Forrester Employee Reviews for Account Manager

Good Company...Terrible Management
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN31 January 2019
A typically day is just like any other working day. Calls with clients, internal calls for advice, meetings, emails, cold calls, prospecting, etc. They job is very hard to learn right away but there are great sales people on the floor to share knowledge and they are willing to...which is a huge plus. I learned a lot about selling intangible products. Everything you sell is based off an idea and story, and you have to sell those to the client well. That's the hard part though, trying to convince people to spend all this money on something they can't see, or predict the value they will receive. They have their subscription, and sometimes, that's all they care about/need.

The office culture is great, in terms of your co-workers. The managers and director in Nashville aren't the best. They know how to get results, which is what matters, but they truly don't care about you. They talk behind their employees backs, gossip, and try and get you to talk about other employees. This part disturbed me. No one should be discussing/making fun of your clothing or how you live your life outside of the office walls. They have created a culture of fear as well. There have been multiple firings of late and it's making everyone worry they are next.
Great place to work!
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA26 January 2019
Typical day is servicing clients and attending internal meetings or arranging time with Analysts. Learned a lot about Vendor relations, the importance of Market Research and the importance of expert advice for businesses to succeed and plan for success ahead.
Pros
great talent, beautiful locations, great managment
Cons
many acronyms to learn
Amazing Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX29 October 2018
I loved working at Forrester for the majority of my tenure. Great people, turn-key processes, perfect balance of technology. Company mission is crystal clear: Making Leaders Successful Every Day.

Management is mostly great, some pockets of old boys club.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lack of growth strategy in the market.
decent place to work
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX7 March 2017
highly educated coworkers, probably the most intelligent coworkers ive had.
decent pay
decent work life balance
demanding work and high standards from management.
Pros
pay co-workers
Cons
work life balance
Good work life balance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA31 July 2014
Very Cambridge-centric, hard to advance when you're remote. Complex portfolio of items to sell, but solid reputation and growing market share in the Marketing & Strategy area.
Forrester Research
Account Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA15 May 2014
Great company to learn about the technology space. Quality leadership and good work/life flexibility.
Love Forrester
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX9 January 2013
I've worked at Forrester Research for almost 5 years, and this is what I can tell you:

Great culture
Great work/life balance
Great value in what we do for businesses
Work never gets boring
Work with brilliant people
Knows how to mold fresh minds into seasoned professionals
All are treated with respect

Bottom line: the best job I've ever had and has changed my quality of life, and afforded many of my dreams to come true. I feel that I am a true contributor, and that I am a value to those I work with both internally and externally.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing