Frankston City Council

18: Frankston City Council Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Great team. Poor organization

Needs leadership reviews and culture adjustment. A lot of people not pulling their weight and or not committed. It’s who you know not what you know. Shame as it has alot of potential.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor culture

Friendly, supportive environment at all times.

Typical day is on the road caring for my ( in home) clients needs.I have learnt a lot about people within the Frankston and surrounding community, how they live and grow, this has been very enjoyable for me and rewarding.I thoroughly love my job and would not change it at all.Management is great and everyone that I have had to deal with has been helpful and friendly at all times.

Pros

working in the field, meeting and helping awesome people within our great community

Cons

nil

A great place to work.

Every day for me was a good day, I went to work did what I had to,help where I could, got a lot of support from management as well asteam mates, there was at times you get stuckbut there is always someone around too help.Best part of the day is when you know you have done the best that you can at the end of the day.

Pros

Free breakfast once a month & just sit back & relax with team mates have a good natter.

Cons

Just to hot.

Productive and Friendly

Frankston City Council was surprisingly friendly as an intern, my favourite part of the day was working with the Animal Management Unit; as well as debriefing with a qualified lawyer about the day. I thoroughly enjoyed working and learning from the solicitor I was working under at the time. I genuinely would not have been opposed to working there full/part-time.

productive

escorting people for shopping, cleaning their house. the management is very organised in terms of allocating shifts and looking out for both clients and workers.

Interactive job

Job role is great, interactive and rewarding with great training, the internal relationships aren't as enlightening. Lack of support and acknowledgement to staff.

Pros

Challenging and rewarding job

Cons

Lack of Support

110% input for nothing

As the summery says your work your work ethic all the xtra work you do to put in to make a diffrence to the outcome of each day make absolutly no diffrence when they want you gone and out the door They will then use management gobbeldeegook to explain why your beig shaffted and given the boot

Good place

Very adaptive and good place to work, got to apply my skills there and learn as I went. They’re very patient and are willing to help me learn as well as develop more skills throughout.

Great people to work with

Loved working here, was sad to leave there due to moving interstate. Great Manager and great communication throughout the Organisation, great people to work with and a fabulous Social Club.

Ok Place to work

Working at a local Community Centre is Fun and rewarding especially seeing the community spirit. Interacting with the local community as they come and go from programs gives a better understanding of the community we work in.

Having a good relationship with patients

Night shift start at 10pm finish at 7am l was in charge of 36 patient low care patients, worked alone but had security came around twice at night, l also had a direct line to security. I would give out night medication in a wepstar pack for several patients. We had all cultures of patients and there was discrimination from staff or patients. The hardest part of the job is working by yourself and not having a staff member to converse with. The most enjoyable part was when patients we unwell and had to be hospitalised and seeing them come back well again.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Demanding patients when you are trying to attend to other patients

A Happy and rewarding workplace

A happy and rewarding place to work, offering plenty of opportunities to upgrade skills. The managers where totally supportive never failing to respond to problems.

Good place to work at with good people

Good place to work at with good people. Lots of experience to be gained and earned and they are happy enough to help fill in the blanks. Work hours are good.

Just an OK Employer

I must commend Frankston City Council on their commitment to ongoing training and development, however, it must be noted the culture and management style is abysmal.

Pros

Continuous training, development and helping the community at large

Cons

Poor management style, communication and workplace culture

Serious underlying issues

Sub culture in many teams is great however huge staff culls and poor executive management have seen morale plummet to the worst I've seen in my professional career. Job security is poor and the low wages do not attract any new staff of calibre. Currently operating as a 'penny rich pound poor' organisation, poor decision-making is costing ratepayers dearly in loss of efficiencies and wastage in other areas. Staff are under resourced and under enormous pressure, are set up to fail and made to feel like there is a witch hunt after them at every given moment.

Pros

Staff at ground level, location, beach

Cons

Executive management

Enjoyable

Frankston City Council, at least the part where I worked as a trainee, is a place full of happy, easy-going people that work hard and get the job done. A typical day at work included- Piecing together the upcoming e-newsletter Drinking tea until it poured from my ears Once a week/ fortnight staff meetings Proof-reading documents Taking notes during events & typing up those notes at a later time At the Council I learned patience, time-management and organisational skills that I try to maintain. The co-workers, in the department I was based in, were full of life, happy to have a laugh and a good chat. Very easygoing and friendly, they really did make you feel welcome. The hardest part of the job was definitely the long typing up after an event as there would be several A3 sheets filled with writing that was barely readable to type up. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the friendly, welcoming feel and going out to work with the community.

Pros

Good hours, good work, healthy working environment, tea breaks

Cons

The only negative thing I can think of is while I was there the building was under renovation

productive work place

We began our days with our first client that we had on the roster. I have learnt good customer skill, first aid, OH&S training. Co-workers were united every six weeks to review issues, meetings were scheduled by our team leaders and relevant information was given to us. The hardest part of the job was the passing of our clients, (death). The most enjoyable was being rewarded for achieving client satisfaction and being a productive member to our senior citizens.

Work Experiance

I could not have chosen a better/more accepting work place to have done placement at. Love this line of work and is what I want to pursue

Pros

Lovely helping environment

Cons

Only being able to work for 1 week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frankston City Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Frankston City Council with