Foot Locker

Australia61 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 61 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,114 reviews

Fun

Fun job friendly environment and people sneaker knowledge Management team is abit off Stressful at times But mostly fun and productive Care about full timers not really casuals

Great first time job

Ideal for people finished or finishing school. Great for customer service skills development however they do not value their hardest workers so by doing the bare minimum you should be fine.

Foot Locker insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Management ruining a perfectly good work place.

I have worked for Footlocker for almost 5 years in multiple locations and roles. I have never had such a consistently terrible experience with upper management as with this company. Clear favouritism and constant gossip and miscommunication issues on all levels. No help in regards to coaching and development unless you get in a higher-up's good graces. It has made a place I used to love working at a place dread going anywhere near.Also consistently getting paid incorrectly despite being on a full-time contract with little to no assistance in fixing the situation. The only reason to stay is the discount and you can get better at other workplaces.

Pros

Discount, Number of locations available

Cons

Managment, Pay, Working Conditions, Treatment of staff, Communication

Expérience

Salaire très intéressant si vous etes un bon vendeur pouvant aller jusqu’à 2200€

Decent to start your retail experience

It’s decent. I had problems with the old manager she wasn’t really nice at all. played favourites and gave me no hours at all for 6 weeks for a petty reason. Once she left i started getting rostered again. Management now is amazing. It really depends on your management if i’m being honest. Which can make your experience working there positive or negative. Some managers can be nastier than others but so far new management are so great, and i’ve had no issues with them. Only negative thing is hours are not guaranteed at my store due to being a large store. The minimum is 5. However most casuals get 10 or more.

Very amazing place to work but new manager ruined everything became to bossy and started to bully everyone and most people left, hired new people to get rid of the old workers who put their heart and soul into the store and no one got any appreciation. Job is very good for uni students or people still in school, pay is very good can support yourself on the pay, managers are a hit or miss I’ve had some of the most amazing mangers and one of the worst!

Pros

Flexible Good pay Good team

Cons

Manager Small break

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work as far as meeting like-minded coworkers and good discounts on apparel. KPI's can be demanding depending on the store you work at. The busier, the more demanding. Otherwise, a great place as far as retail goes.

Great place to work if you enjoy socialising and working in sales.

The team and managers I work with are easy going and I’ve met some cool people in this short time. Basic knowledge about shoes is a must, but you can also learn so much on the job.

Pros

Staff discounts and the people.

Cons

Short hours and not many shifts

Great for skills learning

my time at Foot Locker was short and fun however the management was horrible. I loved the team and the connections I made but I lost them all within a couple of days due to a misunderstanding the store manager was not willing to fix. generally speaking could take them down for what they did to me but at this point I have been through enough trying to sort out this situation on my own without any support from this company. it was deeply disappointing to see such a popular well known company through their staff under the bus they way they did without any thought or hesitation. This company is great for those needing a job and wanting work now. personally I wouldn't recommend it as a career.

Pros

discounts

Cons

management and head office

Fun place to work but hard to come across a good team.

I worked at two different footlocker stores and both managers were horrible however I had a decent team with both stores and got along with majority of people I worked with. I had to go to HR due to being mistreated.

Pros

Making customers happy

Cons

Getting mistreated

one of my favourite work environments - except management and the actual job

i worked at footlocker for two years. i loved working with the staff there. we got on so well. if you have a chilled, laidback and friendly personality, you should be good. i honestly made some really good friends over there - even so, management was not great. this is not at every store, i just wasnt very lucky. i honestly ignored catty comments and favouritism and other stuff like that but sometimes it really annoyed me. i was friends with my coworkers anyway and it was good because the customers that come into FL can be so rude and entitled. there is something so demeaning about someone forcing you to put the shoe on her foot (thats not part of our job) but they can get very aggressive and treat you like a servant. especially the kids department - oh my stay away from there. (they normally stick new people or in my managers case people they dont like there). end of year work party is always nice and the staff discount is pretty cool. they are aggressive about KPI's which is why everytime you step into FL someone is jumping at you trying to make you buy something. its really bad because they name and shame every week. i hated that. i honestly didn't care about KPIs but i also tried to make money where i could. the actual job in itself i didn't like but what kept me there were my friends/coworkers. i eventually left onto something better for me. i wouldn't stay here as a forever job but you do meet some good people

Pros

staff discount, nice people, good music played in store

Cons

pay (pretty sure were underpaid by a lot), management, KPI name and shame

Some good people but everyone is on horrible pay

If your at a struggling store then you will be in the firing line as a store manager with your direct manager needing a scapegoat. Your salary will be sheethouse but they will take advantage of the fact that your work in a store that sells shoes so you may not have many options employment prospects... They care little for your work life balance and will replace you with the next in the chain and blow smoke up the a-narse like they once did yours, burn them out and so on and so forth. There are some good people though the turnover is high as people move on to better things (not hard here). Prepare to earn little, feel stressed and be unheard by your area manager.

Pros

Some freebees and discounts, some cool people.

Cons

Horrible pay, unnecessary pressure and little support.

Christmas Casual

I was given no shifts. I did enjoy the work culture and friendliness of the team. More shifts would of been enjoyable and the communication wasn't great.

productive but also chilled workplace

- positive environment - sometimes slow sometimes fast paced - typical day involved greeting every customer. being friendly having conversations, sizing feet and helping customers find a shoe for them. finding shoes out the back and putting them through using the till.

Terrible management

Whilst I was at footlocker I experienced a lot of bullying and poor management skills. However the work culture outside of my store was really motivating and had good incentives for performance.

Penible

Salaire pénible. Esprit d'équipe pénible, aucune organisation.

My experience

I worked at Foot Locker on/off for a year. Barely got hours as a casual and got tossed to the side when I had other commitments (online education and second job) but good discounts on shoes and you get to see the new releases before the general public but have to wait to buy the new shoes like everyone else. Management had a lot of favoritism with certain staff members they preferred to give more hours to.Overall I rate my experience a 3.5/10

Amazing team environment

I absolutely loved working for footlocker, favourite job to date. The team are genuinely awesome people and were very accomodating to training their seasonal casual staff. The combination of being surrounded by such a great team, good music and like-minded, sneaker-head customers made my working experience so enjoyable.

Would not recommend working there

Don’t work there as the staff always have something nasty to say about you, the managers don’t really care about you and it’s a toxic environment I hated it

Great Progression

Well equipped, organised, team work, beautiful culture acceptance, always provide a challenge / goal, awesome hourly rates and a fun environment to work within.

Awesome place to work and great community

Foot locker was a great team environment. Great to meet different people everyday to communicate with them and help them with there needs. This company helped me be the manager i am today

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Foot Locker with

• Foot Locker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?