Fusion5
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fusion5 Employee Reviews in Remote

Remote4 reviews
I have been working with the company going on two years. The flexibility is outstanding, unlike any other company I have ever worked for. I do travel quite a bit within my role but the flex hours make it worth it. Accessibility to the VP of my department is outstanding. Benefits are good and reasonably priced.
A lot of promises made, but none kept. Many customers ran away too. New ones signed up, and the old ones ran away to the competition. I guess the ones who got promotions were a**lick**ers. If you want career suicide, go join this company. A few geniuses "so-called" elite school crowd think they know it all by building way too confusing workflows to confuse employees and customers. Financial projections always wrong. Just like the Federal government willing to overspend and pull money from thin air and waste on silly things and expensive hires. The COO wants to stay in the hotel all the time so she can keep making points and elite standards with hotel chains. The COO basically cannot even write an email the right way, let alone her management practices - awful and demanding. If you suggest something meaningful, someone else either steals your idea, or take it and own as their own. Poor standards for a start-up. Low rating of professional standards overall. A few folks were nice, as they played humble and nimble. Think 100 times before you want to go work for them.
Too bad there's no zero rating. I was brought on in a senior-level "contract to hire" role to handle documentation and business analysis in spring 2019. I was told the intention was to make me full time after 3 months, with a small bump in salary at that point. OK, fine, I can earn it. I jumped right in, doing some major work on the absolutely horrible user guide they had, and also working to catch up on development backlogs. The management (particularly the Agile BA Manager) was extremely condescending, routinely changing my work in front of me while saying things like, "this is much better, don't you think?" When I pushed back and said "no, it's not, we need to do XYZ, because of ABC," I was told to make the changes anyway, and the call was cut short - in her best 'Professor Umbridge' imitation. This happened several times a week. I only cite this as a microcosm of the entire toxic work culture at Fusion5. Stuff like the above anecdote happened ALL the time, and not just to me. Management had clear "favorites" they would coddle, and hard-working folks trying to earn respect through quality work were dismissed, belittled, condescended to, and then tossed aside. Then, just as soon as my tasks were complete and the backlog caught up, they let me go, citing "quality of work." B*** S***! I got a call from a VP on a Friday saying I'd have 2 weeks left of work. They let a developer go the next week, too - just as soon as he'd finished a big project and got current. It became evident at that point they'd lied to me the whole time, and just needed a top-tier person to fix some issues - more...
Pros
High pay, Great equipment
Cons
Everything else
Lots of opportunity to add value and to influence the culture. The mission, vision and values resonates throughout the work. Exciting to be a part of this endeavor to reduce the cost of healthcare in the US, focusing on patient outcomes and value based care.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Still building infrastructure, policies and procedures
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fusion5?