Freelancer.com Employee Reviews

responsabilité agréable
mathematics tutor , english to french translator (Former Employee) –  australia28 April 2019
j'ai su savoir un moyen de travaillé autrement en ligne
Pros
liberté sur l'heure
Cons
aucune
Productive and Tasking
Freelancer Programmer (Current Employee) –  New South Wales27 March 2019
It was fun, tasking and productive working at Freelancer.com, the deal with foreign clients and pays were highly valuable.
Salary was so attractive and favoring.
Shonky - Most jobs are duplicates or fakes
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Australia18 February 2019
*Most of the projects advertised are duplicates of other ads (sometimes 5-10 ads).

*The individuals or companies who aren't verified are usually scams. I was contacted for a data entry job and sent a dropbox file containing a doc which asked me to "give remote access to my PC so they could work remotely due to IP differences"

90% of the projects posted are fake or misleading. Freelancer.com does a VERY poor job of verifying those posting projects. Woulden't surprise me if the projects are bot generated, as freelancers only get 20 bids a month until you need to upgrade your "membership"
Pros
Would like to hear from those who actually have successful projects?
Loc de muncă fiabil
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Sydney30 November 2018
Experiența foarte plăcută și corectă în cadrul acestei atforme!
Best for technical users
Android Developer (Current Employee) –  Butwal14 September 2018
Freelancer offers you to do any sort of jobs. You can basically use your skills to do any sort of freelance jobs. You can do the jobs staying at home from your pc.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Hard for beginners
Working with freelancer has been wonderful
Online Freelance platform (Current Employee) –  Australia7 August 2018
The only downside to working in freelancer (common with most
of the freelance platform) is that once you are late to the party, it will be difficult for you to breakthrough.
Nonetheless, they have been fair and I still believe I can still survive in the fierce competition.
Pros
You define your fee
Cons
It's difficult for new freelancers to breakthrough
Innovative, forward thinking!
Affiliate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, New South Wales Australia5 August 2018
From the perspective that of an affiliate, Freelancer is consistently improving its referral program; which currently provides us (LanceBase) with a solid array of tools and features to aid in campaigns. Amazing Experience to be a part of!
Pros
Reliable rewards, cutting-edge technologies, experienced and friendly support team.
Cons
Nothing significant. No cons to mention.
Dream job coming out of uni. Enjoyable and has lots of opportunity.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 May 2018
I love the freedom offered by the company. If you come in and get things done, you will be in a solid place. However, I like going above and beyond cause I want to maximize my potential and Freelancer allows me to do that too. Putting my hand up for the next project, role, and raises. It is a solid workplace.
Pros
Free Friday lunches, video games
Cons
Company needs better direction
Good for Students
Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC6 March 2018
I was in Uni when I registered my freelancer life because I wanted to work and earn some extra experience and money.

I ended up earning some good deal through the website from people I have never met before.

Therefore, I would suggest any other fellow design student to do the same before seeking a job in the industry.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Not very high earnings
freelance work
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  sydney australia16 January 2017
The platform provides lots of work for freelancers. It also gives freelancers many tools to make them successful toward becoming and staying on the freelancing career path.
Pros
freelance work
Cons
very competitive
Hard to work, but pays out
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW20 September 2015
At freelancer.com, the economy is pretty much focused so the payer gets most out of it's product while saving on as much money as he can.

It's fine, but the problem is, they're taking commission for all the jobs, from freelancers and people who hired and in the end, freelancer get's relatively small amount of money from lower paid jobs and you're usually not sure if the job was worth doing.
But still, if you manage to developed working relationship with some employers, it's a nice way to earn some extra money while helping soneone out.
Pros
Once you're set, you start earning
Cons
Hard to find work, despite all the ads, ads are annoying (about subscribing as an advanced member etc.)
it's heaven for all new freelancers
Registered developer (Current Employee) –  Australia8 July 2013
From last couple of months I have been using Freelancer.Com for freelancing. This website is really great place for new freelancers who are seeking for jobs. Also it has low competition among freelancers, so if you are looking for job and you have quality then I’m sure that you will get your project from Freelancer.