Followmont Transport Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace
Followmont internship program (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 April 2019
Excellent place to learn about accounting.
Receivable and payables are really big areas to learn.
Very nice people to learn and work with.
Strongly recommend this place for work.
Great friends through the driver side of it
Hr driver (Former Employee) –  Yandina QLD17 January 2019
Yandina branch so unorganised sort your freight each morning before sorting your run out then wait to be loaded go to outback county areas in a 10 pallet truck to deliver a carton the size of a tissue box always having to write your own con notes as paperwork doesn’t match up with items honestly worst place I’ve worked wouldn’t recommend to anyone pay is terrible
Pros
Nil
Cons
Working long hours for minimum wage
Great company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD5 January 2019
Working for Followmont Transport was very enjoyable, the job had challenging moments but the company as a whole was very supportive and the leadership course was fantastic.
Pros
Company values
Cons
Staff availability
Integrity has taken a dive in last 2 yrs. Management first, staff are lost.
PUD Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 August 2018
I love and very passionate about my job, Unfortunately had to fight for company values and losing. The new direction the company has takin in the last 2yrs did not include employees.
Cons
Too Many Chiefs And Not Enough Indians.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver Cairns12 April 2017
Worked with them for some 2 1/2 years , driving and delivering freight around the town, had a take some time off work for family reasons , to get my dad sorted out and into a nursing home , took a month off with out pay . Also I am my dads EPOE and I needed to take a couple of days off to take my dad to appointments and I was refused the time off , so I resigned and finished up with them.
Pros
free bbq wounce a month
Cons
expect you to work very long hours, you don't have a home.
With the magazines we knew the gossip before the rest of Qld
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 January 2017
Worked with some interesting and fine people in the Magazine section. Everyone knew their jobs and most were multi-skilled and hard working people. Enjoyed the breakfast or lunch bbq's and the ladies celebrating their birthdates with yummy lunches.
Pros
great co workers
....Some of the best years of my working life!!!
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD1 November 2016
I walked into work like i was walking on court to play a game of volley. Each day was different with a good possibility of minor changes to your team due to roster. These changes would make or break us sometimes but you learn to work with the hand that is dealt you. You learn to "keep it moving". Our management team as a collective had experience of 50-60years within the company. They were the most invested and dedicated to seeing how best to tackle daily challenges and meeting daily objectives the best way they knew how. I am qualified Graphic Designer. Moving to Australia I gave myself a year in this warehouse to save then move on to a graphic job. That never happened much to my fathers dismay ( a Samoan thing) lol I thoroughly enjoyed the work, the bosses, the physicality of the job. The money was great and most of all the relationships I formed with the people i worked with. The work was hard at times very physical, but that is what i loved about it. Everyday was different. Why would I leave?
As i get older balance is everything. My love for the creative world is more progressive now than its ever been because i choose to keep it in in my life without making it my life's mission. The hardest part about the job was leaving it. I was glad to stay to the end. It was a good ride and a wave that will be hard to beat. This is what i have learned. "You're only as good as your team, as strong as your weakest link". Overall some of the best learning years of my life, definitely some of the best years of my working life!
Pros
Great communication, Family oriented
Cons
Not being able to say goodbye to everyone.
not fun , very unorganized
PUD Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD10 March 2016
wait for truchs , always late
rush to sort freight when unloaded
sort run order & inform forklift operators in which order to load freight
deliver frieght , always rushing
management quick to pass buck
co workers great to work with
love the customers terrific people
Pros
customers were fantastic
Cons
management unreliable
Work days were productive
General Hand (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD25 February 2016
Everyone worked and did their part to make sure everything got done on time the work environment was cheerful during the start of the day then came the rush to get everything done before the end of the day
Good place to work just needs better management
HC/HR Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver, NT8 November 2015
Followmont is a good company and at the moment are going about ALOT of change and expansion and will be a VERY good company in the next 12 to 18 months.

I left due to lack of understanding of my situation and had to put my family first.
Pros
Good bunch of blokes, high safety standards
Cons
Poor pay for what we are expected to do, lack of understanding people and their families
Great work environment to work in and great staff
Forklift Operator/freight Sorter (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD19 October 2015
operate forklift ,pack pallets with freight, load and unload trucks, general housekeeping, general duties and a great team environment to work in.
good place to work
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm, QLD21 September 2015
due to an injury received work was terminated.
good route runs.
good supportive forklift loaders and unloaders.
most enjoyable part of the job was driving
Pros
get to drive
Cons
trucks needed updating re: gates
Great working environment
picker and packer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 March 2015
fun working environment, great managers and bosses , flexability when it comes to personal or family issues. My typical day would be turning the packing machine on and getting the strapping machines on and working making sure printer is working and loaded with paper. There really is nothing hard about my job as a picker and packer with magazines .. Enjoyable part is working within a great team .
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
productive and fun
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD13 February 2015
start of each day i would organize delivering runs for each worker by picking and packing through the freight that come in. then concentrate on my own deliveries for the day. I enjoyed the connections i had with all my clients witch made each day enjoyable.
Pros
good people
Cons
low income
Priority Freight Delivery
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton City, QLD10 December 2013
I was responsible for delivering priority pharmaceuticals & general freight.
Also built great rapport with customers & have a high attention to detail.