Fusion5
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fusion5 Employee Reviews for Technical Writer

Technical Writer1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Too bad there's no zero rating. I was brought on in a senior-level "contract to hire" role to handle documentation and business analysis in spring 2019. I was told the intention was to make me full time after 3 months, with a small bump in salary at that point. OK, fine, I can earn it. I jumped right in, doing some major work on the absolutely horrible user guide they had, and also working to catch up on development backlogs. The management (particularly the Agile BA Manager) was extremely condescending, routinely changing my work in front of me while saying things like, "this is much better, don't you think?" When I pushed back and said "no, it's not, we need to do XYZ, because of ABC," I was told to make the changes anyway, and the call was cut short - in her best 'Professor Umbridge' imitation. This happened several times a week. I only cite this as a microcosm of the entire toxic work culture at Fusion5. Stuff like the above anecdote happened ALL the time, and not just to me. Management had clear "favorites" they would coddle, and hard-working folks trying to earn respect through quality work were dismissed, belittled, condescended to, and then tossed aside. Then, just as soon as my tasks were complete and the backlog caught up, they let me go, citing "quality of work." B*** S***! I got a call from a VP on a Friday saying I'd have 2 weeks left of work. They let a developer go the next week, too - just as soon as he'd finished a big project and got current. It became evident at that point they'd lied to me the whole time, and just needed a top-tier person to fix some issues - more...
Pros
High pay, Great equipment
Cons
Everything else