Foxtel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foxtel Employee Reviews

Australia56 reviews
Sounded awesome in it's heydey, unfortunately i missed that - but some great people
A lot of former employees really go to town on Foxtel, my experience is that it was like any other large corporate struggling to pivot in an industry that was already being disrupted - the old guard hanging on to the glory days and not wanting to change, a healthy dose of paranoia amongst staff and a lack of direction from management. Whilst no one would begrudge them for enjoying the monopoly they once had; a lack of foresight and the arrogance that comes with being at the top led the company to abandon any attempt at customer retention and positive word of mouth, focusing on their burgeoning sales instead. It was 'our way or the highway' - now a stark lesson in what not to do should you wish to weather the storms of technological advancement.

The above being said, there were some really talented people at Foxtel, within all departments, and overall i enjoyed my time there. The staff benefits are good and the general atmosphere in the office was one of collaboration. Unfortunately, what people often 'collaborated' on was chasing their tails after any kind of structure or insight driven strategy - but we were at least striving towards it together. Admittedly the issue was partly due to my department being at the mercy of the aforementioned 'old guard' - who, despite having a laudable amount of knowledge and experience about content and the way the industry worked, were overly focused on linear advertising dollars and patting themselves on the back over outdated 'glory' metrics.

It is frustrating, because Aussies are loyal to their own and Foxtel has a real opportunity
 - more...
okay
amazing one but i would like to work somewhere with good income and stable opportunity.
hard place to survive not much career growth.

loveto work somewhere else.
Great people. Lacklustre management
Fixated on subscriptions with little or no understanding of the world in which they operate, underscored by poor management and a lack of creative vision.
Good team but bad company
The team where i worked was good but its nothing to do with company
They cant even afford decent salary - Only the higher management are the lucky ones.

Job stability is poor as Foxtel is going sinking every passing day!
Productive & fun with a swimming pool & tennis courts
the most enjoyable part of the job is the work culture and the team spirit, a typical day at work is having to coordinate jobs across the team & Developing key stakeholder relationships and responding to any queries as required
Supporting delivery of executive projects and initiatives - including managing priorities and making adjustments to project plans.

Completing own projects and confidential assignments as required

Diary and expense management including adjusting invitations and timings around meetings

Coordinating travel for the team
Great people; challenging work; business is reorganising
You'll work with some of the most talented people in the media sector.

You can become involved in challenging, innovative and exciting work.

If you can hook your way into/onto some of the higher profile works/projects you'll be able to progress your career and raise your profile.

Re-organisations are occurring given the necessary shifts and redirections that the business are making.
Culture is suffering
Well they say the fish rots from the head and they are not wrong here. What was once an amazing place to work has turned sour. I used to say even the bad days at Foxtel were still pretty good. Now I couldn’t even tell you the last time we had a good day. The toxic culture has resulted in stress related burnout for countless employees. It is an unhealthy place to be
Fun place to work!
Working at Foxtel for 5 years was a Productive and fun experience with excellent Team Leaders and Managers and the company was committed to developing agents, Flexible and easy working environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Foxtel?
Bad Management rolling redundancies
A horrible culture, everyone on edge. Ongoing redundancies, on a weekly basis. Long hours sometimes. Most couldn't wait for the day to end. CEO was more excited about his 80inch TV at his country getaway than the collapsing of the company. Competition Streaming services has Foxtel running scared, but no direction.
No secure future
alot of changes, team leaders n supervisor picked their favourite people to work without experience sometimes it feels like they racist but I worked with different sections witch interesting for me because I work n learn different experience,

Relationship with co workers is excellent but sometimes lack of communication that course problems but the end of the day everyone became friend again n went home happily n fine
Good history, but stopped listening to staff when it mattered
Had a great culture with previous management, there was lots of opportunity to make a difference, but that was lost when senior management changed and they stopped listening to staff on the ground. Direction and objectives changed, and the customer experience was starting to suffer.
Fun at first
Great experience starting out my career was dampened by year after year of constant large-scale redundancies all the while management still receiving growing bonuses.
that was my best job i ever did
when I got that job I was so happy I did a lot for that job I wash I can get that job back I lost that job because the person I was working with lied on me
Pros
no it wasn't
Cons
30mins wish was good
Foxtel Review
A typical day at Foxtel would be sitting and laughing with good friends, chasing managers or support people for help with difficult calls or escalations, making your second or third coffee for the day with free ground coffee, milk and toast available in the morning at the kitchen, enjoying 15 minute breaks catching up with work friends in the smokers area and then running off to Robina Town Centre food court for lunch. You felt a sense of pride chatting about your favourite TV Shows and Movies with like minded customers and co-workers.

I learnt to be resilient above all and not hold any grudges when upper management came and changed everything which lowered our salary expectations and to not be heart broken every time redundancies happened. As much as I loved my managers, over time stress made them unapproachable. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to my friends because recruitment certainly was the best thing Foxtel ever did, brought the best people together who easily became best of friends for life.

I'll forever miss the people more than anything.
Pros
Great work culture, comfortable working environment, opportunities to meet celebrities, work parties were always fun, full of good food and drinks, opportunities to do foxtel events all over the country with paid accomodation and flights, good commission when you worked hard enough.
Cons
Unachieveable targets, constant favouritism amongst upper management, interrogations everytime you called in sick and lost commission over human errors.
Motivating and fun
As in line with an entertainment company Foxtel rewards and motivates the achievers and gets rid of the negative, outspoken agents. In a constant state of change, there is no job security because leadership changes so often.
Training and updating staff knowledgebase is a regular and ongoing journey. Processes are too often reactive instead of pro-active, leaving staff to workaround and double-handle to overcome this.

A great atmosphere to work in provided there isn't a restructure. I experienced 3 restructures in 5 years.
Pros
lunches provided for weekend work, lots of give aways, lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
Stressful office politics, kpi heavy, disposable workforce feeling
Middle Management Great, Upper Management Out of Touch
Letting go of more people just leads people to quit which means an unsustainable amount of work for the rest of us. Immediate coworkers were great, upper bosses just had no idea what led people to quit and accentuated the issues.
Pros
Team Days, Coworkers, Alright Hours
Cons
Salary, Job Security
No direction or transparency from Leadership
Has the potential to be a good place to work but due a huge amount of content change and a lack of transparency from the leadership the workplace culture is poor.
Pros
Free Foxtel
Cons
no direction from leadership
Great Christmas Party
Working here you job will change week to week depending on how eel the sales are going. Now a merged company of many former separate companies. Fox Sports, Austar etc.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long Hours
first start good relations and work quantise
Contract work for two years. but work ran out after one year,
First day start all I needed to know was fully explained.

Begin work simple by picking up set top boxes for the digital Migration for Foxtel's change over from analogue to digital conversion. all involved ie management and customers alike were supporting and graces. trouble started when work was starting to lighten.

fewer locations and complex install were given. Example two story houses and hard to access installs. in town houses.
Pros
free Foxtel, good at start money, almost 2thou weekly
Cons
distance for work location between sites.
Review Summary
The Team Leaders were mostly approachable. The customer culture was stressful due to the daily abuse and the Management did not support in this. The training was for 6 weeks with ongoing coaching which was good. The hardest part of the job was the constant influx of Calls and the customer abuse. I learnt a lot about Foxtel and the products.
Pros
Large Cafe and Staff area.
Cons
Late Shifts.
Great place to work. Great staff and job opportunities. Quite flexible and easy working environment. Leadership was receptive to recommendations and new ideas.