G&S Engineering
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G&S Engineering Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
Support is very good from head office management.
Site Management also has excellent support systems in place.

What i have learned is extra computer Skills.

Excellent Workplace culture and support.

Hardest part off the job would be learning new computer skills while keeping the work fronts in check.

Most enjoyable part off the job would be the engineering and Management support.
Pros
Support from Engineering & Management
Cons
nil
Good place to obtain all your site inductions and to learn the ropes if new to site work. For old players of the game they put me through my supervision tickets
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Sometimes need to push hr to get mobilized
Enjoying and learning new things everyday and meeting new people with different experiences and careers.
very helpful and kind to one another.

Supervisors are very helpful and kind care for all employees
Pros
Camp food
Cons
long shifts
It was my first time in doing shut down work up at mines, did not really know what to expect.
From the first interview they make you feel welcome.

Once on site the whole crew from the top down all were help full and prepared to show you the ropes.

Nothing to complain about apart fly's took getting used too.
Great company to work for. Doing underground work and above ground coal mining shutdowns. Plenty of training provided and communication with HR, Management and safety department.
Great Company, in the short amount of time I have been employed by the company it has been a blast. The staff are friendly and very helpful with any questions or help I need to carry out my work safely.
Pros
Good Management/Friendly Team
Cons
Long Periods away from home
Good guys on crews to work with, some times the jobs are not the best in accomadating aspects of accomodation on long haul flights but they try there best
Pros
Great guys to with with
Cons
management are clueless they do alot of sweeping under the carpet, they sack people for pointless reasons just to bring in one of the managements cousins
Pros
work crew
Cons
management
I only briefly worked for G & S Engineering, during that time I found the team that they had put together for the shutdown to be excellent, with management displaying excellent leadership.
Everyone got on really Well and respected each others opinion. Everyone did their efficiently and effectively In a very safe manner.
Was bused to and from site, was sheltered in a camp with breakfast lunch and dinner provided.
Pros
Bused to and from Work
Cons
Long hours, penalty rates
These guys will work you like a dog treat you like a prisoner and brush everything under the carpet from the client. Management are clueless with no consideration for safety at all. Been on countless shutdowns with them seen and heard of incidents the client doesn't know about all because the company wants to win more work, but hey if you like being treated like a dog have your tools stolen and work for a company that has the potential to kill someone go right a head and join also the pay is low, never correct or on time.

Just another linkforce.
Pros
The workers
Cons
Great company for working in the mines.
Great team environment family friendly rosters

Great team environment.
I tried to perform my duties to the best of my ability in the conditions we were working in.
There seemed to be a lot of upper management and not enough people on the ground which caused a conflicting situation to continue day in and out. There seemed to be a "pecking order" and it was not how hard you worked or your loyalty to the company it was more a "who you know" situation if you wanted to go further in the company.

My co workers were mostly good honest hardworking people, but with all work environments there are some employees who did not fulfill the roles they were employed to do which exacerbated an already difficult work environment .

Safety was also a concern with many people not considering safe work practices a priority in their daily roles.

I enjoyed mixing with my co workers and quite a few have become life long friends.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Enjoyed going to work , Great work culture .Management were approachable , co workers were familiar faces as in this industry you tend to work with familiar faces .
Pros
looked after workers well
Cons
typical day was ok as far as work goes. management was alright sometimes, coworkers usually made the job and got you through. hardest part was not having things organised or no gear or both and not knowing what you are doing or where you are going to be working in the near future.
Pros
money
Cons
job security
productive
enjoy training new young riggers

work well with supervisors

sometimes they try to make you work in rain

pays are usually on time
Great to work for and overall good company, Learnt a lot of new skills while working for them.
Co-workers and Supervisors were helpful and great blokes to work with.

Very productive company which made the days full of jobs.
I owe G&S a lot because of what I've learnt from them over the years Ive been there. It's a shame Im leaving town because I'd like to stay and learn more.
G&S adopts great morals towards their workers and their safety.
It's good to be on site and hands on with the workers, talking about their workplace and any safety concerns they may have.

Its a fulfilling feeling when you can get them to think about their safety and how they can improve their attitude for the positive towards safety matters
Pros
They adapt a positive and safe culture
Cons
The vast distance from my home in Newcastle
I enjoyed working for g for g & s .In my line of work I visited places that ive never seen before like western Australia in the pilbra.the company were safety conscious .the work was interesting and a challenge at times.
Pros
interesting and challenging work
The day would begin with a prestart talk, allows us to know what is happening for the day and voice any opinions or concerns. Most days it would be a large piece of mining equipment. Undertake and continue on with the previous days work. We work within a team and our teams would be made up of a strongly suited range of tradespeople capable to efficiently and safely complete the tasks. we always have a leading hand nearby to facilitate any needs or concerns we may have. Depending on the task, there may be overtime available, if no overtime then the day concludes at 1:30. The hard parts of the job would be waiting for parts to arrive on order and having to work with changes and concerns from the customer. Each customer is unique in doing things differently and handling change differently. The best part about the day would be working with the team of guys and because we have worked together for a while we can just talk freely and help each other with the tasks.