Foot Locker

Sales Assistant15 reviews
Australia15 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,867 reviews

Very amazing place to work but new manager ruined everything became to bossy and started to bully everyone and most people left, hired new people to get rid of the old workers who put their heart and soul into the store and no one got any appreciation. Job is very good for uni students or people still in school, pay is very good can support yourself on the pay, managers are a hit or miss I’ve had some of the most amazing mangers and one of the worst!

Pros

Flexible Good pay Good team

Cons

Manager Small break

Great place to work if you enjoy socialising and working in sales.

The team and managers I work with are easy going and I’ve met some cool people in this short time. Basic knowledge about shoes is a must, but you can also learn so much on the job.

Pros

Staff discounts and the people.

Cons

Short hours and not many shifts

one of my favourite work environments - except management and the actual job

i worked at footlocker for two years. i loved working with the staff there. we got on so well. if you have a chilled, laidback and friendly personality, you should be good. i honestly made some really good friends over there - even so, management was not great. this is not at every store, i just wasnt very lucky. i honestly ignored catty comments and favouritism and other stuff like that but sometimes it really annoyed me. i was friends with my coworkers anyway and it was good because the customers that come into FL can be so rude and entitled. there is something so demeaning about someone forcing you to put the shoe on her foot (thats not part of our job) but they can get very aggressive and treat you like a servant. especially the kids department - oh my stay away from there. (they normally stick new people or in my managers case people they dont like there). end of year work party is always nice and the staff discount is pretty cool. they are aggressive about KPI's which is why everytime you step into FL someone is jumping at you trying to make you buy something. its really bad because they name and shame every week. i hated that. i honestly didn't care about KPIs but i also tried to make money where i could. the actual job in itself i didn't like but what kept me there were my friends/coworkers. i eventually left onto something better for me. i wouldn't stay here as a forever job but you do meet some good people

Pros

staff discount, nice people, good music played in store

Cons

pay (pretty sure were underpaid by a lot), management, KPI name and shame

Christmas Casual

I was given no shifts. I did enjoy the work culture and friendliness of the team. More shifts would of been enjoyable and the communication wasn't great.

My experience

I worked at Foot Locker on/off for a year. Barely got hours as a casual and got tossed to the side when I had other commitments (online education and second job) but good discounts on shoes and you get to see the new releases before the general public but have to wait to buy the new shoes like everyone else. Management had a lot of favoritism with certain staff members they preferred to give more hours to.Overall I rate my experience a 3.5/10

Easy going job but very focused on KPI'S

Had a fun time. Besides being a 2IC theres know where up from there. Very pushing on customers which is something i don't agree on. But still a very fun environment

Productive, Organised, Professional, fun place to work

Typical day at work usually pretty busy especially on weekends and Thursday nights, They taught me how to properly sell and how to upsale, helped boost confidence

Pros

Organised

productive and fun workplace

a normal typical day at footlocker can be stressful at times but in the long run, helping other figure out what they are interested in is worth the hard work, because at the end of the day knowing you did your best and helped someone leaves you with a good feeling inside

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Traveling

fun to work, love interacting with customers, overall best job

amazing job, love working here and still do, great team to work with and such a chilled work space. still fool around but when things need to be done it gets done no questions asked, mangers/ boss are good and friendly everyone was so welcoming when people first started, and they want to make you come back and keep working as it is that much fin, and it is even fun to sell shoes and never realized how much different types of shoes and sneakers there are in the world.

Fun and enjoyable working place

Footlocker is a very tiring and fast paced job that required for me a lot of on the ball thinking, the hardest part for me with this job was definitely finding things in the storage compactors out the back, most customers think that we go and find the certain shoe straight away but it is very tough, and even tougher when you're customer gets furious when you cant find what they are looking for quick enough. The most enjoyable part is that it is a very chilled working place to be a part of, although it is upto you to make sure that you are working how your manager wants you too

Was Fired as a casual

Very unprofessional work place ( Werribee Plaza ) Manager would swear in front of Customers. Was accused of Stealing till the found the second in charge manager was stealing. No apology for this matter. I would stay back helping the stores promotion with buying items with my own money to Fix the store and signage without ever being appreciated or when asked to stay back overtime was not paid. I got fired along with other staff when my manager decided to leave that day.

Pros

Customers

Cons

Wheres the Union ?

A great environment to be in good co-workers

Always busy serving customers and sorting out the products for sale, setting up shelves with shoes and clothes. I learned to serve customers, set up the shop also did a bit of visual merchandising. Great. Taught me a lot. Always clean and tidy, nothing out of place. Climbing the ladders. Serving all the different kinds of customers.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Change in management

Good work environment with plenty of opportunity to advance with hard work.

The people in this workplace made the job as good as it was. Every one was always happy to help and lend a hand when it was needed and if no one in your store could help you could call just about any store in Australia and know that you were going to get a hand. The other employees were always happy and in good spirits and if I was having a bad day they would go out of their way to change that. I recommend joining the team if you get the opportunity.

Lovely manager, proactive and fun environment. I learnt a lot in the store about labelling and pricing including stocking as well. Enjoyed lunch breaks and very busy day, always able to help someone in need with the knowledge I was taught.

Footlocker

This company is a great place to work and I have nothing bad to say about it. I would have loved to stay there if I could but unfortunately retail wages don't support Home loans and families. Great for students and people who are still pondering what their career path will be.

Pros

Great staff and management

Cons

Retail wages are never that great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Foot Locker