Foot Locker
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foot Locker Management reviews

i worked at footlocker for two years. i loved working with the staff there. we got on so well. if you have a chilled, laidback and friendly personality, you should be good. i honestly made some really good friends over there - even so, management was not great. this is not at every store, i just wasnt very lucky. i honestly ignored catty comments and favouritism and other stuff like that but sometimes it really annoyed me. i was friends with my coworkers anyway and it was good because the customers that come into FL can be so rude and entitled. there is something so demeaning about someone forcing you to put the shoe on her foot (thats not part of our job) but they can get very aggressive and treat you like a servant. especially the kids department - oh my stay away from there. (they normally stick new people or in my managers case people they dont like there). end of year work party is always nice and the staff discount is pretty cool. they are aggressive about KPI's which is why everytime you step into FL someone is jumping at you trying to make you buy something. its really bad because they name and shame every week. i hated that. i honestly didn't care about KPIs but i also tried to make money where i could. the actual job in itself i didn't like but what kept me there were my friends/coworkers. i eventually left onto something better for me. i wouldn't stay here as a forever job but you do meet some good people
Pros
staff discount, nice people, good music played in store
Cons
pay (pretty sure were underpaid by a lot), management, KPI name and shame
I worked at two different footlocker stores and both managers were horrible however I had a decent team with both stores and got along with majority of people I worked with. I had to go to HR due to being mistreated.
Pros
Making customers happy
Cons
Getting mistreated
If your at a struggling store then you will be in the firing line as a store manager with your direct manager needing a scapegoat. Your salary will be sheethouse but they will take advantage of the fact that your work in a store that sells shoes so you may not have many options employment prospects... They care little for your work life balance and will replace you with the next in the chain and blow smoke up the a-narse like they once did yours, burn them out and so on and so forth. There are some good people though the turnover is high as people move on to better things (not hard here). Prepare to earn little, feel stressed and be unheard by your area manager.
Pros
Some freebees and discounts, some cool people.
Cons
Horrible pay, unnecessary pressure and little support.
Whilst I was at footlocker I experienced a lot of bullying and poor management skills. However the work culture outside of my store was really motivating and had good incentives for performance.
I worked at Foot Locker on/off for a year. Barely got hours as a casual and got tossed to the side when I had other commitments (online education and second job) but good discounts on shoes and you get to see the new releases before the general public but have to wait to buy the new shoes like everyone else. Management had a lot of favoritism with certain staff members they preferred to give more hours to.Overall I rate my experience a 3.5/10
Very unprofessional work place ( Werribee Plaza ) Manager would swear in front of Customers. Was accused of Stealing till the found the second in charge manager was stealing. No apology for this matter. I would stay back helping the stores promotion with buying items with my own money to Fix the store and signage without ever being appreciated or when asked to stay back overtime was not paid. I got fired along with other staff when my manager decided to leave that day.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Wheres the Union ?
Workplace culture here is very intimidating. My ex manager intimidated me and bullied me while working there and liaised with higher powers (head office etc), and therefore I could not report his behaviour without risking my job. Be cautious.
Pros
comfortable uniform, get along well with other associates, staff discount
Cons
pyramid management, intense work periods, head office involved in everything
Always busy serving customers and sorting out the products for sale, setting up shelves with shoes and clothes. I learned to serve customers, set up the shop also did a bit of visual merchandising. Great. Taught me a lot. Always clean and tidy, nothing out of place. Climbing the ladders. Serving all the different kinds of customers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Change in management
Being employed as a manager for the Foot Locker, and my first job in Australia, was both exciting and daunting. Typical day started with opening procedures, morning coaching with staff. Check staff roster, and store preparation. E mails from HO, orders in the system and to do new ones. Make contact with regional manager. Everyday was a learning experience, not so much with customers, but the company, and company systems, and organisational promotions. It was vital that all company procedures and promotions were to the `T`. Management were supportive, and especially HR. Plus, there was great communication between store managers. The company offered in house training on all aspects of management and store functions. Hardest part of the job...? Nothing really. As head coach, i delegated as much as possible, and i had a very good crew that i could depend on. I liked the work. I was learning something new everyday, and i had a little scope to try different promotional stuff in store, which gave the staff more incentive, and enjoyment, plus out store turnover was the highest it had ever been in that particular store!
Pros
Management training.
Cons
None.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Foot Locker?
A typical day at work for me was greeting customers and helping them to find the best shoe for them. the things that i learned while at footlocker was how to interact with people while trying to sell them a shoe that they didnt know much about. The footlocker team and management are a good group of people with positive energy all the time so it was fun to be around them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers and having to keep a positive attitude, and the most enjoyable was being around the staff.
Pros
hour lunch break
This company is a great place to work and I have nothing bad to say about it. I would have loved to stay there if I could but unfortunately retail wages don't support Home loans and families. Great for students and people who are still pondering what their career path will be.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Retail wages are never that great.