Frankston City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Frankston City Council Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
Job role is great, interactive and rewarding with great training, the internal relationships aren't as enlightening. Lack of support and acknowledgement to staff.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding job
Cons
Lack of Support
Frankston City Council was surprisingly friendly as an intern, my favourite part of the day was working with the Animal Management Unit; as well as debriefing with a qualified lawyer about the day.
I thoroughly enjoyed working and learning from the solicitor I was working under at the time.

I genuinely would not have been opposed to working there full/part-time.
escorting people for shopping, cleaning their house. the management is very organised in terms of allocating shifts and looking out for both clients and workers.
As the summery says
your work your work ethic all the xtra work you do to put in to make a diffrence to the outcome of each day make absolutly no diffrence when they want you gone and out the door

They will then use management gobbeldeegook to explain why your beig shaffted and given the boot
Very adaptive and good place to work, got to apply my skills there and learn as I went. They’re very patient and are willing to help me learn as well as develop more skills throughout.
Loved working here, was sad to leave there due to moving interstate. Great Manager and great communication throughout the Organisation, great people to work with and a fabulous Social Club.
Working at a local Community Centre is Fun and rewarding especially seeing the community spirit.
Interacting with the local community as they come and go from programs gives a better understanding of the community we work in.
A happy and rewarding place to work, offering plenty of opportunities to upgrade skills. The managers where totally supportive never failing to respond to problems.
Good place to work at with good people. Lots of experience to be gained and earned and they are happy enough to help fill in the blanks. Work hours are good.
I must commend Frankston City Council on their commitment to ongoing training and development, however, it must be noted the culture and management style is abysmal.
Pros
Continuous training, development and helping the community at large
Cons
Poor management style, communication and workplace culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Frankston City Council?
Sub culture in many teams is great however huge staff culls and poor executive management have seen morale plummet to the worst I've seen in my professional career.

Job security is poor and the low wages do not attract any new staff of calibre.

Currently operating as a 'penny rich pound poor' organisation, poor decision-making is costing ratepayers dearly in loss of efficiencies and wastage in other areas. Staff are under resourced and under enormous pressure, are set up to fail and made to feel like there is a witch hunt after them at every given moment.
Pros
Staff at ground level, location, beach
Cons
Executive management
Frankston City Council, at least the part where I worked as a trainee, is a place full of happy, easy-going people that work hard and get the job done.

A typical day at work included-

Piecing together the upcoming e-newsletter

Drinking tea until it poured from my ears

Once a week/ fortnight staff meetings

Proof-reading documents

Taking notes during events & typing up those notes at a later time

At the Council I learned patience, time-management and organisational skills that I try to maintain.

The co-workers, in the department I was based in, were full of life, happy to have a laugh and a good chat. Very easygoing and friendly, they really did make you feel welcome.

The hardest part of the job was definitely the long typing up after an event as there would be several A3 sheets filled with writing that was barely readable to type up.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the friendly, welcoming feel and going out to work with the community.
Pros
Good hours, good work, healthy working environment, tea breaks
Cons
The only negative thing I can think of is while I was there the building was under renovation
We began our days with our first client that we had on the roster.
I have learnt good customer skill, first aid, OH&S training.

Co-workers were united every six weeks to review issues, meetings were scheduled by our team leaders and relevant information was given to us.

The hardest part of the job was the passing of our clients, (death).

The most enjoyable was being rewarded for achieving client satisfaction and being a productive member to our senior citizens.
I could not have chosen a better/more accepting work place to have done placement at. Love this line of work and is what I want to pursue
Pros
Lovely helping environment
Cons
Only being able to work for 1 week