Frontier Health Employee Reviews

Frontier
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN23 May 2016
Frontier is a good place to work and has flexibility. Great co-workers. Hardest part of this job is time management. Once Time management is down you will be set. Always someone to ask if you have questions.
Mental Health is underrated and very much so needed
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tricities, TN30 April 2016
Great trainings offered, diverse work place, and management. Company perks: company phone and car, depending on division. Various divisions and field of choice, per degree or non-degree. I worked residential and loved it. Working with teens in states custody is not easy, nor for everyone.
Pros
Nonprofit
Cons
Nonprofit
Difficult Job
Residential Technician (Current Employee) –  Bluff City, TN9 March 2016
Typical days would include observing and managing the residents with their chores and daily outings. If residents got out of line, you would have to enforce punishments.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Stressful job
O.K. job but it was all work, no "fun" time.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VA22 October 2015
Hours good, mon-fri 8 to 5, but it was all work, there was never any fun time for employees, so of all the company's I worked for, this was one of my least favorites. Non-Profit company so pay and benefits were not good.
Pros
work hours 8 to 5
Cons
low pay and few benefits
ID Case Management
ID Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VA19 October 2015
I learned how to interact with individuals of all ages, who were diagnosed with Intellectual Disabilities. I assisted individuals and their families with obtaining and maintaining services. I completed annual Individual Support Plans, Person Centered Reviews, and CRISIS plans as needed for my clients.
Pros
Working with the ID population, assisting families and individuals with ID, linking them to services and resources, working with individuals of shared professional experience and interests
Good Company
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bluff City, TN25 September 2015
This is a good company to work for. They care about your personal life and will accommodate for emergencies. Benefits couldn't be better. The pay is low, but it is a non-profit organization.
Pros
Fun work environment. Cares about clients and staff.
Cons
Salary
Nice job
CSR (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN10 September 2015
If it wasn't a Temp-to-Hire position, I would have been there long term. A challenging job, to keep up with all the behavioral issues, in the Watuaga Behavioral Health Department.
Hardest part of the job, was the "floater" position. Having to learn the new proceedures in each department. The childrens department was the most lighthearted, the adults department was much more gloomy, from clients to co-workers.
Frontier Health Review
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TN7 September 2015
Challenging is what it was but very rewarding. The hardest thing about the job was watching the children get into more trouble, hearing the family issues from what the children are in there for. What I learned was, never turn your back while working in a child care program. Most co-workers were pretty awesome. 16-18 hour shifts was tough.
Pros
Helping children get on the right path of life
Cons
long shifts
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN4 September 2015
Do Not Wish to Included I Have Learned A great deal from the company. The Place I Work At I Get To Meet People And Help Others With There Day to Day Needs
Non-profit Mental Health Organization
CTT/CCFT C&Y Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TN2 August 2015
This company has a wide variety of positions within the company that entail a lot of different job aspects and job obligations. You can be assured that a typical day at work for this company will include a lot of paperwork; so much paperwork in fact that it can become overwhelming. Sometimes you can get lucky and have amazing co-workers that will give you a hand, but other times you might find yourself lost up the creek without a paddle. Yes, its safe to say that training is limited due to the company high turnover rate. Therefore, you will find yourself with a full case load before you even know what an ISN note is supposed to look like to appease insurance companies. A typical work day depends on your assigned case load, but usually you will be expected to have a minimum of four visits to your assigned case load daily; which have to be scheduled to appease your client and their family. The more visits you do the happier the company will be with you and the more paperwork you will have to complete within 24 hours of each visit. Therefore, if you are good with making your own schedules and and micro managing yourself this is the position for you.

Moreover, what you learn while employed in this job depends. You can be assured that you will learn all sorts of things; like mental health issues, substance abuse issues, resources in the area, family and group counseling, youth issues, aftercare, and many other things; more importantly you will learn about people's lives and their struggles. Hardest part of the job will be separating one from individuals struggles, and being
  more... overwhelmed with company paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and hearing their stories.

Finally, I recommend this company if you are in need of experience and you would like to help others.
Pros
High accumulation of PTO, flexible on vacations.
Cons
Stressful, no paid holidays, lots of paperwork, limited training.
Fast pace working with children and their families.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN18 May 2015
I work with children and their family. I visit the client's I work with at school and home. I attend court with the child if needed. I link family with in- house resources as well as outside resources. I work with a fantastic team. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a difference in a child's life.
Pros
Earn paid time off every 2 weeks
Productive workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN5 May 2015
-A typical day at work included reviewing what clients we had in the office that day as we were a 24 hour-3 day max 15 bed facility. I would also assess any new clients in order to see what services they needed and provide them with resources to overcome their substance abuse issues.
-I learned several new skills related to Case Management as well as how to better communicate with clients in a professional manner.
-The management at this job was decent, but could have done a better job of relating to the employee's.
-My co-workers at this job were great. I really enjoyed getting to know them, and working with them. They did a great job of helping each other out as well as offering advice on issues that would arise daily concerning the job itself or clients.
-The hardest part of the job was listening to clients stories and the things they were going through.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my clients leave and them knowing that they had just taken the first step towards the road to recovery from addiction, and how proud of themselves they were.
Pros
Co-worker relationships
Fun workplace
CSR/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN24 February 2015
Loved the people I worked with! Learned lots of new things in a short amount of time. I loved the fact that I never worked in one particular office all the time.
good starting job
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  TN18 February 2015
I learned how to work with others and achieve group and personal goals. This company provides a good starting point for anyone.
What I learned
Supervisor/ Coordinator of Peer Support Center (Former Employee) –  Gray TN11 January 2015
I learned so much during my time at FH. The State required that we continue our education in mental illness and that we were up to date on all new company policies and procedures. On a typical day I supervised staff as well as clients, operated all office equipment, completed madantory paperwork, and prepared for the next day.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping other people. That has to be the most satisfying feeling in the world.

Personally I miss the job.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
pay
work with special needs people
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TN16 December 2014
worked with clients to encourage them to do things for themselves and to become independent. Management was awful.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
working short hours
I enjoyed my fellow employees.
HEALTH INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TN4 April 2014
I worked there 11 years in medical records. There was no room for advancement. I loved my co-workers.
Pros
flexible as far as doctors appt & family sickness.
Cons
There was no opportunity for advancement.
problematic
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TN29 March 2014
The employees were crazier than the clients. Loved my clients. The NP and Secretary wanted to control the office. Very miserable to work n do my job when I was constantly made to feel like I was dirt. Management did not resolve my problems. But worked well with medical issues. Pay was very low. Benefits great.
enjoyed working with the clients i had, learned alot about them and their challenges
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TN7 March 2014
My typical day included picking up my clients from the workshop, bringing them home, cooking dinner for them, giving them their medications, helping them bath. On weekends it included going on outings, taking them shopping, doing things they liked to do.
There was some management issues that made it difficult and uncomfortable at times, my coworkers and I worked well together and they always helped.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the clients and getting to know them
Opportunity for growth
Residential Tech (Current Employee) –  Johnson City Tn21 January 2014
Being open minded to working with recovering addicts is a must. I have learned to be more empathetic towards individuals in certain circumstance. The work load was light but the stress of the job was not. My coworkers were great loving people that cared for others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Health. Our community is ready to answer.