Forever New

46: Forever New Employee Reviews

Australia46 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Fun Workplace

I learned a lot for working in this company, amazing manager and team doesn't take you long to warm up when you are new. It's always productive to be working here

Pros

Staff Discount

Cons

Customers can be demanding

Competitive with very little support from management

Long hours, often understaffed, high pressure to complete tasks with little support. No support from management. High expectations of staff. Lack of loyalty to staff members.

positive

i love working here! the people are rlly nice and its a wonderful opportunity to grow. management is eh. depending on the location, its either rlly slow or fast paced

Great place

Loved working here, work culture is great and they value their employees. Breaks are good, and pay was amazing as well. I always had fun styling and our customers loved every bit of the store

I love forever new clothing

beautiful female fashion clothing , always up to date with fashion trends , quality clothing at affordable prices , it was such a colourful time working at Forever New , helpful team , sometimes there was micromanaging happening good discount , area managers were really supportive and listened to team concerns and acted accordingly .

Pros

close to home, stable income if you are full time that is hehehehe, the pay wasn't all that, but hey at least one had a job hahahahahaha, discount was decent

Cons

micro-manager at times

Big changes need to happen.

All staff were completely burnt out with no recognition or respect from upper management. The amount of actions required did not match with their customers first requirement and it was impossible to achieve the goals unless you are in a bigger store with more staff.

Pros

Product, discount

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, high stress, staff turnover

Worst Company I have ever worked for

Very poorly managed business , staff members were treated unfairly by store management and upper management. Worst job I’ve every worked. Stay away from this company!

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Absolutely everything about this company

Great place to work!

Great place to work! Friendly environment, with lots of support from your team. Many ways to be involved with the company, such as social committees. Very high work load, organisation is a must!

Not Recommended

This company is extremely stressful with little to no help from upper management. There are clearly issues higher up and it trickles down to all of the staff. A lot of managers do not know how to do their job and receive very little training regardless of how many times they ask. The work culture is abhorrent and the company knows this and refuses to do anything about it. There is a lot of double handling and a lot of operations to do every day with no coverage. They ask everything of you but will not help you and will take all of your staff coverage away and leave you to try and do everything.

Warm and friendly environment

Forever New is a fantastic company that always has a great atmosphere between employees and between customers. One of my favourite parts of the job is interacting with my customers, we get quite a lot of regulars in our store and its so great knowing them all by name and them knowing me in return. I also love the faith that my managers put into me to run the store and to fulfil managerial tasks on their behalf. Forever New has taught me how to provide excellent customer service to ever customer. The hardest part of my job is managing the large intake of stock as well as ensuring all other tasks have been completed in the day.

productive

great environment great people enjoy working the place, a normal work day. great management. stock was the hard sometimes the customer service was hard

Worked with lovely people and loved the product

Great and easy product to sell, great customers and nice people to work with. Very little team recognition and staff rewards are hard to earn. Little work life balance

A great place for team culture

A great place to work as part of a team and to form great bonds. Your store is where you will find the most comfort and be able to successfully do your job, upper management can be a mixed bag but generally very supportive of your team. I learnt a lot about myself working for this company and would go back if I had the option.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Low wage budgets

Fun workplace for part time job

Overall I enjoyed my time working at Forever New. It is a great workplace for a part time job and they offer great training and incentives. I would recommend applying there.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Over worked and under paid

No communication or job security. One day your working for the company and the next day you’re made redundant or walked out the door. Before this happens, they have already found your replacement but have changed the job title so the company can’t be sued. No opportunity to grow within the company. Staff are in and out like a revolving door.

Very helpful managers and teammates

Eventhough I worked there for just over 2 months, I loved my time there. My managers were extremely helpful and humble, while my teammates never failed to lend me a hand whenever I needed it. 10/10 workplace.

Average

Work culture could be much better. Management don't seem to care. Little room for growth, better training could be provided. Pay was okay, but you worked more than you should get paid.

Great people, poor management and systems

Forever New is a great place to learn. It's an either sink or swim kinda of workplace. If you swim you will learn a-lot. If you sink you will most likely have been bullied by managers or can't cope with the fast paced, double handling and intense work environment. Alot of bullies especially in mid management which are not recognised by higher management.

Pros

Social Committee

Cons

reworking, double handling and too many meetings, also bad management and Buyers think they're designers.

Bad middle management destroy culture and create dysfunctional silos

1- Insecure middle management - they act like they are scared of losing their job and with hold critical information when it can be key to getting things done which is normally business expectation. They do this to get the piece of cake that they saved the day, not giving a chance to newcomers. If newcomers show that they can do better, they are sidelined, low balled and often put into performance reviews. 2- Clueless senior management, senior management generally has no idea of what middle management is doing or what their teams are doing. They spend 90% of their time in meetings, achieving nothing. Lack of leadership and understanding causes lack of direction. They usually scream at middle management or team members which results in people resigning & moving onto other companies. 3- Teams working in dysfunctional silos with no leadership cause issues in day to day and cause unnecessary workplace conflicts, which mind you, management will put back on you as they don't want to take any responsibility or ownership and do their job. 4- Whether its business or project work, there is no think time and management rushing team members which causes issues which is blamed on team members essentially affecting the culture. 5- No scope of growth or succession planning I could go on and on but there is absolutely no point. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Get to learn by doing

Cons

Toxic and low pay

Its retail

The usual retail life. competitive for advancement, low salary and the usual retail complaints. overall a friendly environment and lovely clothes and discount.

Great Fashion Brand

Forever new is a brand that is continually growing and advancing so it's a beneficial company to be a part of as I've been able to see the store and team improve over time. The added incentive of being able to wear the clothing with a staff discount is great and to be a part of the latest fashion trends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever New. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Forever New with