French Connection
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

French Connection Employee Reviews

Lovely people! High sales targets and increasingly cheap looking product which is in turn harder to sell! Had to always be wearing full price outfits, even with employee discount my outgoings were really high as they churn full price into sale stuff very regularly with new collections coming out monthly. Working part-time, I was essentially working for cheap clothes I wasn't impressed with.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Irregular hours as a casual and requirement to buy new clothes for work very regularly
The normal day would be to see the review of samples, imported as working to the set standards to the season styles of what what to be produced as focus for sales key focus. Learn so much of the logistics side in making the proper preparation for garments to be at specified location as, warehouse preparation.
The company underpays full time staff frequently and management like to abuse their power. HR is never helpful and the staff turnover is high as the job has minimal career prospects. Management is often not competent and will make employees do their work.
Pros
Team members are pleasant
Cons
Management is incompetent, benefits are low and quality of clothing is poor
Horrible company to work for. No support from management. They are very unprofessional.Pays peanuts, with high expectations, toxic work environment, they use you up
Pros
Working in a concession
Cons
No support
Mon avis ne regarde que mon expérience de 3 ans que j'ai eu face French Connection en Australie, Sydney
The company is broke All state managers will sit in food court for hours and get paid for their expenses doing nothing Broadway store you will have at least 4 people visiting you on daily basis telling you they are your boss, annoy you They force you to buy as the store is not making any money Corrupt managers
Cons
It’s a place you would work at if you have other jobs as well, it’s more of a side job. They don’t have enough hours to give, stores always dead, you’ll be lucky to make a sale in one day.
Pros
Pay was average
Cons
Lack of hours, Management
friendly staff and managers make it a fun place to work ability to work in different locations across the gold coast staff outings held each year great communication between stores
FC was a great company to work for , friendly staff, clean and safe environment to work in. Plenty of support from management and always ready to help you when needed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at French Connection?
Unprofessional Management. Company just shut down a few stores and let a big group of managers go due to business cuts. Management never around. Longer breaks on short shifts to cut budgets.
Pros
Nice clothes
Cons
I feel during my time at French Connection I was able to grow as a salesman, and learnt a lot from management. The training in sales and product knowledge is very thorough allowing you to feel confident when speaking with customers.
was a great start into learning about building customer relationships. was very fast paced which i enjoyed and loved always having something to do. managers where great and all employees had great team working ability. every day was different so kept it interesting
French is a great place to work, surrounded by lots of people, both customers and staff alike. I am generally kept quite busy with customers and that gets through my day. I love meeting new people and I definitely get to do a lot of that in this workplace.
Great rewards for workers. Incorporate both individual and team work. Excellent and professional environment. Great location!
this is a lovely position to work for, as I love working in a fast paced environment as it keeps me really busy with the work
The atmosphere at the Warehouse for French Connection online was always uplifting and I was always encouraged to have a can do attitude and to work at a fast pace. I have worked on and off for this company for 3 and a half years now, as I am mainly required during the summer months and sale periods.
This job gave me the opportunity to learn about Human Resource Laws and Marketing in Australia. The company was generous in terms of compensation and benefits and Australian Labor Laws are strictly followed to ensure quality of life,
A great place to work if you are looking for a long career in retail
loved improving my sales ability and face to customer selling.
Pros
upselling
Cons
I worked in three french connection stores. a typical day in work consisted in customer service being number one priority, customers always came first. ensuring customer satisfaction was achieved with each customer who came through the door..Management was efficient, friendly and delegated all tasks evenly.Co-workers were friendly, helpful and a joy to work withHardest part of the job was ensuring all customers were satisfied with your service and that your product knowledge was sufficient enough for each customers expectations and ensuring that they would return to the store.The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving customer satisfaction.
Pros
good staff discount, friendly staff
Cons
not knowing which shop i will work in.