Frankston City Council Employee Reviews

A Happy and rewarding workplace
Family Day Care Educator (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC17 February 2018
A happy and rewarding place to work, offering plenty of opportunities to upgrade skills. The managers where totally supportive never failing to respond to problems.
Good place to work at with good people
Fleet Mechanic (Sub-contracted) (Former Employee) –  Seaford VIC19 September 2017
Good place to work at with good people. Lots of experience to be gained and earned and they are happy enough to help fill in the blanks. Work hours are good.
Just an OK Employer
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC29 June 2017
I must commend Frankston City Council on their commitment to ongoing training and development, however, it must be noted the culture and management style is abysmal.
Pros
Continuous training, development and helping the community at large
Cons
Poor management style, communication and workplace culture
Serious underlying issues
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC26 March 2017
Sub culture in many teams is great however huge staff culls and poor executive management have seen morale plummet to the worst I've seen in my professional career.

Job security is poor and the low wages do not attract any new staff of calibre.

Currently operating as a 'penny rich pound poor' organisation, poor decision-making is costing ratepayers dearly in loss of efficiencies and wastage in other areas. Staff are under resourced and under enormous pressure, are set up to fail and made to feel like there is a witch hunt after them at every given moment.
Pros
Staff at ground level, location, beach
Cons
Executive management
Enjoyable
Community Development Trainee (Former Employee) –  Frankston, VIC3 February 2015
Frankston City Council, at least the part where I worked as a trainee, is a place full of happy, easy-going people that work hard and get the job done.

A typical day at work included-

Piecing together the upcoming e-newsletter
Drinking tea until it poured from my ears
Once a week/ fortnight staff meetings
Proof-reading documents
Taking notes during events & typing up those notes at a later time

At the Council I learned patience, time-management and organisational skills that I try to maintain.

The co-workers, in the department I was based in, were full of life, happy to have a laugh and a good chat. Very easygoing and friendly, they really did make you feel welcome.

The hardest part of the job was definitely the long typing up after an event as there would be several A3 sheets filled with writing that was barely readable to type up.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the friendly, welcoming feel and going out to work with the community.
Pros
Good hours, good work, healthy working environment, tea breaks
Cons
The only negative thing I can think of is while I was there the building was under renovation
productive work place
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Frankston City Coumcil2 April 2014
We began our days with our first client that we had on the roster.
I have learnt good customer skill, first aid, OH&S training.
Co-workers were united every six weeks to review issues, meetings were scheduled by our team leaders and relevant information was given to us.
The hardest part of the job was the passing of our clients, (death).
The most enjoyable was being rewarded for achieving client satisfaction and being a productive member to our senior citizens.
Work Experiance
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seaford, VIC25 February 2014
I could not have chosen a better/more accepting work place to have done placement at. Love this line of work and is what I want to pursue
Pros
Lovely helping environment
Cons
Only being able to work for 1 week