Freedom Furniture Employee Reviews

Management turn on you just when you need more time to adjust
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marion SA21 June 2019
Thought working for Freedom was great when I started.Supportive team members and some good training.Fast forward 4 months, unhelpful absent
and nagging managers not on the floor to help you. Resulted in unhappy customers and some mistakes made on my part and even less help( as i have a few health conditions) they new about. Very disappointed and not working there now.
Pros
Lovely team of sales girls and storemen.
Cons
Soul destroying notes left on my locker.Never seen that before.
Underpaid Job and Unfriendly Warehouse Staff
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW5 March 2018
The Auburn Store expects you to run the warehouse for $20.80 Per Hour. Read role and responsibilities clearly before considering this role as they will use you to work very hard for a very low pay. Some but not all individuals at the Auburn store are incredibly difficult to work with. This job is ok for someone who desperately needs money and is willing to cop blame and hard work for it. From reliable sources this role in this particular store (Auburn) has a very high turnover of staff in the warehouse / online fulfillment role. So Be Careful.

The role is advertised a Warehouse assistant / online fulfillment role but they expect you to run the warehouse on an Assistant's wages. This role in Auburn goes through more staff than i have ever heard of, infact this really should be reported to fair work its an absolute joke.
Pros
The Back Door is always open
Cons
Nightmare Role
Productive and Fun Workplace
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 February 2018
Putting Furniture Away .
Loading Furniture On Truck.
Preparing Furniture For Deliveries.
Good Management.
Good workplace Environment.
Enjoyable Part Was working with Others.
Pros
Good People to work with.
Cons
No Take Away Shops.
Great place for Student Work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Australia5 February 2018
I did work placement/ work experience with freedom furniture, provided a great experience in the retail work place. I was able to use my creative side with the visual merchandising area. Even though at the time i wasn't an official employee i was made to feel included and a part of the team.
people
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT4 June 2017
people are good to work for Understand the company work,learning was a sore point,too many chief,not enough Indian.lack of customer services,no smiles
Pros
lunches
Cons
miss out lunch
started to work for them as store man
Driver and Storeman (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 May 2017
didn't really like position as store man at that stage of life wanted to try thing out to see what i liked doing and stayed for a while but left cause wanted more
overall enjoyed working at freedom.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA24 April 2017
enjoyed being employed by freedom, great teamwork, and great people to work with. management was helpful and friendly. the most enjoyable part of my job was how as a team we succeeded store targets.
Fantastic store with great products.
Learning and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth Australia20 March 2017
This is s lovely furniture store and it has everything you need to decorate your home. Thrrr is a designer service available also if you would like a custom look put together.
A very fun working environment.Greatest experience
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 March 2017
I originally started out at this job as a temporary worker. I really enjoyed everyone that I worked with. I was hardworking and commended for my hard work. This really makes a person feel confident and to keep accomplishing their goals. The coworkers treated me like not only a worker, but also as an individual. Although my time there was short, it was one of my greatest experiences.
Pros
Great people, great pay, great hours
Warehouse
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD17 May 2016
Fantastic place to work and enjoyed the staff and management teams. always provided a safe and challenging environment to succeed. loved my time there and would love the chance to join the team again
Pros
Cons
weekend work
Job Description
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW2 May 2016
Typically worked 9am - 5pm.
Learned about customer service, cash handling, overall confidence, customer satisfaction and resolutions.
great fun place to work very helpful staff
Temporary Holiday relief storeman (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD25 April 2016
the job itself was quite slow and monotonous though staff always helped eachother with jobs to do and helped when it got busy
Amazing inspiring business
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 March 2016
Freedom culture is well kept and initiated on a daily basis. The Brand is affordable and always current. A strong focus on a great team to help achieve sales budgets and team coheshion.
positive team
Warehouse Manager (part time) (Current Employee) –  Nunawading, VIC11 July 2015
great people to work with,
gained knowledge in warehouse logistics
hardest part of the job is slow days, it can get very boring and quite cold.
Pros
positive team
Cons
roster management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney6 June 2015
In mastering everyday challenges surrounding staff issues and customer issues I have learnt how to over come extremely stress full situations while leading my team/store to success.

I believe that success can only come through hard work.
Pros
Self worth, Leadership skills, Business skills.
Cons
Long hours on my feet without breaks.
fun workplace great team of people
Team Leader/Supervisor for team of 12 employees (Current Employee) –  marayong20 February 2015
it is a great place to work family environment I learned how to manage my time so the daily tasks were completed everybody in the warehouse was easy to get to know and that's why I have been there for the past 10 years
High performance company.
ADMINISTRATION / CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hobart, TAS6 September 2014
Really enjoyed working with most staff and managers. Really proud to be involved in company activities.
busy challenging and stimulating
storeman (Former Employee) –  Manly, N12 June 2014
Days would begin with unloading of furniture trucks from different companies, couches, beds, tables, etc. Everything would be checked against shipping documents, also for defects, colours, etc. stock would be placed in their allotted spots. customers would be served as most customers would pick up their own items, eg flat pack kits. Orders for delivery would be picked and prepared by about 3pm. The importance of organisation and proper care to the details is the most obvious thing I learned. management was tiered and almost everybody had some management duties, ie on weekends I was the team leader for my shift. In the warehouse we had 4 team members we worked as a team, cohesively for the most part, so much so that I still have friends that were former colleagues. The hardest part of the job were the mornings, with up to 6 trucks unloading one after the other, and all hands on deck just to unload them, and check off, the loading bay area would become overloaded. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the level of fitness I achieved during this time, also most of us would go surfing before and after work.
Pros
fitness, friendship, developing interest in furniture making
Cons
sometimes when things were slow, warehouse would seem a bit small
Fun and friendly place to work
Accounts payable data entry operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW28 January 2014
I enjoyed working for Freedom Furniture, the reason that I left was to move to Qld from Sydney for family reasons.
Pros
Good working environment, challenging
Cons
travel to work
Work Experience
Shop assistant and shop designer (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore, QLD22 October 2013
Only worked here for one week for work experience, but it was a great work space. Every one was friendly and motivated.