FoodWorks Supermarket Employee Reviews

Safe work environment, wish i was still working there
Junior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Runaway Bay QLD20 July 2019
I worked at Foodworks Runaway Bay,

Overall the first job i've felt comfortable to work in with good and unique people with strong understanding to people still trying to learn and experience how to work in a supermarket. The Managers are very understanding there and overall it feels like your working with a family of friends. they've never forgotten to pay me or refused when i worked there and they don't mess around. would highly recommend working here.
Pros
a great environment to work in
Cons
N/a
Worst People to Work For
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gosnells WA2 May 2019
Owners were lower than the scum that stole every other day. Constantly bullied and belittle stuff and broke numerous laws and didn't care. Don't know why I put up with them for 6 years.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northcote VIC1 April 2019
Provides a variety of learning opportunities on a daily basis such as problem solving skills and logical thinking. Challenges every worker to obtain a new set of skills.
productive and fun
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Walcha NSW13 March 2019
a productive retail workplace where teamwork is highly needed and required. opportunities to learn all work types within the company including retail, cash handling, food handling, stock work
Pros
small breaks
Cons
nil
great
Customer Service Assistant/Night time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 March 2019
was a great place to work very busy so your shift goes fast, perfect life and work balance. management easy to work with, pay is great. loved working there
Better management and friendlier staff would make shopping at foodworks and working at foodworks a lot better.
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW9 March 2019
Working at foodworks most day was very difficult, there was more staff issues and drama the actual work getting done. Due to staff and management i felt unsafe in my work place due to bullying, which led to me leaving a job that i liked doing.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Work place bullying
Retail Assistant, Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bungendore NSW24 February 2019
I worked in FoodWorks on the registers, in the Deli, Stacking Shelves and maintaining and re stocking the fruit and Veg

This was a great starting point for me to get into the work scene

You make alot of friends, and meet alot of people. this helps develop customer skills which everyone requires
Productive and fun workplace!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saddleworth SA30 December 2018
I loved working here, was the best job ive had. Worked with the best people and enjoyed interacting with customers. I feel as though I gained alot of experience here.
Pros
Discounted products
Place of learning and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burpengary QLD21 December 2018
I loved working with people and interacting with all different customers. My boss made work fun because we were able to be light hearted and joke around, yet still get the work done. I was able to learn so much with such a plethora of customers. I was able to learn how to deal with different people and try to make people feel important.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay and not consistent shifts
Productive, fun, engaging
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW17 December 2018
Great work environment, excellent management. Taught me all I know about customer service making me more employable than I ever was. Would recommend as a great first job as they take on a lot of junior staff.
Typical Day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redbank QLD12 December 2018
A typical day at work would either be restocking the shelves, serving customers or cleaning the places that needed cleaning on the shelves and floors.
Very minimum wage and no culture at all
Fresh Produce Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bacchus Marsh VIC27 November 2018
Work place is very untidy, poor management in any department, bugger all pay. Stuff all culture there either, such a lazy workplace. Hours depend on department
Pros
There is none
Cons
To many to list
Good environment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD7 November 2018
Food Works was an excellent opportunity for me to join the work force and provided me with the experience and skills necessary to move on to other opportunities.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
non
Having a laugh with the staff
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Bombala NSW27 October 2018
You could always make the day fun and productive it a good key feature as people forget about other things and concerntrate at the task in hand what can i say there was never a dull moment
Pros
Lunch on hand
Cons
Early start early finish
Management unprofessional
Baker (Current Employee) –  Bacchus Marsh VIC14 October 2018
I been working almost 8 years from apprentice to full timer, No support from your department management no growth from your fields, barely learn anything because the of the inconsistency of the organisation. there's no team vibe or support, Sometime you have to work long hours because of lack of staff management unable to organise staff to fill in. Especially if you have to work night time definitely will have no life balance at all.
fast pace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitebridge NSW11 October 2018
A great first job.i enjoyed the working environment and staff made working fun. Jobs varied and each day was new, as i learned registers, produce and shelve restocking
Great people, avg retail work
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 October 2018
The people you work with will be the best part of the job, they are exceedingly polite and you will make many friends. The Bosses are usually nice but can make some boneheaded moves, (as usual). The work is as you would expect for a retail job. Just don't take a salary!!! They will make you work long overtime without pay if you do, so go pay by hours never salary! The hours can be pretty early if you are in produce, bakery or meat departments (5 am starts)
Pros
Great people
Cons
repetitive, boring
good enviroment full of kind people
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redbank VIC26 September 2018
working at food works was a good experience for me because it helped me open up more with customers, the staff members were also very nice and taught me a lot of new skills when starting off into the work industry
the hours of work were not suitable for a family person
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 September 2018
staff supervision was a problem as some staff members worked harder than the others.

This led to an unfair allocation of workload amongst staff members
Pros
the owner was a very good man
Cons
hours of work not suitable
Exciting
Retail Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  New South Wales1 September 2018
Best job, lots of new areas to learn about. Also new faces to meet. You can work your way up the ladder towards managerment. And always a new challenge.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Non