Fulton Hogan

Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

Australia82 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Na

Very great company to work for had great work life balance but stressful at times. I highly recommend it to start career in civil engineering and progress further.

Great Company, with a well rounded team and great support from management

FH are a great company to work for. They promote growth within the industry and look after their staff. They are also very supportive and look after you.

Pros

lots of work

Cons

long hrs

Not supportive, lack of training

Not approachable when faced with harassment.....I was not fully made aware of the tasks and the heavy work load on the body, I was given a severe lack of training, the workers were not happy with the culture and support from a management level

Really bad management

Would never work for this company as they breach every safety measures to get the job done. They don't support you, but rather than work with you, they bully and intimate you.

Productive environment

Great place to work and would highly recommend. Great bunch of people and opportunities to progress. Fulton hogan are also Australia wide so can get a transfer if needed.

Great culture, everyone’s valued

Highly recommend FH as the quality is second to none with the 24 years experience I have in the the industry. If you want to be well looked after and rewarded for your efforts, FH is your home.

Pros

FH looks to encourage work life balance

Cons

None known

Clicky, scapegoat mentality

This was a very unhappy place to go.Brought me on early. Didn’t have specific job ready. Wouldn’t let me help on other jobs, too CLICKY to have my inputOn last day of probation layed me offNever got a chance to show my expertise but had too many staff so used me as scapegoatUsing a WHS issue which wasn’t my fault and I wasn’t allowed to toolbox but got the blame. Devastating for someone highly regarded in industry and valued employee of other Tier 1 companies.

Pros

Salary, working conditions ok

Cons

Clicky, non inclusive, morally reprehensible management practices

Productive and friendly cultural

Enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment. Helpful team members. Work-life balance Employees priority Good understanding of cultural diversityFun and friendly environment

Positive job, bad people to work with

I was asked to work here because of a highly regarded referral and my experience in the field. Yet I wasn't allowed to use that to better the job. Being talked down to and told off for helping crew mates new to the field even if it was regarding a major safety concern. Seems to be virtually no teamwork. People just want to do their own thing. Management seems to look down on people that are pro active about making the job standards high.Turned an amazing enjoyable job into a chore.Lots of ego & verry little forward thinking.

Pros

Some knock offs at full day hours

Cons

Backwards attitute & management

Worked with a diverse group of people who worked hard and aimed for the same goals. A very enjoyable productive environment to work in would love to work there again

Pros

All necessary technical equipment was provided without delay or question the need for the equipment

Cons

Finished the contract and ran out of work

Great culture

Best company in Australia to work for your not just a number but part of a family orientated company.being part of team where where respect is shown throughout the project.

Pros

Organization

Cons

Lon g hours

High productivity and safety was the main focus.

Lots of bbq breakfasts to reward the workers and xmas & mid year functions were all paid for by the company. PPE, tools & equipment was top gear and direct supervisors were experienced, firm but fair. Top end management was abased at a different site so we didn't see them much. Huge focus on safety, where we had a safety toolbox meeting once a week and pre starts every week.

Good team

The role was an admin support role assisting the NBN installation project in a very male dominating environment. As a female, you need to be confident and not easily intimidated and stand your grown. Management team very supportive. Could be more assertive with their crew. Grounds crew were very uncooperative at first but eventually came around.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Disorganise crew and not discipline

Job

For myself, it was always a fair experience. Never had a problem with anyone who worked there, bosses were easy to get along with. As long as you do your job, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Poor management

Very poor NBN Project management at Dudley Park ,Adelaide. Never work with these bunch of crooks they have no respect for people with different culture backgrounds. Bloody Racist !

No Progression

No training provided to further yourself within the company also no opportunity to move up in the company. No respect or appreciation for workers or efforts.

Fast paced and challenging

The role was very fast paced and a new role, which made it very challenging. Due to budgets some roles had to take on more than they could handle, however, it was manageable.

Bad managment/clicky mob.

The workers are great the management are very clicky and love to micro manage. They drink up on a Friday afternoon then drive home hmm and ohs and safety is there number 1 priority. Whatever.Dont stand up for yourself what ever you do cause they will move you around and try 2 break you. Not me better than that. Workers great. Management..too many chiefs with no idea.

management have no clue on how to run telecommunication company

too many chiefs not enough field workers health & safety only happens when someone injured then they go overboard materials are hard to get too much Empire building causals are treated like second ractrate

Worst ever management

Rude and worst management at Dudly Park Sa. If you’re looking to keep your job don’t dare to ask them questions ! Bullying is acceptable in this management

Good

A good company to work for with a good safe work culture. All staff are friendly and helpful. OHS training is of a high standard with consideration given to all Stakeholders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Hogan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fulton Hogan
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?