Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

No work life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 June 2019
They work you to the bone, no consideration for your personal life, expect long hours that’s not reflected in you salary. Promise you everything, then shift the goal posts on you with no consultation prior making it impossible to meet their requirements
Management do not live n breath the FH values but expect everyone else to
Issues raised get swept under the carpet and the guys on the ground get the blame
Absolutely appalling!
HR and HSE issues go left unanswered and your made to feel intimidated when you ask again
Their uniform allowance is a joke, holes in boots and torn shirts won’t be replaced yet a certain HSE Coordinator is a walking FH uniform catalogue
Double standards through the place
Toxic environment in their main office
Pros
Nothing that I witnessed
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic job expectations, management don’t have a clue
It’s like working in the 80’s
HFC (Former Employee) –  Western Australia8 May 2019
The managment are a bunch of bully’s, nothing done by workers was ever good enough, employers were always treated as if they were always doing something wrong.
Dare question them about safety issues or procedures and you would paint a target on your back. Zero training provided and unless you were stroking the egos of managment and supervisors there was no chance of any further progression in the company, no matter what your skill rating was.
Full time isn’t an option, most guys were strung along for 18months.

Unorganised continually and one of the least professional companies I had ever worked for.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Managment made for a toxic work environment
Not a good management place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 February 2019
@ Very bad management style small group has more than 4 managers
@ Not friendly as the company says'we're family'
@ Greatly discrimination and racist
@ Not a nice place for new starter, no training, no communication
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Not a nice place for new employees
Roller Operator (Former Employee) –  Western Australia16 January 2019
My opinion of Fulton Hogan W.A is not a good one. There is a culture of bullying new employees. There is hardly any breathtesting as you are handed a piece of paper that you write 0.00 on and it seems the site boss and supervisors are covering there favourites. The managers don't want to know about labour hire employees as they think they are like an expendable product. We had our safety day last Monday and a speaker there said we should care about each other more.Fat chance of that happening as things just go on the same as allways. Fulton Hogan has a long way to go to attain any sort of high standard in this industry. The Managers are rude,selfish and uncaring like they dont seem to know or care what is going on on the ground. I just thought that considering the guys on the ground do all the physical work that they would be treated better. Come on we work 14 hours a day without a scheduled break so many days you are fatigued after you drive home. Fatigued drivers and operators make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes and the supervisers are rude to you maybe because they are stressed themselves. I have a fear that one day a serious workplace incident/accident will take place on the job. I hope I a wrong.
Pros
The Money
Cons
Long hours without a sheduled break, rude bosses and a cooking the books regarding fatigue management.
Good poeple to work for
Civil Labourer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 December 2018
Good company to work for apart for it needs better management on the paper work side of things. Apart from that the culture is quite good and the work is always veried to make it more interesting .
Pros
Get a free breakfast once every 3 months if we lucky
Cons
Can be a little rushed at times when getting organised in the mornings with the paper work..
HFC project-poor management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dudley Park SA24 November 2018
I came here a couple of years ago and worked hard ,sorry to say baby.SQ over through me.
Let’s just say, they involved a heap of pepperoni and a group of seagulls swarming his room, with hilarious and disastrous consequences.
Pros
free drinks
Double face people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dudley Park SA23 November 2018
Management at NBN Dudly Park is a bunch of crooks ,Project management don't care about any matter between Supervisors ,they can degrade anyone without any investigation , project manager isn't able to resolve internal problems he is a kid.
not bad
road works labourer (Former Employee) –  Berry NSW22 October 2018
good place to work values health and safety fairly treated good to learn new skills . good pay . good blokes to work with . good place to work if u like construction
Pros
good bbqs
Cons
Great company to work for
Senior safety manager (Current Employee) –  NSW11 October 2018
Great company to work for. Friendly , approachable, good culture which is developing well as time goes on. The really care about the well being of their workers and staff.
Pros
Good company tp work for
Cons
Good company to work for
Rugby team i started
Surfacing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton NZ24 August 2018
Early start , Planning , Team meetings , General roading duties
Learnt = How to be a better team leader
Management = Fantastic , helpful
Workplace culture = Great
Hardest part =Long hours
Enjoyable Part = Being a good team leader and having the respect of my teams.
Pros
Salary, Vehicle, Phone, Bonuses
Cons
Recession 2009
great job, great income, up to 85 hour week.
HC driver/ Labourer (Former Employee) –  adelaide, worked all around australia12 August 2018
Fulton Hogan have many departments under the one name so this review does not include fulton hogan as a major business only the specific department i was wokring for.

i worked as a truck driver to drive machinery interstate to R.A.A.F bases and then worked as a labourer doing runway maintenance for up to a month or 2 at a time.

schedules were always pushed very closely together so if there was a mistake or mis management of a machine we would be set back and therefor have to work massive hours eveyday to get the job finished in time to meet the deadline or before.

all in all i enjoyed my time and experience from fulton hogan as knew i wanted to pursue work that allowed my to make more money so i have no finished my study to work in the mining industry as im always looking to further my career as i have an opportunity to set myself up very well in the future at my current age of 22
Pros
great work, experience working around australia and good people
good company to work for
CW2 Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bruce Highway30 April 2018
I enjoyed my time with fulton Hogan they were a good company who I think looked afeter their employers. I would like to work for them again if they were around the Rockhampton area.
no care for work life balance
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Australia7 February 2018
You basically work 24/7 on call.. never know what time you are starting your shift each day until 2 hours before hand... sometimes even less notice...
Great friendly people
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  malmsbury20 January 2018
Awesome company to be part of, wages were great, most management were approachable. They dealt with great subcontractors and engineers were all great to deal with
Great people to work around like a family
Fixed Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Stapylton QLD7 January 2018
This company was great to work for only let down was there were not interested in letting all people of the company learn new things or rotate around so the job wasn’t the same day in and day out
Pros
Got 10 hours a day of work
Cons
Not getting to learn new things
Fulton Hogan Industries provides great flexibility for autonomous employees. Everyone has the opportunity to contribute in their own way.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Central Australia Region2 October 2017
Fulton Hogan has allowed me to develop myself professionally across a wide variety of roles.
Engaged as a Project Engineer currently I have had the opportunity to undertake site engineering work, construction and project management work, health and safety work, quantity surveying and estimating work as well as documentation and management of quality systems within the organisation.
Pros
Great opportunities to work autonomously, and contribute in a variety of ways to the delivery of projects and works.
Cons
Employment contracts generally states that the hours of work are task orientated, rather than standard hours orientated, This is there for a reason, and that is because you will work hard at Fulton Hogan, If you aren't committed the working conditions can be a deterrent.
Happy workers
Asphalter. Road maintenance. (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC26 September 2017
Happy n good environment of people but the salary need to increase compare to the ways they do the jobs completely. ..have to be physically n healthy.
Good team, spread of work tasks amongst team could be better.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide19 September 2017
A really good team, Good office set up, a management team that cares but a bit lacking in how to resource and allocate work load. With the program u was working on the company should have been able to look into processes to help the staff based on previous experience.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Long Hours
enjoyable work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany WA30 May 2017
Its a good company to work for you learn diffrent skills every day and on job training you learn a lot about how to make the roads safe for the public
Not the best workplace setting
Civil Labourer (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 April 2017
very unprofessional, treat workers like rubbish, no room for improvement, just take orders from supervisor, abused, stuffed around, spend majority of your time away from family, plenty of bosses that like to shuffle the blame onto the next, get promised job security but wait years, a very unhappy work environment! Some great crew workers but management and new supervisors hired really let this company down.
Pros
Good work crew, money ok
Cons
Long hours, never home, bullying in the workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Hogan. Our community is ready to answer.