Fonterra Employee Reviews

Australia's 2nd biggest manufacturer of dairy products
Senior Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Spreyton TAS31 July 2017
Large dairy manufacturer with strong links to rural communities looking to be the No.1 supplier of Dairy in Australia and leader of innovation for the future.
Enjoy Driving and Customer Account Building
Teritory Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Rivers NSW21 June 2017
Ideal role for people who enjoy the above. Milk and Dairy can be rather more "political" than you think, so be prepared to be challenged in this role.
Pros
A dfferent workplace every day
Cons
A lot of driving hours
Great Company
Microbiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Spreyton TAS30 May 2017
Reasonable Salary and Great Culture, also there is a good diversity of people and expertise.
Opportunity to grow your career and great management. Good place to learn new skills
Fonterra - Great company great people
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Cobden VIC26 March 2017
A typical day working for Fonterra is one where the company is looking after you. "Safe home everyday" motto is what you hear every single day. They make you put your family first and constantly remind their employees to have a safe day so that you get home to your families.
Management is constantly asking for employees feedback and input to improve anything that may need addressing or updating. The workplace culture is excellent with the enormous variety of ethnicities employeed by Fonterra globally. The hardest part of the job is getting your foot in the door to get that permanent role.The most enjoyable part of the job is the ongoing development you are exposed to on a daily basis.
Pros
Excellent company with great people
Cons
Minimal plants in Australia
Good Company
Senior Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 November 2016
The company was a good place to work, however training was at times very poor. I had great co-workers. A normal day would be around 12 hrs as I had to support after hours.
Pros
worked 20 mins from home
Cons
Required to travel to head office which was on the other side of Melbourne
Did 4 Industrial project for them.
mechanical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Biyakama15 October 2016
That was a project based work so i the deadlines were difficult to handle. however we gave our best to finish the project with in the time.
Great workplace filled with Fantastic people
Bottle Filler Operator, Lab Assistant in Training (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW25 April 2016
I loved working at Fonterra, Not only did I feel like part of a team I felt like part of a family I was blessed to be able to work in a place that was so fun and easy going but also meeting and exceeding all required targets. I loved it!!
nice company to work for
Export Coordinator/ Global Sourcing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Altona VIC22 November 2015
Fonterra is a good company to work for, good culture, friendly people, good management, enjoyed working there for 11 years.
Pros
location close to home
Cons
restructure
great work place
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  cobden18 August 2015
while working at Fonterra I leant how to run a production line, work within a team and on my own, I really enjoyed all the different people to meet. I enjoy the shift work
A very rewarding workplace
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Fonterra Echuca11 August 2015
Worked permanent night shift on 12 hour shifts, 3 shifts per week
I was able to work my way up from a process operator & yogurt maker to lower management.
management were very approachable and listened to your issues
The people I worked with were easy to get along with and always willing to help out where they could.
The hardest part was being on night shift you were isolated from the day to day decisions of management and most of them had gone home by the time you started work
It was very satisfying knowing that the job I done made a difference
Pros
job satisfaction
factory worker
Plant Production Maintainer Operator (Former Employee) –  perth9 August 2015
good company to work for
the roster was very easy with 4 days on 4 days off with 12 hour shifts
good people to work with , gained many tickets in the course of working there
Lovely workers, friendly crew
Machine Operator/ Paper Work (Former Employee) –  Bayswater vic26 July 2015
Very close knit group of workers, and overall the job was good. Once you reach a level 4 operator there are not really any opportunities to expand or grow beyond that which I found to be a bit of a downfall as I am always looking to expand my knowledge.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough opportunity to expand or grow.
A place filled with opportuntiy
Export Coordinator Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Altona VIC10 February 2015
Fonterra was a wonderful place to work, not only were management and co-workers a pleasure to work with but there was always opportunity to learn more. The company always encouraged growth and development. I started in export documentation and later became the team leader in the Export Coordinator Role. I was in the Customer Service Manager role for 1 year which was a great experience.
Pros
Great people and free cheese
Cons
Head office too far from home
Fun workplace
Dairy Products Processor (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga, NSW29 January 2015
A typical day at Fonterra consisted of working on a production line. I learnt to work well as part of a team and process orders to tight deadlines.
I used to work long shift work hours but the fun people I worked with made it enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was probably being on your feet for up to 10hrs a day.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Unhappy with policy and procedues
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Cobden, S27 January 2015
Very disappointed after 6years of not coming from this area learning to drive hills after spending 30 years of my driving life on mostly flat ground. A day at work was mostly 10 hours and to travel 2 hours to and from work. I learned that that every farmer is different and no two farmers are the same. I found that management of the company was very sincere and caring until we had a new manager for transport was so very rude was not liked by many and was not like other mangers in the company and gave no thought to any other people in transport. My co-workers were happy and thought full group of people that u would go out of your way to talk to until a unknown person turned up and turned the boat up side down and hurt some driver terribly bad. The hardest part of my job was to care for the company after being so brown hearted after wanting to spend the rest of my life with them Fonterra. The most enjoyable part was to get up go to work with the love of people and the trucks I love so much wish we had the best of.
Pros
salary
Cons
hours worked
Fun workplace, varied tasks to do throughout the day.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Bayswater10 January 2015
I like the work, its is fun. Need a great eye for detail when on inspections of cheese. Being on your feet all day they have plenty of breaks which is good.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
not enough shifts available
early starts, good work environment. shame it closed down
Machine Operator / Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Cororooke Victoria.15 October 2014
start at 4am, bagging milk powder in the sapac area.
how to operate machinery, dust extraction, forklifts and wrapping pallets.
sapac operator. good powder management.
good team environment to work in.
unblocking the blocked powder silos.
working with team players. makes a good work place.
dealing with lots of people and getting put into and learning to handle different circumstances
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N28 April 2014
I enjoyed my time with Fonterra.
Like any job it had its good days and bad days.
I started as a weekend merchandiser and quickly got more and more hours till I was full time.
My job was fast paced and sometimes filling in for reps. some days travelling up to 200km a day. I enjoyed the fast pace and knowing what I had to accomplish. sometimes taking me in new directions and having to be flexible.
Pros
sometime recieving free stock and later going onto bonus system every three months
Cons
sometimes my days would start at 5am and would finish with me falling in the door at around 7pm
A company of change
Change Release and Risk Manager - ANZ (Former Employee) –  Mount Waverley, VIC29 January 2014
A company that has a great deal of change.

Through mergers, acquisitions and divestments, this is a very dynamic company.
Solid work
Forklift Operator/Assistant Despatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga16 December 2013
Long hours and constant roster changes.

Low pay and no chance of advancement.
Pros
Work was always available
Cons
No comment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.