Frontier Health Employee Reviews for Direct Support Professional

3.0Job Security & Advancement
high turnover
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TN20 June 2018
Frintier healt does not care about their employees only them money they make off of them. I have a friend who has worked her for ten years and is just now making $11 an hour. when I worked there my shift was supposed to be 7 days on 7 days off but instead I worked 80 hours one week and 40 the other.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
Productive and very interesting environment
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VA1 November 2017
I enjoyed the environment here because of the clients, they really made it special and fun. Not only did I get to see them advance at a new skill, I also had some of the funniest moments in my life while working there. It was a rewarding place to work, not only did the clients grow and learn, they taught me and my fellow staff members lessons in life. I would highly recommend someone to get a job here.
Pros
Training classes with refreshments, being able to travel and take the clients to interesting and fun places
Cons
Having to deal with petty jealousy among the other employees, and extreme long hours
Good and bad
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VA4 March 2017
My MANAGER was a good guy very fair. Expected everyone to.pull their own weight. Lazy people didntt like him. Overall a good job. Would work there again if i needed a job.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management power happy bullies
Steady work and awesome benefits!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TN14 February 2017
Working with mentally challenged adults in a residential setting (my position but there are many others within the company). I learned caring, compassion, patience, and equal opportunity for all people. Management was not present much except when there was something wrong and you knew things were bad when there were meetings with upper management. Awesome job with awesome clients and most staff were great and also loved the work they did. Hardest part of the job was the monotony day after day and people begging you to work overtime and expect to stay days when weather was bad. I enjoyed my clients and the time I spent with them. Except for the pay, this was probably the best job ever.
Pros
time off was awesome, benefits were great, steady work with basically unlimited OT potential
Cons
Call-ins and unexpected overtime
enjoyed working with the clients i had, learned alot about them and their challenges
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TN7 March 2014
My typical day included picking up my clients from the workshop, bringing them home, cooking dinner for them, giving them their medications, helping them bath. On weekends it included going on outings, taking them shopping, doing things they liked to do.
There was some management issues that made it difficult and uncomfortable at times, my coworkers and I worked well together and they always helped.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the clients and getting to know them