Forever New
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Forever New Employee Reviews

Australia41 reviews
Great and easy product to sell, great customers and nice people to work with. Very little team recognition and staff rewards are hard to earn. Little work life balance
Great place to work! Friendly environment, with lots of support from your team. Many ways to be involved with the company, such as social committees. Very high work load, organisation is a must!
Worked there over the Christmas period and the manager fired me for getting food poisoning as they couldn’t ‘risk it happening again’. The manager was also very sexist towards men, always would hide out the back and identify them as ‘creepy’. They’re all very judgemental as well, would gossip about most if not all customers.
This company is extremely stressful with little to no help from upper management. There are clearly issues higher up and it trickles down to all of the staff.
A lot of managers do not know how to do their job and receive very little training regardless of how many times they ask. The work culture is abhorrent and the company knows this and refuses to do anything about it.

There is a lot of double handling and

a lot of operations to do every day with no coverage. They ask everything of you but will not help you and will take all of your staff coverage away and leave you to try and do everything.
Forever New is a fantastic company that always has a great atmosphere between employees and between customers. One of my favourite parts of the job is interacting with my customers, we get quite a lot of regulars in our store and its so great knowing them all by name and them knowing me in return. I also love the faith that my managers put into me to run the store and to fulfil managerial tasks on their behalf.

Forever New has taught me how to provide excellent customer service to ever customer. The hardest part of my job is managing the large intake of stock as well as ensuring all other tasks have been completed in the day.
great environment great people enjoy working the place, a normal work day. great management. stock was the hard sometimes the customer service was hard
A great place to work as part of a team and to form great bonds. Your store is where you will find the most comfort and be able to successfully do your job, upper management can be a mixed bag but generally very supportive of your team. I learnt a lot about myself working for this company and would go back if I had the option.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Low wage budgets
There are absolutely NO hours at Forever New, even if you work tremendously hard, higher management does not care. They will cut your contracted hours to the minimum without thinking of you as an employee. They’re super strict on their dress code and will look down on you if you don’t wear heels or makeup. Management are pushy and surrounding employees are toxic. There is NO work and social life balance at all, i was rostered on every weekend for the whole time I was employed; I was unable to attend my friends birthdays or see my family. Management get frustrated when you ask for sick or annual leave that you’re legally entitled too and prefer 1 month in advance. They also force you go to work when you’re sick as they’re severely understaffed. The pay is too a minimum; I started searching for a second job because I was financially struggling, yet, my manager implied that I couldn’t. I dreaded working at Forever New!
Pros
‘FIRST’ Training program, super sale gift cards & discount
Cons
Discount at only home store, work and social life balance, culture, pay, hours
Overall I enjoyed my time working at Forever New. It is a great workplace for a part time job and they offer great training and incentives. I would recommend applying there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No communication or job security. One day your working for the company and the next day you’re made redundant or walked out the door. Before this happens, they have already found your replacement but have changed the job title so the company can’t be sued. No opportunity to grow within the company. Staff are in and out like a revolving door.
Eventhough I worked there for just over 2 months, I loved my time there. My managers were extremely helpful and humble, while my teammates never failed to lend me a hand whenever I needed it. 10/10 workplace.
Work culture could be much better.
Management don't seem to care. Little room for growth, better training could be provided. Pay was okay, but you worked more than you should get paid.
Forever New is a great place to learn. It's an either sink or swim kinda of workplace. If you swim you will learn a-lot. If you sink you will most likely have been bullied by managers or can't cope with the fast paced, double handling and intense work environment.

Alot of bullies especially in mid management which are not recognised by higher management.
Pros
Social Committee
Cons
reworking, double handling and too many meetings, also bad management and Buyers think they're designers.
1- Insecure middle management - they act like they are scared of losing their job and with hold critical information when it can be key to getting things done which is normally business expectation. They do this to get the piece of cake that they saved the day, not giving a chance to newcomers. If newcomers show that they can do better, they are sidelined, low balled and often put into performance reviews. 2- Clueless senior management, senior management generally has no idea of what middle management is doing or what their teams are doing. They spend 90% of their time in meetings, achieving nothing. Lack of leadership and understanding causes lack of direction. They usually scream at middle management or team members which results in people resigning & moving onto other companies. 3- Teams working in dysfunctional silos with no leadership cause issues in day to day and cause unnecessary workplace conflicts, which mind you, management will put back on you as they don't want to take any responsibility or ownership and do their job. 4- Whether its business or project work, there is no think time and management rushing team members which causes issues which is blamed on team members essentially affecting the culture. 5- No scope of growth or succession planning I could go on and on but there is absolutely no point. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Get to learn by doing
Cons
Toxic and low pay
The usual retail life.

competitive for advancement, low salary and the usual retail complaints.

overall a friendly environment and lovely clothes and discount.
Forever new is a brand that is continually growing and advancing so it's a beneficial company to be a part of as I've been able to see the store and team improve over time. The added incentive of being able to wear the clothing with a staff discount is great and to be a part of the latest fashion trends.
Great place to work! i reallt enjoyed working for forever new as it gave me an opportunity to learn more about the fashion and industry and was a wonderful environment to work in.
I absolutely loved working with forever new! I only left due to little hours available for casual workers which was very difficult.

Working with forever new is very fast paced with little training being implemented on new employees before throwing them into the deep end.

Loved the product, but as an employee working at a smaller store, I was never able to receive the discount on items going to the larger stores- which was upsetting. They are very big on standards within the store, so must have a keen eye for detail.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, great management, easy to understand job training
Cons
Not enough hours for casuals, not enough training, very strict on staff discount (not able to use your discount away from your home store)
There is little to no work life balance working for this company. Each day is long and working 6 days a week isn't uncommon. I have to put in unavailability a month or more ahead of time and that doesn't allow for sudden personal plans to happen. Management is very poor as well, expecting you to drop other pre-planned commitments in order cater to their needs; despite being fully aware of the circumstance. They also hardly train new employees into their routine, then wonder why they don't know certain information.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours, up to 6-7 rostered days, poor management, berating from head office staff
>Extremely fast paced environment.
>Continuously under staffed.

>Little opportunity to progress.

>Have to deal with a very high volume of stock on a daily basis.

>Mediocre training provided.
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
High expectations and terrible training
Love working in customer service, managing sales, taking on responsibilities of the company, striving to achieve targets, communicating with customers and staff, and coming to work and enjoying the environment.