Fresh Futures
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fresh Futures Employee Reviews

2.0Pay & Benefits

An Overall Bad Internship Experience

1. If you're applying here for an internship, I really suggest you don't unless you can handle everything yourself because you're pretty much on your own. You can ask for help but you can only ask your supervisor who's also the managing director and is very busy most of the time. So, most of the time, they really don't have time for you. 2. if you're continuing what an intern has done previously, you're gonna probably have to start from scratch because, for me, I wasn't even given anything to work with (although I was told that an intern had previously been working on the same thing)3. Expect to not be paid and work with the same amount of workload as the rest of the employees who are actually getting paid. I really felt all my effort was being taken advantage of here as well as the other interns. They will tell you that you might get paid as a 'reward' but only if you achieve beyond what we expected but trust me, you're not going to get it no matter how much effort you put in. (it's understandable though because businesses are struggling now anyway)Nevertheless, I took it as a learning experience in how to handle situations whereas as an intern, you are expected to do too much than required and when there is no one around you to help. I've learned a lot of independence, handling situations under stress (not to blame anyone here but I feel my mental health really deteriorated because, for most of the time, I felt very lost) and leadership. Although supervisors aren't helpful, they are extremely understanding and compassionate when you don't know something. So, I guess -

Pros

flexible working hours, work from home

Cons

no salary, no proper traning/guidance

Toxic Working Culture that Takes Advantage of Interns

1. There is no managers supervising interns. If you are an intern looking to learn something new from superiors it is not advised for you to apply here. 2. The job advertisements are really shady and not everything advertised is true regarding the job scope, benefits and description. 3. It's basically an unpaid internship if you don't add value to the company. Regardless of all the talk on paying an intern based on performance, they still only pay the bare minimum even if you've done a great job. 4. There is a lot of challenges the interns would face with the upper management when performing their tasks. 5. An intern's work contribution is basically redundant at the end as their work is passed from interns to interns who will have no idea how to continue the past work. Thus, the new interns taking over the tasks of the previous interns will basically start from scratch again. 6. Unhealthy working atmosphere. Not great for one's mental health. I highly do not recommend interns doing their industrial training here unless they are desperate for a compulsory placement by their university.

Internship through fresh futures youth program.

Since it was a youth program internship I did not have the same experience as a person working their part time or full time as a true member of the team.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Restricted hours (couldnt go above 20)

Providing technical

Providing technical to employees and internal developers. I also performed day to day administration duties, as well as editing graphics for the application SEEKA.Research for application development which involved collation of data from various universities in different countries and locations , Data Analysis, Graphics editing

Not productive workplace

The employer does not treat interns fairly and treat the interns as their slaves. The employer of this company is an Australian where he does not care about the interns in his company. The company has a really bad atmosphere. The employer likes to condemn every intern even though the interns does a good job.

Cons

No salary, no incentives, long working hours, no benefits given

It is a nice experience

I learn how to answer the phone . It was enjoyable day a work . I got a long with my co-workers. I learned how to make pi-filo . I learn how to do different things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Futures. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3