FoodWorks Supermarket

FoodWorks Supermarket Employee Reviews

Australia265 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good pay for Casual but turnover rate is high

Good place to work at at with nice employees. Customers are very nice though recent shift in management took some time to adjust but overall good job with good pay.

Pros

staff discount, usually nice customers

Cons

sometimes very busy

Good managementGetting more shiftsSalary is goodLots to learn at workManageable jobPeople are kind at workPeople helps each otherLots of stocks which is good for the store

Pros

good salary

Cons

nothing

Low pay and expected to give 100%

Not a good job. Get it if you absolutely need it but otherwise not something you want at all. If you have good management then it will br ok but otherwise it is not good.

Pros

Easy to get

Very sexist environment

Do not recommend working here very toxic environment poor ownership poor management lots of favouritism do not look after staff and it feels like a crime to take personal time off for legit reason such as sick family

Interesting at the best of times

What really makes your work day is the other staff and mood of your manager that day. It's a great starting point for anyone looking for a job between school.

Great supervising staff and bosses, however co workers may become an issue

It’s an okay place to work but as a junior staff member my pet peace became repeatedly covering shifts for other juniors so they could go out to parties or dinners with family friends and no one covering my own when I desperately needed it due to family sickness

A productive fun workplace with great pay and great staff.

I typical day at work was fun, with good shifts and a nice 10-minute break. I learned how to do checkout, and floor (stacking the shelves) and I learned how to work fast in a busy environment. The management was kind and easy to deal with. As it was my first job I found it helpful because it gave me the skills to help me with future jobs. I met great people, the pay was great and I had an enjoyable time.

Productive and effective workplace boss always made you feel welcome

Amazing place to work, I honestly wouldn’t be where I am with customers service if it wasn’t for the help of my co worker, i will always thank everyone there for the opportunity to work with them as a team

Easy job with fun coworkers but low pay and poor management

I worked in a small store with usually only 1 other staff member. This resulted in a variety of experiences learning about all parts of running a store. Many easy but sometimes tedious tasks needed to be done throughout the day as well as cashiering. Gets stressful when store is busy.

Pros

Simple tasks Good experience

Cons

Low pay Management can be rude

Quiet produce work place

working in the Produce area was very quiet cause I was mostly working by my self cutting vegetables٫rapping them٫ putting vegetables stock out on shelf's٫ food quality checks٫ and sometimes assisting customers. etc٫I mostly enjoyed the nice quietness cause I didn't have to talk to customers that much nor barely talked to my co workers٫ but besides all that one thing I didn't like there was because they had no medical stuff for you in case of injury and also I was a bit stress there cause there was always something that I forgot to do cause its very busy working in the produce area and sometimes the co workers weren't very nice to me. But its an ok place to work at

Pros

Quiet place to work at produce at when you don't really like talking to people

Cons

Not really any medical stuff for injury's and some co workers weren't nice

Good team members, however management was sorely lacking

The main issue with these establishments, at least the one where I was employed, are that the management and supervisors offload, the work onto the retail assistants without providing any real help, or solutions to any problems that arise.

Pros

Other team members

Cons

Management Pay General working conditions

Interesting

An interesting place to work. There was always something to do. You get paid minimum wage and in cash (if underaged) with no possibility of promotion or a raise. This was only for the store I worked at a could be different for other stores.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Wage

Experience with FoodWorks

Working for FoodWorks was the best time of my life, made so many friendships with my work colleagues and learned so much more about communication skills as well as working hard and being reliable.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Non

Better knowledge gained during my shifts about customer service

It was a blasting experience in Foodworks Birtinya. As it was my first job it made me more enhanced different skills such as customer service, punctuality, teamwork, leadership quality. moreover, boosted my condifidence as well.

Pros

Opportunities for developing different skills neede for a good sales assistant

Cons

Salary was not increases

great place

I enjoy working here. great customers, great staff and managers. for my first job, I look forward to seeing what other businesses have to offer compared to this.

friendly and cooperative work enviroment

I belive you can learn a lot of practice experience in retail world. with the nice staff and manager, owner, we are learning to grow there, improving customer service skills.

Sales Assistant

There was a huge team culture at Food works,we were like a family, I enjoyed my time working as a Sales assistant until I had to leave yo have my first child.

Rude management and staff.

Management are rude. Some coworkers are also rude. Not enough hours. Not enough staff. Management does not care about staff. Staff are always getting yelled at.

Don’t pay weekend pay rate

They want staff for weekends for long shifts but don’t wanna pay weekend rate.if you don’t work on weekends than they won’t hire you. Management is very rude and unprofessional

nice job

get alot of knowledge how to handle all the stuff of food and how to deal with customers wisely and with soft hearted way and shared a good experience over there

Pros

nice skills adopted

Cons

not much salary provided

Used to have a deli manager who is very rude

Got ripped off with my pay. You do the job for less money. Hard work is not recognised. The old deli manager was nasty to customers and staff. It all started good at the first but it went downhill from there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FoodWorks Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare FoodWorks Supermarket with