Forever New Employee Reviews

Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria2 December 2018
There is little to no work life balance working for this company. Each day is long and working 6 days a week isn't uncommon. I have to put in unavailability a month or more ahead of time and that doesn't allow for sudden personal plans to happen. Management is very poor as well, expecting you to drop other pre-planned commitments in order cater to their needs; despite being fully aware of the circumstance. They also hardly train new employees into their routine, then wonder why they don't know certain information.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours, up to 6-7 rostered days, poor management, berating from head office staff
Great job if you do not want to progress.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Queensland3 October 2018
>Extremely fast paced environment.
>Continuously under staffed.
>Little opportunity to progress.
>Have to deal with a very high volume of stock on a daily basis.
>Mediocre training provided.
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
High expectations and terrible training
unprofessional and unreliable company
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales19 June 2018
if You enjoy a large stock load and organising its alot of fun. Great customers depending on the store you work at. Management and staff were completely unreliable and unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
everything
been here two months and cant wait to leave!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 May 2018
what a terrible company to work for! When you are hired you are promised training and career progression, what a joke that was. I am heavily dissapointed. The work life balance is not there at all, and the work load is heavy. Management does not understand we are not hired as sales assistants or visual merchandisers but expects you to do so.
Pros
staff discount, nice product
Cons
salary, work life balance, management
Worst workplace ive ever been in!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 May 2018
- Area/state managers are unfortunately not looking after staff, and care only about money making. Need to learn to listen to their employees, and also how to talk back!

- Undermining customer service team, im all for placing our customers priorities first and foremost, but what happens to sticking to our policies and procedures.

- Low salary, little to no room for advancement.

- Very task orientated, unfortunately this takes away from customer and selling

-negative work environment
Pros
staff discount, nice prodct
Cons
higher management, no room for advancment, walked all over, low salary
Good starting point
Junior Garment Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC12 April 2018
Forever New was a good starting point for my career in the fashion industry. However, if you want to work for a company that is open to change and encourages career progression into different departments within the business, I found Forever New could not provide me with this. The culture was very negative at times and did not provide job security for it's employees, especially senior staff and women going/returning from maternity leave. This is something a female dominated business needs to work on.
The positives were, there was some work life balance encouraged within my department and the business offered generous samples sales and discounts to it's employees. The hardest part of my job was not being to transition to a role I was qualified in and wanted to grow within. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing team members I had the pleasure working with and developing strong relationships with.
Pros
Discounts and Sample Sales
Cons
Culture/ Career Progression
Nightmare!
Administration (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC13 March 2018
If you don’t get made redundant than you are driven out unless you want to suck up to management that have their favourites.
Progression and additional perks are promised when you are hired and then you find out all you get is a morning tea and $20 gift voucher.
Store staff are made to think they are paid well however it’s clear you can earn more in most other retail companies.
HR don’t listen to complaints and eventually staff get fed up and leave.
Pros
Number of cafes close by for lunch.
Cons
Management, salary, paid parking.
Fashion fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 January 2018
It was a great experience learning about sales and having amazing discounts. Staff were ok but do speak amongst themselves.
Great quality clothing and a fun atmosphere to work.
Pros
Good pay, awesome discounts
Cons
Not enough career progressions
perfect!
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albury NSW7 November 2017
Great store, with wonderful staff. The discount is amazing with great product and incentives for team members. spacious store and easy to help customers with all queries.
Pros
great pay rate, discount and incentives.
Cons
could use more training but not essential.
Task heavy, no work life balance , no support
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 September 2017
I'm choosing to leave after a while of working for a company that promised change and support and never fulfilled its promises. There is no work life balance and if by chance you have a bad week all your other successes seem to not matter. Over worked and under appreciated.
Pros
Awesome team members
Cons
No head office support, no regional support
Worst workplace ive ever been in!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017

- Low salary, little to no room for advancement.

- Very task orientated, unfortunately this takes away from customer focus.

- Only thing which made me stay was my immediate team, otherwise i would of sought alternative work sooner.
Pros
immediate team, staff discount
Cons
higher management, no room for advancment, walked all over, low salary
Great Job
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 April 2017
I loved working at forever new! I learned more customer service skills and selling skills along with a better team work mindset. My co workers were awesome to work with and the team dynamic was the best. For me, there were no difficult parts of working here. Unfortunately, my contract was not resigned due to reason that were false, which is extremely upsetting! As an american resident in process of getting permanent residency I must say the company makes it difficult to maintain a contract with them, and if anything seems inconvenient or to time consuming they will just let you go and hire an Australian resident to make things easier. Disappointed in higher up management for this reason because they can lose amazing workers in the future. Hopefully one day forever new will come back into my path! Overall, love the brand.
Pros
Easy, fun
Cons
Not enough hours to go around if you need more work
Fun workplace with great team environment
Stock Assistant / Former Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 February 2017
Over 4 years of experience many things were learnt at Forever New.
On a typical day, whether it be busy or quiet, initiative was to be taken upon ones self to find tasks to do and make the work place a better environment to be.

- I learned a lot of communication skills and was placed in many situations whereby I had to problem solve with customers, which proved to be hard but also a great service to my work ethic.
- The management was always very supportive and helped the staff
- I really enjoyed moving up from a sales assistant to stock assistant, changing to full time hours.
- Most importantly I created great friendships which I think kept me there the longest because when you really have an awesome culture, you are more likely to stick around.
forever new
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 December 2016
i really enjoyed my time at forever new on an average day we changed positions hourly to keep it interesting and different. I got to run the pop up store alone, help with change overs and displays.the management team consisted of two girls who were really helpful, welcoming and eager to push you to the next target. it was a well organised and ran store. i had mentioned when starting i was interested on working my way up the retail ladder, so my manager always ran over budgets and best sellers with me which i really appreciated. The overall feel of the store was very pleasant and a fun place to work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
quiet days
Fun at times and learnt allot
Shipping coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 December 2016
A typical day at the office is generally well balanced and friendly.
I learned how to produce supplier claims and coordinate exports.
Management is typically helpful and they keep is up to date about change within the business.
My co-workers are helpful and supportive.
The hardest part of the job is no career advancement.
The enjoyable part of the job is it's never boring.
Pros
Office space, employee service awards, monthly morning teas, Christmas parties
Cons
No room for advancement
Great Learning Experience
FABRIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC1 November 2016
I started as a Fabric Assistant and expanded my role into the Fabric Development Co-ordinator.

It was a very busy role co-ordinating and liaising with hundreds of people internally and externally everyday. Being adaptable to new ways of working, working environments, along with meeting and training new staff members.
Pros
Social Environment
Cons
Long hours of overtime
Great culture
Retail Sales Assistant- Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin DFO27 June 2016
Forever new was a fast passed customer service focused store with a high stock turn over, your days were very much about multi tasking between unpacking/replenishment of stock and offering customers red carpet customer service, there was a great culture within the store but not the best management in terms of hiring and keeping stores staffed properly. The most enjoyable part of my job was the staff i worked with and the environment the hardest was filling in as store manager with out a full team of staff, i learned alot from this experiance and it only grew me as a manager.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Under staffed
Fast paced but a little disorganised
E-Commerce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, AUS7 October 2015
Management structure was disorganised and chaotic which resulted in team being left unsupported in growth and development.
Fun enjoyable working environment
Stock Manager Full Time (Current Employee) –  perth19 July 2015
Working with the Forever New team has been a great experience. The staff are great and very supportive in helping to succeed in your career, and move up within the company. A typical day ranges between tasking, such as sale set up, markdowns, unpacking stock. But most heavily based around customer service, and helping customers find whatever it is they need. Getting to know our customers and build a relationship is one of the best parts of the day. The management are extremely accommodating and flexible with hours.
Pros
Flexible hours and great co-workers
Cons
sometimes feels repetitive
hard-working
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre, VIC21 June 2014
I like this work,it do not use my daytime just working after all staff leave. Also i can find the other job on the day. Though the three month i can take the seriously and quickly to do everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever New. Our community is ready to answer.