G&S Engineering Employee Reviews

Great Company
Trade Assistant since 20th August (Current Employee) –  Emerald QLD1 September 2019
Great Company, in the short amount of time I have been employed by the company it has been a blast. The staff are friendly and very helpful with any questions or help I need to carry out my work safely.
Pros
Good Management/Friendly Team
Cons
Long Periods away from home
good place to work with
Rigger Advanced (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 July 2019
Good guys on crews to work with, some times the jobs are not the best in accomadating aspects of accomodation on long haul flights but they try there best
Pros
Great guys to with with
bad place
RIGGER/ SCAFFOLDER (Former Employee) –  various1 February 2018
management are clueless they do alot of sweeping under the carpet, they sack people for pointless reasons just to bring in one of the managements cousins
Pros
work crew
Cons
management
Shutdown work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 January 2018
I only briefly worked for G & S Engineering, during that time I found the team that they had put together for the shutdown to be excellent, with management displaying excellent leadership.
Was enjoyable
Trade Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mackay QLD13 August 2017
Everyone got on really Well and respected each others opinion. Everyone did their efficiently and effectively In a very safe manner.
Was bused to and from site, was sheltered in a camp with breakfast lunch and dinner provided.
Pros
Bused to and from Work
Cons
Long hours, penalty rates
The Worst and dangerous company
Boilermaker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA22 May 2017
These guys will work you like a dog treat you like a prisoner and brush everything under the carpet from the client. Management are clueless with no consideration for safety at all. Been on countless shutdowns with them seen and heard of incidents the client doesn't know about all because the company wants to win more work, but hey if you like being treated like a dog have your tools stolen and work for a company that has the potential to kill someone go right a head and join also the pay is low, never correct or on time.

Just another linkforce.
Pros
The workers
Cons
Good job fun to work for.
UNDERGROUND MINER (Former Employee) –  BOWEN BASIN18 July 2016
Great company for working in the mines.
Great team environment family friendly rosters
Great team environment.
Loyalty was never rewarded
Crane operator - HPX3 project at Hay Point (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD23 April 2016
I tried to perform my duties to the best of my ability in the conditions we were working in.
There seemed to be a lot of upper management and not enough people on the ground which caused a conflicting situation to continue day in and out. There seemed to be a "pecking order" and it was not how hard you worked or your loyalty to the company it was more a "who you know" situation if you wanted to go further in the company.
My co workers were mostly good honest hardworking people, but with all work environments there are some employees who did not fulfill the roles they were employed to do which exacerbated an already difficult work environment .
Safety was also a concern with many people not considering safe work practices a priority in their daily roles.
I enjoyed mixing with my co workers and quite a few have become life long friends.
Pros
Co-workers
Enjoyable workplace
Rigger/Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Queensland17 March 2016
Enjoyed going to work , Great work culture .Management were approachable , co workers were familiar faces as in this industry you tend to work with familiar faces .
Pros
looked after workers well
Cons
as good as any other company in this field of work
Leading Hand Electrician (Current Employee) –  Mackay QLD16 March 2016
typical day was ok as far as work goes. management was alright sometimes, coworkers usually made the job and got you through. hardest part was not having things organised or no gear or both and not knowing what you are doing or where you are going to be working in the near future.
Pros
money
Cons
job security
good productive work
rigger crane operator (Former Employee) –  Mackay, QLD3 February 2016
productive
enjoy training new young riggers
work well with supervisors
sometimes they try to make you work in rain
pays are usually on time
Productive company
Advanced Rigger and Crane Driver (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD3 December 2015
Great to work for and overall good company, Learnt a lot of new skills while working for them.
Co-workers and Supervisors were helpful and great blokes to work with.
Very productive company which made the days full of jobs.
Mechanical Fitter/ Boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Mackay20 September 2015
I owe G&S a lot because of what I've learnt from them over the years Ive been there. It's a shame Im leaving town because I'd like to stay and learn more.
Great to be hands on and on site with the work crew
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mackay, QLD17 September 2015
G&S adopts great morals towards their workers and their safety.
It's good to be on site and hands on with the workers, talking about their workplace and any safety concerns they may have.
Its a fulfilling feeling when you can get them to think about their safety and how they can improve their attitude for the positive towards safety matters
Pros
They adapt a positive and safe culture
Cons
The vast distance from my home in Newcastle
interesting
Rigger/Crane Driver/Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  qld and western australia18 August 2015
I enjoyed working for g for g & s .In my line of work I visited places that ive never seen before like western Australia in the pilbra.the company were safety conscious .the work was interesting and a challenge at times.
Pros
interesting and challenging work
Great Team of workers and friendly
Qualified Fitter/Development Fitter (Former Employee) –  Mackay, Queensland.1 July 2015
The day would begin with a prestart talk, allows us to know what is happening for the day and voice any opinions or concerns. Most days it would be a large piece of mining equipment. Undertake and continue on with the previous days work. We work within a team and our teams would be made up of a strongly suited range of tradespeople capable to efficiently and safely complete the tasks. we always have a leading hand nearby to facilitate any needs or concerns we may have. Depending on the task, there may be overtime available, if no overtime then the day concludes at 1:30. The hard parts of the job would be waiting for parts to arrive on order and having to work with changes and concerns from the customer. Each customer is unique in doing things differently and handling change differently. The best part about the day would be working with the team of guys and because we have worked together for a while we can just talk freely and help each other with the tasks.
Not a very loyal company.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Caval Ridge Mine14 February 2015
Not very organised, no direction and supervisor was adopting a micro management method. Instead of approaching any problems raised by the crew, he preferred to belittle people behind their back to colleagues, instead of addressing the issue at hand. The people at the coal face/ crew, were all good, competent and pleasant/ fun to work with.
Nice company to work for,could be more organised.
Rigger & Labour / TA / Operator (Current Employee) –  mackay qld9 February 2015
Great company to work for. In a normal day you could start out rigging and end up helping fitters, electricians or just about anything.

Learnt a lot from quality personnel on the jobs.

Enjoy the diversity and job related challenges.

Hardest part of job is finding upcoming work when a project is nearly complete.
Pros
Good travel to and from site.
Cons
Hard to secure position, disappointing when bludgers stay employed because they know someone and you get put off.
As Above

* Performing Storeman Duties
* Performing Stocktakes
* Delivering & Picking up parts and equipment
Cons
fast paced work shut downs /brake downs
Boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Mackay, QLD12 November 2014
A typical day at work would be any repairs or mods any were any time day or night .I have learned many things over the years I have worked in the mining industry from washplants to draglines to all types of machinery. Management has been ok over the years it chop and changes a lot. I have met some of the best people in the industry to work with and live with. The hardest part of the job is the lack of consistency in this field of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is range of fields you work in it can be different every day.
Pros
good fast paced work
Cons
not stable work