Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

G4S Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
The most enjoyable part of the work was working as a team and we would support each other at all times. Friendly atmosphere and if we happen to work in the weekends, we would definitely had BBQ's.
I was bullied out of this company by my site supervisor because he hated females and he got rid of every female before me. He made my working life miserable and yet when I complained to upper management nothing was done.
Absolutely the worst company I have ever encounted!

(Arrogant, Deciterful, Divisive, Manipulative, Controlling, lying, Covering Up) organizations!!

Staff turnover is ridiculous!!!
.working with prisoners and bailees on a daily basis, which includes reception duties, security checks searching and strip searching of prisoners. feeding duties and relocating of prisoners back to prison.
1.company can improve. 2.company can have shifts that balance work and family time.3 pay the employees their overtime,and pay queries. 4 give employees warm protective clothing during cold days and proper hard rain suits for raining days.5 improve low moral,credit hard workers with performance bonuses.
My husband had the misfortune of being employed for this company,through an acquisition with the United Healthcare contract who they obtained through low bidding the previous acquired company, He was the site supervisor the site he was on Which is a madhouse on a daily basis, from not having enough places for patients to park, reserved space for the whinny high school bad doctors that are employed there, to acts and threats of violence against the staff, and security always having to remove them, this place could use some improvement, as a supervisor for G4S, my husband endured so much on a daily basis, his immediate supervisor was an incompetent, spineless joke of a supervisor who clearly didn’t know what he was doing at all! My husband was fired because of an incident that started behind an elevator, and a conversation he had with the company who runs the security contract, where in his silence while being “reprimanded” he was deemed aggressive and was taken off the contract, and was supposed to be placed at another contract but had to go through 10 hour training that was to be done by email, he never received that email by the way. The Las Vegas staff are not good, who don’t know anything, truly a lack of management, HR is not stable and you no one ever answers the phone at the Las Vegas office, work for this company only if it is a last resort. You’ve been warned, they don’t appreciate anything you do!
Interesting with a lot of experience to learn from and build strength and have a certain perspective of the world too. I is a good company with a lot of expertise.
Pros
bonuse
Cons
Very Friendly and supportive team. high class professional environment. when it comes to handle any issue at work, the whole team is very supportive. love my job.
One of the better employees in this field.
Limited number of contracts in the Care & Justice space, therefore few opportunities for advancement.

If a contract is lost, employees are shed.

Business has been in retrenchment recently, so culture has suffered a fair bit.

They are now in a period of stability, so expect a more stabilised business in terms of culture and "feel".

With the reduction in support staff, there is a lot of pressure on remaining staff to perform.
Wonderful experience in total. great treatment of clients AND staff. would consider working there in future. great people and great care taken to employees
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at G4S?
I love going to work as there is always a project to do. I always look forward to every day. Managing people is the most challenging part of my day. I embrace the challenge thus looking forward to everyday.
Pros
24 Hours On-call
Cons
No benefits
on call 24/7

Working very long hours

Working 6 - 7 days a week

Very demanding job

Company phone and Laptop

Management constantly changing within the company
Most toxic environment I've ever worked in.
People in positions of responsibility have no integrity whatsoever. Good people regularly bullied out of the job while head office buries it's head in the sand and refuses to deal with those who bully and lie.

Company values are just words without meaning at G4S.
Pros
Mon to Fri
Cons
Never know when you'll finish. No integrity, no leadership, double standards, buck passing, corrupt.
were it within my power I would disallow companys like g4s and their ilk not to be granted operating rights in this country, they import a culture that denigrates the country they are in
Pros
employment
Cons
disgusting management
Just like what is written in the pros column. Good work life balance. A good group of staff also who look out for each other.
Pros
Great roster, long hours but time off to compensate and good money with over time
Cons
More focused on profit and cost cutting
This role has changed since i departed can not make comment
whilst i was there it had a great group of people working in HR many of which have moved on or to other parts of the organisation
I worked 12 hour shifts, four days four days off. I learned how complex a container terminal is to operate. The job was checking every container leaving and entering the terminal and onsite First Aid Officer. The job was very repetative but easier working with good people.
Hardest past of the job were 0430am starts but you missed all the traffic
Pros
No stress
Cons
Early starts
Looking for more hours and interstate and overseas work. Deal with prisoner movement from SA prisons to court or between prisons. Conduct hospital watches for prisoners who get sick. Work in courts in Adelaide to bring prisoners and sapol custody to court.
With a 4 on 4 off roster we were able to have time to visit family and friends (job was away from home).

The job involved access and egress control, scanning, vehicle searches

Management and co workers were enjoyable to work with and i have made some great friends

The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who would not follow the rules

The most enjoyable part of the job was co operating with my work mates which made for a happy and calm environment to work in
I was employed as a maritime guard and quickly advanced to supervisor then promoted to site manager.
I became a very professional leader/manager in this high profile area with a important role to maintain 36 staff communication with the client daily KPI profit/loss targets operational demand and to represent a positive and productive workforce for all parties involved.

I developed the site into a smooth and reliable operation to further any reference in the future to this prospective contractor.

The report with our company and clients was second to none.

The work culture and attitude was productive due to a positive work environment which in the long run produces a better operational standard.

The constant interaction for myself and the pressure to perform in this job was my goal and relationships with various companies and contractors made was my job satisfaction.

Unfortunately this contract finished but in 4 years I learned to be a more productive approachable leader and very much enjoyed the management level in the security industry.
Pros
high level of interaction
Cons
nil
Never is one day the same. I have great awareness of WH&S/OHS standards and requirements and outstanding customer relation skills and realize the value of clear communication, patience and flexibility in being a pro-active team member to achieve desired results. I am a very hard competent worker, who is a quick learner and welcome any further training.