Foot Locker
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Foot Locker:

Foot Locker Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant12 reviews
Australia12 reviews
Had a fun time. Besides being a 2IC theres know where up from there. Very pushing on customers which is something i don't agree on. But still a very fun environment
I was given no shifts. I did enjoy the work culture and friendliness of the team. More shifts would of been enjoyable and the communication wasn't great.
I worked at Foot Locker on/off for a year. Barely got hours as a casual and got tossed to the side when I had other commitments (online education and second job) but good discounts on shoes and you get to see the new releases before the general public but have to wait to buy the new shoes like everyone else. Management had a lot of favoritism with certain staff members they preferred to give more hours to.Overall I rate my experience a 3.5/10
Typical day at work usually pretty busy especially on weekends and Thursday nights, They taught me how to properly sell and how to upsale, helped boost confidence
Pros
Organised
Cons
a normal typical day at footlocker can be stressful at times but in the long run, helping other figure out what they are interested in is worth the hard work, because at the end of the day knowing you did your best and helped someone leaves you with a good feeling inside
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Traveling
amazing job, love working here and still do, great team to work with and such a chilled work space. still fool around but when things need to be done it gets done no questions asked, mangers/ boss are good and friendly everyone was so welcoming when people first started, and they want to make you come back and keep working as it is that much fin, and it is even fun to sell shoes and never realized how much different types of shoes and sneakers there are in the world.
Footlocker is a very tiring and fast paced job that required for me a lot of on the ball thinking, the hardest part for me with this job was definitely finding things in the storage compactors out the back, most customers think that we go and find the certain shoe straight away but it is very tough, and even tougher when you're customer gets furious when you cant find what they are looking for quick enough. The most enjoyable part is that it is a very chilled working place to be a part of, although it is upto you to make sure that you are working how your manager wants you too
Very unprofessional work place ( Werribee Plaza )
Manager would swear in front of Customers.

Was accused of Stealing till the found the second in charge manager was stealing. No apology for this matter.

I would stay back helping the stores promotion with buying items with my own money to Fix the store and signage without ever being appreciated or when asked to stay back overtime was not paid.

I got fired along with other staff when my manager decided to leave that day.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Wheres the Union ?
Always busy serving customers and sorting out the products for sale, setting up shelves with shoes and clothes. I learned to serve customers, set up the shop also did a bit of visual merchandising. Great. Taught me a lot. Always clean and tidy, nothing out of place. Climbing the ladders. Serving all the different kinds of customers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Change in management
The people in this workplace made the job as good as it was. Every one was always happy to help and lend a hand when it was needed and if no one in your store could help you could call just about any store in Australia and know that you were going to get a hand.

The other employees were always happy and in good spirits and if I was having a bad day they would go out of their way to change that.

I recommend joining the team if you get the opportunity.
Lovely manager, proactive and fun environment. I learnt a lot in the store about labelling and pricing including stocking as well. Enjoyed lunch breaks and very busy day, always able to help someone in need with the knowledge I was taught.
This company is a great place to work and I have nothing bad to say about it. I would have loved to stay there if I could but unfortunately retail wages don't support Home loans and families. Great for students and people who are still pondering what their career path will be.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Retail wages are never that great.