G4S
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G4S Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,537 reviews

Good Training and fun team to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the work was working as a team and we would support each other at all times. Friendly atmosphere and if we happen to work in the weekends, we would definitely had BBQ's.

Very excited and fun workplace

It was good to know more about different types of security procedures having known during the induction week. We have had enough skills on how to attend to incidents as soon as possible with care and reliability.

Pros

Free drop offs and pick ups

Cons

Long house of work

G4S are more interested in achieving KPI’S and profit than Officers safety’s

The job itself is not physically or mentally hard in the day to day tick and flicks. The prisoners can be emotionally draining and needy and this becomes mentally draining on officers. The is some great comradeship but sadly there is also serious workplace bullying that often management allows as it keeps officers disunited allowing management all the control and they will leave you running short staffed to save a buck or have officers cover other people’s roles due to lack of staffing. Safety is definitely NOT G4S’s top priority. Prisoners have more rights than officers with no real consequences for poor prisoner behaviour other than a regime reduction. Prisons should never ever be run as a business!

Pros

3 days a week, 12 1/2hr shifts but lots of days off and annual leave

Cons

Management care more about KPI’s And budgets not staff safety

Never work here

I was bullied out of this company by my site supervisor because he hated females and he got rid of every female before me. He made my working life miserable and yet when I complained to upper management nothing was done.

Controlling deceitful management, Divisive workplace culture

Absolutely the worst company I have ever encounted! (Arrogant, Deciterful, Divisive, Manipulative, Controlling, lying, Covering Up) organizations!! Staff turnover is ridiculous!!!

fast paced working day

.working with prisoners and bailees on a daily basis, which includes reception duties, security checks searching and strip searching of prisoners. feeding duties and relocating of prisoners back to prison.

Tough and stressful

1.company can improve. 2.company can have shifts that balance work and family time.3 pay the employees their overtime,and pay queries. 4 give employees warm protective clothing during cold days and proper hard rain suits for raining days.5 improve low moral,credit hard workers with performance bonuses.

Buyer Beware

My husband had the misfortune of being employed for this company,through an acquisition with the United Healthcare contract who they obtained through low bidding the previous acquired company, He was the site supervisor the site he was on Which is a madhouse on a daily basis, from not having enough places for patients to park, reserved space for the whinny high school bad doctors that are employed there, to acts and threats of violence against the staff, and security always having to remove them, this place could use some improvement, as a supervisor for G4S, my husband endured so much on a daily basis, his immediate supervisor was an incompetent, spineless joke of a supervisor who clearly didn’t know what he was doing at all! My husband was fired because of an incident that started behind an elevator, and a conversation he had with the company who runs the security contract, where in his silence while being “reprimanded” he was deemed aggressive and was taken off the contract, and was supposed to be placed at another contract but had to go through 10 hour training that was to be done by email, he never received that email by the way. The Las Vegas staff are not good, who don’t know anything, truly a lack of management, HR is not stable and you no one ever answers the phone at the Las Vegas office, work for this company only if it is a last resort. You’ve been warned, they don’t appreciate anything you do!

Interesting with a lot of experience to learn from and build strength and have a certain perspective of the world too. I is a good company with a lot of expertise.

Pros

bonuse

Its a jail.

Some good staff, long hours, poor culture, poor staffing, poor management, packed full of resident criminals, generally a dangerous job... O.k. Pay for what it is.

Pros

No pros.

Cons

No life.

Jobs at G4S

See more jobs

Very Friendly and supportive team

Very Friendly and supportive team. high class professional environment. when it comes to handle any issue at work, the whole team is very supportive. love my job.

Difficult environment. Disheartening

Terrible place to work, work culture is negative, staff are vindictive with an abundance of gossip and blame. Hours are good in the sense that there is an abundance of days off given the 12.5 hours shifts, ample opportunity for overtime, income is average with job security compromised when company witch hunts for scapegoats. Private prisons are for profit, not staff safety. Actions to incidents are always reactive and not proactive. Many lazy and untrustworthy management which is a pity as there are many very good people working there. HR are non supportive and at times depending on who is in that position less than reliable. Get in make your money and get out. If you want to help people this job is not for you. Staff can be lazy leaving others with excessive workloads. Given this there are many exceptional staff willing to help and be supportive but with limited to no influence to either assist directly or change the culture and attitudes of those that make it a difficult environment. Worth a look, it may suit you and again it may not.

Horrible culture

No support from staff. Rude staff. Lots of rumors. Need the days off for your mental well being. The managers gossip as much as the regular staff. Very clicky enviroment.

Pros

Money and days off

Cons

No support and school yard environment

What I learnt

During my 10yrs of employment, I learnt to deal with a range of diverse people and issues that they faced... at times the job was extremely rewarding and other times very demanding. Not a bad place to work, management were not very well equipped in dealing with issues relating to difficulties with fellow colleagues.

Pros

Lot of time off

Cons

Poor Management

Contracts based, all Care and Justice

One of the better employees in this field. Limited number of contracts in the Care & Justice space, therefore few opportunities for advancement. If a contract is lost, employees are shed. Business has been in retrenchment recently, so culture has suffered a fair bit. They are now in a period of stability, so expect a more stabilised business in terms of culture and "feel". With the reduction in support staff, there is a lot of pressure on remaining staff to perform.

Great

Wonderful experience in total. great treatment of clients AND staff. would consider working there in future. great people and great care taken to employees

The day is hectic all day around

I love going to work as there is always a project to do. I always look forward to every day. Managing people is the most challenging part of my day. I embrace the challenge thus looking forward to everyday.

Pros

24 Hours On-call

Cons

No benefits

Global Security Company

on call 24/7 Working very long hours Working 6 - 7 days a week Very demanding job Company phone and Laptop Management constantly changing within the company

Toxic

Most toxic environment I've ever worked in. People in positions of responsibility have no integrity whatsoever. Good people regularly bullied out of the job while head office buries it's head in the sand and refuses to deal with those who bully and lie. Company values are just words without meaning at G4S.

Pros

Mon to Fri

Cons

Never know when you'll finish. No integrity, no leadership, double standards, buck passing, corrupt.

dull and unhumourous

were it within my power I would disallow companys like g4s and their ilk not to be granted operating rights in this country, they import a culture that denigrates the country they are in

Pros

employment

Cons

disgusting management

A complicated and demanding workplace

Just like what is written in the pros column. Good work life balance. A good group of staff also who look out for each other.

Pros

Great roster, long hours but time off to compensate and good money with over time

Cons

More focused on profit and cost cutting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K
3.8K
3.5K
1.6K
2.5K

• G4S
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?