Frontier Health Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Nice place to work if you like people and being poor
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Wise, VA19 December 2017
Good place to work, but has an extremely high turnover rate. This is directly due to low pay and benefits. It is a good place for new graduates to gain experience. Somehow the management hasn't figured that out yet! I enjoy my actual job. The added on three jobs are a bit much. My position pays one-fifth of the going rate. A good first job.
Pros
Generous PTO system
Cons
Low wages across the board
Don't try to be proactive
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VA2 June 2017
I was only there a short time. The first week of corporate training was great then I went to my full time position and training became very sporadic. The other case managers in the office where never ontime and gossiped horribly. When you don't join them and show up on time they find away to complain amd state your not a good fit. The actual manager did not handle the training .
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Petty employees
Great job, poor pay
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Scott County, VA3 November 2016
I loved working with the Appalachian community. My co-workers for the most part were wonderful. Management is difficult as there seems to be a power struggle. I love managing my own schedule, being able to help others, and seeing clients meet their goals with my help. It is difficult to work with this population of people, and see their struggles, poverty, and not have adequate resources to aid them in their mental health recovery. This could be the best job ever if the pay was not poverty level and the management could find a set hierarchy and go with it. The PTO is pretty good. Benefits are decent, but the pay is ridiculous, and way lower than any other behavioral health center.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
Management issues and low pay
Frontier
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN23 May 2016
Frontier is a good place to work and has flexibility. Great co-workers. Hardest part of this job is time management. Once Time management is down you will be set. Always someone to ask if you have questions.
Mental Health is underrated and very much so needed
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tricities, TN30 April 2016
Great trainings offered, diverse work place, and management. Company perks: company phone and car, depending on division. Various divisions and field of choice, per degree or non-degree. I worked residential and loved it. Working with teens in states custody is not easy, nor for everyone.
Pros
Nonprofit
Cons
Nonprofit
ID Case Management
ID Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VA19 October 2015
I learned how to interact with individuals of all ages, who were diagnosed with Intellectual Disabilities. I assisted individuals and their families with obtaining and maintaining services. I completed annual Individual Support Plans, Person Centered Reviews, and CRISIS plans as needed for my clients.
Pros
Working with the ID population, assisting families and individuals with ID, linking them to services and resources, working with individuals of shared professional experience and interests
Non-profit Mental Health Organization
CTT/CCFT C&Y Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TN2 August 2015
This company has a wide variety of positions within the company that entail a lot of different job aspects and job obligations. You can be assured that a typical day at work for this company will include a lot of paperwork; so much paperwork in fact that it can become overwhelming. Sometimes you can get lucky and have amazing co-workers that will give you a hand, but other times you might find yourself lost up the creek without a paddle. Yes, its safe to say that training is limited due to the company high turnover rate. Therefore, you will find yourself with a full case load before you even know what an ISN note is supposed to look like to appease insurance companies. A typical work day depends on your assigned case load, but usually you will be expected to have a minimum of four visits to your assigned case load daily; which have to be scheduled to appease your client and their family. The more visits you do the happier the company will be with you and the more paperwork you will have to complete within 24 hours of each visit. Therefore, if you are good with making your own schedules and and micro managing yourself this is the position for you.

Moreover, what you learn while employed in this job depends. You can be assured that you will learn all sorts of things; like mental health issues, substance abuse issues, resources in the area, family and group counseling, youth issues, aftercare, and many other things; more importantly you will learn about people's lives and their struggles. Hardest part of the job will be separating one from individuals struggles, and being
  more... overwhelmed with company paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and hearing their stories.

Finally, I recommend this company if you are in need of experience and you would like to help others.
Pros
High accumulation of PTO, flexible on vacations.
Cons
Stressful, no paid holidays, lots of paperwork, limited training.
Fast pace working with children and their families.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN18 May 2015
I work with children and their family. I visit the client's I work with at school and home. I attend court with the child if needed. I link family with in- house resources as well as outside resources. I work with a fantastic team. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a difference in a child's life.
Pros
Earn paid time off every 2 weeks
Productive workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN5 May 2015
-A typical day at work included reviewing what clients we had in the office that day as we were a 24 hour-3 day max 15 bed facility. I would also assess any new clients in order to see what services they needed and provide them with resources to overcome their substance abuse issues.
-I learned several new skills related to Case Management as well as how to better communicate with clients in a professional manner.
-The management at this job was decent, but could have done a better job of relating to the employee's.
-My co-workers at this job were great. I really enjoyed getting to know them, and working with them. They did a great job of helping each other out as well as offering advice on issues that would arise daily concerning the job itself or clients.
-The hardest part of the job was listening to clients stories and the things they were going through.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my clients leave and them knowing that they had just taken the first step towards the road to recovery from addiction, and how proud of themselves they were.
Pros
Co-worker relationships
Loved this job
Adult Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain City, TN12 August 2013
home visits, assessed mental health clients for admission for services and coordinated services to the appropriate service.
Pros
flexible work schedule, loved helping people with thier goals and treatment for recovery