Frontier Health Employee Reviews

Stressful, but manageable
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN6 August 2017
Great place to work if you are looking for good benefits and a good work experience. It is not a job for everyone depending on where you end up working in the company, but it is a job you take for sure your heart is called to serve others in need.
Caring people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TN29 July 2017
Good place to work starting out in mental health. Learning more about the mental health field. And how to help people. The company has good benefits. The Sinner that I worked at him very friendly staff.
Don't try to be proactive
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VA2 June 2017
I was only there a short time. The first week of corporate training was great then I went to my full time position and training became very sporadic. The other case managers in the office where never ontime and gossiped horribly. When you don't join them and show up on time they find away to complain amd state your not a good fit. The actual manager did not handle the training .
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Petty employees
A good place to work
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Gray, TN2 June 2017
This is a great place to work. I have been with Frontier for many years and find they continue to do their best to serve individuals in need within our community
Pros
flexible, good work setting, clear mission, making changes for people in need
Rewarding job at times
Medical Records & Intake Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TN17 May 2017
Job could be rewarding sometimes. Some fellow co-workers were great to work with, while others were not. Basic schedule easy to work with. Low Stress level.
Relaxed but can be stressful
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TN23 April 2017
A typical day consist of babysitting adults with disabilities, instead caring for them as the job description states.

Most stressful job I have had.

The Residential Director allows clients to be neglected and is aware of this but does not do anything.
benefits
Cons
Pay, managment
Nothing to write home about.
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gray, TN17 April 2017
While people say "you get what you pay for" you experience what you're paid. A lot of unprofessionalism and stress from being over worked and underpaid. Policy procedure is very flexible and easy for management to change, in order to accommodate their needs. Advancement is awarded to those next in line, rather than people with experience and/or education for the position. You may get a bonus every year or you may not. You can accumulate PTO fairly quickly, but you have to use it for everything; holidays, sick, vacation, maternity/family leave. Just experienced a number of sketchy things that wouldn't happen at other companies.
Pros
PTO accumulation
Cons
Pay and policy procedure
A good company to work for
Intensive Community Behavioral Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN9 April 2017
A typical day at work includes collaborating with clients on one's caseload. This requires some home visits, school visits, and collaborating with community members at times. Completed crisis follow up calls to review safety plan and treatment planning. I learned to create treatment plans, and time management skills.
Productive team environment
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN22 March 2017
This company provides a great deal of office work linked to community resources. The most enjoyable part is the holistic approach to recovery and having all parties involved in clients' lives.
They will make anyone a house manager
Direct support specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia19 March 2017
All the clients are wonderful there and a great atmosphere till you have to deal with the house managers. Every one there is corrupted, including the bosses. Complaining about anything is a waste of breath so i would just recommend only say something when you have proof.
Pros
No time off
Cons
Power corrupted bosses
Mixed bag
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Duffield, VA15 March 2017
The pay is okay, but insufficient compared to the emotional labor that is expected, the benefits are great. The clients are great, management leaves a lot tobe desired. Gossipy coworkers, high turnover rate, constantly short staffed.
Pros
Free meals, clients, benefits
Cons
Management, short-staffed, stressful
Good and bad
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VA4 March 2017
My MANAGER was a good guy very fair. Expected everyone to.pull their own weight. Lazy people didntt like him. Overall a good job. Would work there again if i needed a job.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management power happy bullies
Enjoyable place to work if you overlook the inappropriate relationships between employees.
Residential Monitor for mental health residents (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 3760119 February 2017
I would recommend working the night shift to avoid the management drama. The pay is low, but the perks of being a part of a group of people is like a family atmosphere. Patients are not provided the proper nutritional requirements such as diabetics limiting sugar, heart patients eating salty foods. Patients need to be allowed more activities that focus on exercise and health. Shopping at Walmart everytime they get money is poor teachinjg habits.
Pros
Bonding with amazing ptients from all walks of life.
Cons
Drama lack of professionalism from some workers.
Steady work and awesome benefits!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TN14 February 2017
Working with mentally challenged adults in a residential setting (my position but there are many others within the company). I learned caring, compassion, patience, and equal opportunity for all people. Management was not present much except when there was something wrong and you knew things were bad when there were meetings with upper management. Awesome job with awesome clients and most staff were great and also loved the work they did. Hardest part of the job was the monotony day after day and people begging you to work overtime and expect to stay days when weather was bad. I enjoyed my clients and the time I spent with them. Except for the pay, this was probably the best job ever.
Pros
time off was awesome, benefits were great, steady work with basically unlimited OT potential
Cons
Call-ins and unexpected overtime
I loved the consumers and helping them
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Virginia9 January 2017
Working for frontier health was overall a good place to work. The consumers was treated very well and taken good care of. The training was helpful .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay for the job
Great job, poor pay
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Scott County, VA3 November 2016
I loved working with the Appalachian community. My co-workers for the most part were wonderful. Management is difficult as there seems to be a power struggle. I love managing my own schedule, being able to help others, and seeing clients meet their goals with my help. It is difficult to work with this population of people, and see their struggles, poverty, and not have adequate resources to aid them in their mental health recovery. This could be the best job ever if the pay was not poverty level and the management could find a set hierarchy and go with it. The PTO is pretty good. Benefits are decent, but the pay is ridiculous, and way lower than any other behavioral health center.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
Management issues and low pay
I had a bat time at one branch of the company
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN10 October 2016
I worked for one house in particular and it was ok at the start. I had lots of overtime and even more mandatory overtime. Management is useless and honestly seemed to hate men. I know it may sound stupid but shortly after the new house leader was hired all the men started being let go.
Pros
I loved the clients I worked with
Cons
Pretty much everything
Amazing environment with amazing staff
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN18 August 2016
I have never been so impressed with an establishment. The management at Frontier Health is nothing short of amazing. They put their residents first and are always on top of figuring out how they can better the company.
nice company to work for
front desk and patient care (Current Employee) –  Missouri8 August 2016
i learned alot from them. the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients they are very friendly. the doctor is great with the patient. the patients seem to really care for him
Its a tough job.
Residential Technician (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 3761524 June 2016
I Really love my job, I have gained so much being here. It can be stressful at times but it is very rewarding. I have learned valuable skills here that I can use to further my career.
Pros
you can work a lot of overtime
Cons
it can be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Health. Our community is ready to answer.