Foxtel Employee Reviews

that was my best job i ever did
CABLE INSULATOR (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 April 2019
when I got that job I was so happy I did a lot for that job I wash I can get that job back I lost that job because the person I was working with lied on me
Pros
no it wasn't
Cons
30mins wish was good
Foxtel Review
Full Time Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD24 March 2019
A typical day at Foxtel would be sitting and laughing with good friends, chasing managers or support people for help with difficult calls or escalations, making your second or third coffee for the day with free ground coffee, milk and toast available in the morning at the kitchen, enjoying 15 minute breaks catching up with work friends in the smokers area and then running off to Robina Town Centre food court for lunch. You felt a sense of pride chatting about your favourite TV Shows and Movies with like minded customers and co-workers.

I learnt to be resilient above all and not hold any grudges when upper management came and changed everything which lowered our salary expectations and to not be heart broken every time redundancies happened. As much as I loved my managers, over time stress made them unapproachable. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to my friends because recruitment certainly was the best thing Foxtel ever did, brought the best people together who easily became best of friends for life.

I'll forever miss the people more than anything.
Pros
Great work culture, comfortable working environment, opportunities to meet celebrities, work parties were always fun, full of good food and drinks, opportunities to do foxtel events all over the country with paid accomodation and flights, good commission when you worked hard enough.
Cons
Unachieveable targets, constant favouritism amongst upper management, interrogations everytime you called in sick and lost commission over human errors.
Motivating and fun
Sales Completions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD10 February 2019
As in line with an entertainment company Foxtel rewards and motivates the achievers and gets rid of the negative, outspoken agents. In a constant state of change, there is no job security because leadership changes so often.
Training and updating staff knowledgebase is a regular and ongoing journey. Processes are too often reactive instead of pro-active, leaving staff to workaround and double-handle to overcome this.
A great atmosphere to work in provided there isn't a restructure. I experienced 3 restructures in 5 years.
Pros
lunches provided for weekend work, lots of give aways, lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
Stressful office politics, kpi heavy, disposable workforce feeling
Middle Management Great, Upper Management Out of Touch
On-Air Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney4 February 2019
Letting go of more people just leads people to quit which means an unsustainable amount of work for the rest of us. Immediate coworkers were great, upper bosses just had no idea what led people to quit and accentuated the issues.
Pros
Team Days, Coworkers, Alright Hours
Cons
Salary, Job Security
No direction or transparency from Leadership
Business Continuity Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 December 2018
Has the potential to be a good place to work but due a huge amount of content change and a lack of transparency from the leadership the workplace culture is poor.
Pros
Free Foxtel
Cons
no direction from leadership
Great Christmas Party
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2018
Working here you job will change week to week depending on how eel the sales are going. Now a merged company of many former separate companies. Fox Sports, Austar etc.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long Hours
first start good relations and work quantise
installation or migration of anlog to digital. (Former Employee) –  all over CBD and surrounding suburbs in Sydney6 September 2018
Contract work for two years. but work ran out after one year,
First day start all I needed to know was fully explained.
Begin work simple by picking up set top boxes for the digital Migration for Foxtel's change over from analogue to digital conversion. all involved ie management and customers alike were supporting and graces. trouble started when work was starting to lighten.
fewer locations and complex install were given. Example two story houses and hard to access installs. in town houses.
Pros
free Foxtel, good at start money, almost 2thou weekly
Cons
distance for work location between sites.
Review Summary
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD30 July 2018
The Team Leaders were mostly approachable. The customer culture was stressful due to the daily abuse and the Management did not support in this. The training was for 6 weeks with ongoing coaching which was good. The hardest part of the job was the constant influx of Calls and the customer abuse. I learnt a lot about Foxtel and the products.
Pros
Large Cafe and Staff area.
Cons
Late Shifts.
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 July 2018
Great place to work. Great staff and job opportunities. Quite flexible and easy working environment. Leadership was receptive to recommendations and new ideas.
Great company
Architecture (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 July 2018
Excellent company to work for. I really enjoyed working at foxtel because it has such a nice friendly culture and very motivated people who truly understand media and entertainment industry.
Pros
good environment
Cons
very busy
Customer Service/Telesales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC8 February 2018
Very rude and nasty management. Make 1 little mistake and they will take you to the 'grilling" room to be interrogated. They like to make you feel small.
The wages were decent though and you get paid for the two weeks of poor training.
Pros
Paid training and free foxtel.
Cons
Cruel management. You also need to kiss behinds to get anywhere.
Fun Workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW9 January 2018
Retail closed down I was made redundant after 10 years . I enjoyed my position I had great staff plenty of work incentives and training . Plenty of events and provided courses .
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No advancement in Newcastle
Great Money, Great Place to Work
Temp/Contract (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD16 October 2017
Its a great place to work, good money and good environment.
Training is very good, kitchens on every floor for room to store your lunch. Free Breakfast every morning!!!!
Pros
Great Money, Good Place To Work, Friendly Environment, Free Foxtel
Cons
Always Busy, Abusive Customers
Great Company
Team Leader - Retention (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD14 September 2017
Amazing people and strong focus on people engagement. Room for development and great courses to get you there. Encouraging leaders and strong leadership teams.
Great pace with plenty of support
Entertainment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 September 2017
Great place to work only finishing as Retail at Foxtel is closing due to cost pressures. Fun place to work with lots of support. Duties involved signing of people to pay TV and internet services, resolving issues that some customers have from time to time.Working as part of a team meant someone was always able to help if you were unsure of anything were never left without support.
Pros
Uniforms incentives ie: bonus and commission
Cons
non
great workplace
Sales Consultant (PART TIME) on behalf (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 September 2017
good environment to work in as well as working with a great team and have good conversations with customers whilst providing top notch customer service.
Pros
group activities
Cons
productivity in retail
Great, fun place to work.
Payments & Refunds Officer (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds, VIC, Australia8 August 2017
once again a fast paced environment, processing payments, getting in contact with banks and customers and etc.
I learnt how long payments depending on the payment type took to come through, the cost the customer would be charged by their bank. (different banks had different charges)
High morale, rewards for hard work.
There were no hards parts to the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting recognised and rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
Channel promotions, fun activities where you could win really good things.
Cons
no cons.
Fun & Enjoyable
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 August 2017
Never a dull moment at Foxtel, great support and workplace culture is amazing. A very fun place to work with many departments to move around in and advance career.
Pros
Free Foxtel, lots of perks, great commission, lots of support
Nice modern office, Moonee Ponds Location
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC15 July 2017
Hours can be sometimes tough to battle work/life balance as the restoring is not consistent.
Sometimes hard to organize holidays and time off from work because it needs to be approved from resourcing and alot of the time is not approved or requires department manager approval.
Good training on the job. Good Support on the floor when needed.
Can be a bit Hierarchical, people who get along with TLs appear to promote quickly.
Alot of systems to use and memorize, but you have an onscreen step by step guide to assist you on call.
Good Perks, free foxtel, discounted internet at home.
Foxtel boxes setup on desks to use while on calls.
Free Wifi at work.
Expect to take about 25-35+ calls a day Internet & TV related.
Pros
Free foxtel, TV's everywhere while you work.
Cons
Limited parking in carpark.
People are great
Learning & Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD14 June 2017
Job was ok not a lot of security lots of reduncies currently so work security was not great. Heads of were a little difficult. The job was exciting as it gave me the opportunity to travel on shore and off shore
Pros
Free Foxtel
Cons
hard to progress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foxtel. Our community is ready to answer.