Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 1,542 reviews
A 5 star hotel focused on its guest more than its staff
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 June 2019
Overall a great experience. team members were great and the management could have been better, however, managing hundreds of staff is no easy achievement. Work culture revolves around the idea of treating each person as an individual within the guideline of the hotel mantra, an example of this is being addressed by your name by staff and management from another department. this in my books is the company tiring their best to do the right thing.

The rewards are there for the individual who put in the hard work and are able to have them recognized, an extrovert would do well in this environment.

Finally, in this current economy with companies focusing more on the bottom line and reducing cost where possible, Four Seasons is one of the very last few hotels in Sydney offering free lunch and morning tea for its staff member. That alone has to be commended.
Pros
free lunch, great training, great out of work hour social events
Cons
hard work may go unnoticed due to the large volume of staff member.
Official response from Four Seasons
14 June 2019

Thank you for your review and for your honest feedback as a former Shift Engineer. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.

Productive, hopefully, amazing and advanced work place
Demi Chef (Former Employee) –  Sharm El shikh23 August 2018
By following the Golden Rule, which is to treat others as you would like to be treated, the company puts employees first, including front-line workers, knowing that they would take care of the clientele. The company lived the talk. Employees were given the authority and flexibility to make decisions that took care of the customers.
Pros
Free food and much activities
Cons
Non
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales22 July 2018
- Attending to new visitors settling them in their rooms
- Pointing out exit in case of fire and emergencies and amenities
- Attending to clients needs and requests
- Providing information to visitors sights and things to do in Sydney
- Helping in parking their vehicles
Pros
free lunch everyday
Productive and fun place to work
Washing, ironing and delivery of staff uniforms (Former Employee) –  Laundry1 April 2018
Every was so nice since the manager to my coworker
I really love the experience to be there. The communication was really fluency and nice. You just have to ask and they will help you with everything.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Very busy hotel with great people to work alongside
commissioner (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 January 2018
Depending on the day you could be extremely busy and your day would pass by very quickly or you had many duties to do so always entertaining and great work environment with a lunch room that had always fresh food cooked for staff. Also great incentives with amazing rates across the world at any four seasons because you are staff!
Pros
staff rates, kitchen for staff
Cons
pay rate
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia1 October 2017
Its a very good working place, the manager see to it that every one is treated fair and we worked not as a group but as a family trust and helping one another is the most important virtue that they shared with us and to top it all loyalty is a must.
Pros
lots of freebies
Cons
A fun place to work with exceptional staff
GUEST SERVICE ATTENDANT / COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 June 2017
the work culture and ethic of this company is exceptional and I have learned and evolved a lot. The most enjoyable part is to handle different client requests and trying to make them feel at home
best team best regime
Demi Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Sydney10 June 2017
four seasons hotel is good regime and good employer restaurant

four seasons hotel have good shower-room

four seasons hotel have good laundry service
Fun place
Guest attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 May 2017
Very nice place, good work mates, good salary, sometime managers very rude but you're working for a 5 stars hotel so it makes sense. If you want to make money ad working for a place with a standard go for it
I highly enjoy my work
Customer service Security officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 March 2017
I really enjoy working at Four Seasons Hotel. Everyday is challenging and I learn something new. I learnt at Four Seasons how to work by your self, how to run your shift and make decisions when your manager is not around. The management is really supportive and they always push to have work life balance. The hardest part of the job is night shift. As I was single before and now I have a family so it gets hard to do a night shifts. However it is OK for me to do 2 night shifts in a week. The most enjoyable part is to have different situations everyday and to meet celebrities and learn something new everyday.
Pros
Supportive management and team
Cons
Night shifts
A busy Property great management great work place
Shift Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 February 2017
Got a strong and Professional Experience on all types of Jobs on this Property and are always happy to learn more all the time in my field of trade jobs, No dramas there, Cheers.
Pros
Meals provided
Cons
Three Shift Roster
good fun loving team
F & B Attendant/Acting Team leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 September 2016
Events department is always busy and fun!! Its always about team work. From four seasons i have learnt about how to work in teams effectively. All the staff is very friendly and enjoys each others company.
bonne experiance
Agent d'accueil (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 August 2016
la vie dans un Hôtel est baser sur 24/7, donc si vous recherchez l'équilibre de travail-vie, cela peut ne pas être le travail pour vous. Le rythme de travail, vous aide à devenir incroyablement flexible, et ma partie préférée du travail a été de travaillé avec mes collègues qui sont tous merveilleux
Pros
déjeuners gratuits, assurance santé
Cons
Très courtes pauses, les horaires compliquer
Poor management
Bell and Garage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW16 November 2015
Management was unreliable, also having poor work ethics. Overall workplace was fun, due to the surrounding colleges. Alot of altercations need to be made in terms of management and due diligence to staff.
I have experienced in retails and hospitality. I am very fun loving, friendly persons, keen to learn new skills with great passion.
Room Attendant /Turn down attendant (Current Employee) –  Four seasons Sydney30 October 2015
I have worked in retail and Hospitality so, I want to learn something new. I have learned many things how to interact customer and guest (in hotel), I developed my communication skills and confidence.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches, gift voucher, movie tickets, friendly environment.
Cons
same schedule same work everyday....
Job Freedom
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Warnbro Western Australia24 June 2015
Home every night and running your own business, this does give a lot of freedom in decision making.
Take out the daily business stresses and you get to meet a lot of great people on a personal level. I have the pleasure working with some great people from my past 20 years and have been proud to have met every one of them.
Pros
Business freedom, home every night
Cons
Stress, complaints, staff woes
Duties of work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 June 2015
Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and a list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
Fun and interesting persistent developer
Senior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Damascus8 June 2015
Great company interested in developing and training staff
One of the best companies in the world
It believes in its employees through the golden rule
treat other as you like to be treat it
Fun environment completely friendly full of opportunities to grow up
Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia11 August 2014
I learned hot to work under pressure, and how to earn managers trust, I had the opportunity to get involved in a cross training program to become a food and beverage supervisor, developing skills and showing leadership.
Pros
opportunities to prove yourself in a under pressure environment and high chances to step up
Cons
work never stops
Proactive in the sense of contacting laundry staff aware that there a large function and sort on F&B linen for housekeeping.
Linen Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  NSW Syndey5 February 2013
A typical day at work.I work from 7:30am until 4:00pm as a linen room attendant at FSHotel and also working in different section in housekeeping dept.work as a GS Attendant,Public area attendant job include status checked of the room,picked up lost property guest items.Takes responsibility for completing my work done.Often I seen in the linen room creating additional rags for the room attendant.Assisting and controlling the release of any new stock.Maintaining of preparation the daily requisition in every department telling them the needs and expectation when order with them and negotiating about the best amount of room linen and Fand B linen.About my manager I have good relationship with them.and my co-wokers as well.Iam always fair with others and treat the other with respect and listen what have to say. The hardest part of my job is sorting the bag of discard in the trolley.The most enjoyable part of my job quarterly stocktake of Room linen and F and B linen in ensuring that all linen is counted for prior to the due date.
Pros
free launches 30minute onyl