Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Followmont Transport Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Great place to work at the time. Would love to work at Folliwmont again. They are a great company. Fantastic boss we had at the time. Family orientated.
Boring and not challenging. I did not learn anything new except that I needed more intellectual stimulation in a job.
Management did not communicate well, staff were not happy at work.

Workplace culture was one of bullying and harassment. The men were often wrestling each other and making derogatory comments about each other.

Everyone came from a different workplace experience in the transport industry. There were no work methods, each one doing it the way they liked. This made it very hard to learn the job as the office was open and you could have five people getting upset if you didn't do things their way.

When I broached this with management and asked for clarity, she just made excuses for the staff and did nothing to help me.

I did not enjoy this job and found the office atmosphere, degrading and unprofessional.
loved the job was fun and fast paced heaps of ways to learn and grow a great place if you would like to get your foot in the door at warehousing job. recommend this place to anyone
Worst experience ever. Management does not care about their employees, only there to make profit. Claim there is room to grow but once brought up you are instantly shut down. Would probably be an OK job for casual basis, or to get started however, environment is very childish.
Excellent place to learn about accounting.
Receivable and payables are really big areas to learn.

Very nice people to learn and work with.

Strongly recommend this place for work.
good people to work with

hardest part of the job would be lifting items over 30kgs

the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be knock off time
Yandina branch so unorganised sort your freight each morning before sorting your run out then wait to be loaded go to outback county areas in a 10 pallet truck to deliver a carton the size of a tissue box always having to write your own con notes as paperwork doesn’t match up with items honestly worst place I’ve worked wouldn’t recommend to anyone pay is terrible
Pros
Nil
Cons
Working long hours for minimum wage
Working for Followmont Transport was very enjoyable, the job had challenging moments but the company as a whole was very supportive and the leadership course was fantastic.
Pros
Company values
Cons
Staff availability
I love and very passionate about my job, Unfortunately had to fight for company values and losing. The new direction the company has takin in the last 2yrs did not include employees.
Cons
Worked with them for some 2 1/2 years , driving and delivering freight around the town, had a take some time off work for family reasons , to get my dad sorted out and into a nursing home , took a month off with out pay . Also I am my dads EPOE and I needed to take a couple of days off to take my dad to appointments and I was refused the time off , so I resigned and finished up with them.
Pros
free bbq wounce a month
Cons
expect you to work very long hours, you don't have a home.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Followmont Transport?
Worked with some interesting and fine people in the Magazine section. Everyone knew their jobs and most were multi-skilled and hard working people. Enjoyed the breakfast or lunch bbq's and the ladies celebrating their birthdates with yummy lunches.
Pros
great co workers
I walked into work like i was walking on court to play a game of volley. Each day was different with a good possibility of minor changes to your team due to roster. These changes would make or break us sometimes but you learn to work with the hand that is dealt you. You learn to "keep it moving". Our management team as a collective had experience of 50-60years within the company. They were the most invested and dedicated to seeing how best to tackle daily challenges and meeting daily objectives the best way they knew how. I am qualified Graphic Designer. Moving to Australia I gave myself a year in this warehouse to save then move on to a graphic job. That never happened much to my fathers dismay ( a Samoan thing) lol I thoroughly enjoyed the work, the bosses, the physicality of the job. The money was great and most of all the relationships I formed with the people i worked with. The work was hard at times very physical, but that is what i loved about it. Everyday was different. Why would I leave?
As i get older balance is everything. My love for the creative world is more progressive now than its ever been because i choose to keep it in in my life without making it my life's mission. The hardest part about the job was leaving it. I was glad to stay to the end. It was a good ride and a wave that will be hard to beat. This is what i have learned. "You're only as good as your team, as strong as your weakest link". Overall some of the best learning years of my life, definitely some of the best years of my working life!
Pros
Great communication, Family oriented
Cons
Not being able to say goodbye to everyone.
wait for truchs , always late
rush to sort freight when unloaded

sort run order & inform forklift operators in which order to load freight

deliver frieght , always rushing

management quick to pass buck

co workers great to work with

love the customers terrific people
Pros
customers were fantastic
Cons
management unreliable
Everyone worked and did their part to make sure everything got done on time the work environment was cheerful during the start of the day then came the rush to get everything done before the end of the day
Followmont is a good company and at the moment are going about ALOT of change and expansion and will be a VERY good company in the next 12 to 18 months.

I left due to lack of understanding of my situation and had to put my family first.
Pros
Good bunch of blokes, high safety standards
Cons
Poor pay for what we are expected to do, lack of understanding people and their families
operate forklift ,pack pallets with freight, load and unload trucks, general housekeeping, general duties and a great team environment to work in.
due to an injury received work was terminated.
good route runs.

good supportive forklift loaders and unloaders.

most enjoyable part of the job was driving
Pros
get to drive
Cons
trucks needed updating re: gates
fun working environment, great managers and bosses , flexability when it comes to personal or family issues. My typical day would be turning the packing machine on and getting the strapping machines on and working making sure printer is working and loaded with paper. There really is nothing hard about my job as a picker and packer with magazines .. Enjoyable part is working within a great team .
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
start of each day i would organize delivering runs for each worker by picking and packing through the freight that come in. then concentrate on my own deliveries for the day. I enjoyed the connections i had with all my clients witch made each day enjoyable.
Pros
good people
Cons
low income
I was responsible for delivering priority pharmaceuticals & general freight.
Also built great rapport with customers & have a high attention to detail.