Foot Locker
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foot Locker Employee Reviews

i worked at footlocker for two years. i loved working with the staff there. we got on so well. if you have a chilled, laidback and friendly personality, you should be good. i honestly made some really good friends over there - even so, management was not great. this is not at every store, i just wasnt very lucky. i honestly ignored catty comments and favouritism and other stuff like that but sometimes it really annoyed me. i was friends with my coworkers anyway and it was good because the customers that come into FL can be so rude and entitled. there is something so demeaning about someone forcing you to put the shoe on her foot (thats not part of our job) but they can get very aggressive and treat you like a servant. especially the kids department - oh my stay away from there. (they normally stick new people or in my managers case people they dont like there). end of year work party is always nice and the staff discount is pretty cool. they are aggressive about KPI's which is why everytime you step into FL someone is jumping at you trying to make you buy something. its really bad because they name and shame every week. i hated that. i honestly didn't care about KPIs but i also tried to make money where i could. the actual job in itself i didn't like but what kept me there were my friends/coworkers. i eventually left onto something better for me. i wouldn't stay here as a forever job but you do meet some good people
Pros
staff discount, nice people, good music played in store
Cons
pay (pretty sure were underpaid by a lot), management, KPI name and shame
I worked at two different footlocker stores and both managers were horrible however I had a decent team with both stores and got along with majority of people I worked with. I had to go to HR due to being mistreated.
Pros
Making customers happy
Cons
Getting mistreated
If your at a struggling store then you will be in the firing line as a store manager with your direct manager needing a scapegoat. Your salary will be sheethouse but they will take advantage of the fact that your work in a store that sells shoes so you may not have many options employment prospects... They care little for your work life balance and will replace you with the next in the chain and blow smoke up the a-narse like they once did yours, burn them out and so on and so forth. There are some good people though the turnover is high as people move on to better things (not hard here). Prepare to earn little, feel stressed and be unheard by your area manager.
Pros
Some freebees and discounts, some cool people.
Cons
Horrible pay, unnecessary pressure and little support.
I was given no shifts. I did enjoy the work culture and friendliness of the team. More shifts would of been enjoyable and the communication wasn't great.
- positive environment - sometimes slow sometimes fast paced - typical day involved greeting every customer. being friendly having conversations, sizing feet and helping customers find a shoe for them. finding shoes out the back and putting them through using the till.
Whilst I was at footlocker I experienced a lot of bullying and poor management skills. However the work culture outside of my store was really motivating and had good incentives for performance.
Salaire pénible. Esprit d'équipe pénible, aucune organisation.
I worked at Foot Locker on/off for a year. Barely got hours as a casual and got tossed to the side when I had other commitments (online education and second job) but good discounts on shoes and you get to see the new releases before the general public but have to wait to buy the new shoes like everyone else. Management had a lot of favoritism with certain staff members they preferred to give more hours to.Overall I rate my experience a 3.5/10
I absolutely loved working for footlocker, favourite job to date. The team are genuinely awesome people and were very accomodating to training their seasonal casual staff. The combination of being surrounded by such a great team, good music and like-minded, sneaker-head customers made my working experience so enjoyable.
Well equipped, organised, team work, beautiful culture acceptance, always provide a challenge / goal, awesome hourly rates and a fun environment to work within.
Foot locker was a great team environment. Great to meet different people everyday to communicate with them and help them with there needs. This company helped me be the manager i am today
Had a fun time. Besides being a 2IC theres know where up from there. Very pushing on customers which is something i don't agree on. But still a very fun environment
Footlocker was an amazing experience. It really opened your eyes to the world of Retail and Sales. The staff there is really nice and careful and would do anything for their customers.
Pros
Meeting new people and selling products that I love
Cons
Nothing much, just on your feet everyday but thats basically every retail so...
a typical day at footlocker is pretty relaxed. you get in with a good selling mindset and your day is already going to be enjoyable. I learnt different selling techniques and how to manage a customers needs and expectations. workplace culture is good, everyone is positive and works towards a common goal - satifying a customers needs.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
not always busy
Typical day at work usually pretty busy especially on weekends and Thursday nights, They taught me how to properly sell and how to upsale, helped boost confidence
Pros
Organised
Cons
- Great team environment - Support from managers and 2ICs - Fun during Christmas holiday season - Good staff discounts - A great place to make long lasting friendships
a normal typical day at footlocker can be stressful at times but in the long run, helping other figure out what they are interested in is worth the hard work, because at the end of the day knowing you did your best and helped someone leaves you with a good feeling inside
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Traveling
Overall good company to work for. But as you grow you need new challenges. Good work study balance, good hours. The discounts you get as employee is also a plus.
fun day to work with customers and selling shoes best people to work with, the most enjoyable part is reaching our goals and winning challenges to sell shoes in our area
this was a fast paced retail store it was very busy and i gained alot of experince in leadership and customer service.typical day was based around chasing sales and merchandising .
Pros
great team
Cons
alot of extra hours unpaid due to extra worl load of cleaning and stock
amazing job, love working here and still do, great team to work with and such a chilled work space. still fool around but when things need to be done it gets done no questions asked, mangers/ boss are good and friendly everyone was so welcoming when people first started, and they want to make you come back and keep working as it is that much fin, and it is even fun to sell shoes and never realized how much different types of shoes and sneakers there are in the world.