G4S
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G4S Culture reviews

Clear
3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,607 reviews

Good Training and fun team to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the work was working as a team and we would support each other at all times. Friendly atmosphere and if we happen to work in the weekends, we would definitely had BBQ's.

Its a jail.

Some good staff, long hours, poor culture, poor staffing, poor management, packed full of resident criminals, generally a dangerous job... O.k. Pay for what it is.

Pros

No pros.

Cons

No life.

Very Friendly and supportive team

Very Friendly and supportive team. high class professional environment. when it comes to handle any issue at work, the whole team is very supportive. love my job.

Difficult environment. Disheartening

Terrible place to work, work culture is negative, staff are vindictive with an abundance of gossip and blame. Hours are good in the sense that there is an abundance of days off given the 12.5 hours shifts, ample opportunity for overtime, income is average with job security compromised when company witch hunts for scapegoats. Private prisons are for profit, not staff safety. Actions to incidents are always reactive and not proactive. Many lazy and untrustworthy management which is a pity as there are many very good people working there. HR are non supportive and at times depending on who is in that position less than reliable. Get in make your money and get out. If you want to help people this job is not for you. Staff can be lazy leaving others with excessive workloads. Given this there are many exceptional staff willing to help and be supportive but with limited to no influence to either assist directly or change the culture and attitudes of those that make it a difficult environment. Worth a look, it may suit you and again it may not.

Horrible culture

No support from staff. Rude staff. Lots of rumors. Need the days off for your mental well being. The managers gossip as much as the regular staff. Very clicky enviroment.

Pros

Money and days off

Cons

No support and school yard environment

Contracts based, all Care and Justice

One of the better employees in this field. Limited number of contracts in the Care & Justice space, therefore few opportunities for advancement. If a contract is lost, employees are shed. Business has been in retrenchment recently, so culture has suffered a fair bit. They are now in a period of stability, so expect a more stabilised business in terms of culture and "feel". With the reduction in support staff, there is a lot of pressure on remaining staff to perform.

Great

Wonderful experience in total. great treatment of clients AND staff. would consider working there in future. great people and great care taken to employees

dull and unhumourous

were it within my power I would disallow companys like g4s and their ilk not to be granted operating rights in this country, they import a culture that denigrates the country they are in

Pros

employment

Cons

disgusting management

private run jail

This role has changed since i departed can not make comment whilst i was there it had a great group of people working in HR many of which have moved on or to other parts of the organisation

Great work/life balance

With a 4 on 4 off roster we were able to have time to visit family and friends (job was away from home). The job involved access and egress control, scanning, vehicle searches Management and co workers were enjoyable to work with and i have made some great friends The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who would not follow the rules The most enjoyable part of the job was co operating with my work mates which made for a happy and calm environment to work in

Excellent work environment great support

I was employed as a maritime guard and quickly advanced to supervisor then promoted to site manager. I became a very professional leader/manager in this high profile area with a important role to maintain 36 staff communication with the client daily KPI profit/loss targets operational demand and to represent a positive and productive workforce for all parties involved. I developed the site into a smooth and reliable operation to further any reference in the future to this prospective contractor. The report with our company and clients was second to none. The work culture and attitude was productive due to a positive work environment which in the long run produces a better operational standard. The constant interaction for myself and the pressure to perform in this job was my goal and relationships with various companies and contractors made was my job satisfaction. Unfortunately this contract finished but in 4 years I learned to be a more productive approachable leader and very much enjoyed the management level in the security industry.

Pros

high level of interaction

Cons

nil

Interesting, satisfying, challenging

Challenging environment in which to work. I managed to maintain my honesty and integrity despite some of my colleagues.

productive

great work atmospheres pressure risk taken friendly co workers good management

Lacking management, processess asnd procedures

Not the place I was lead to believe it was. Lacked of Management, lacked cooperation of staff, lacked skilled/trained /wualified staff.

Pros

Nil

Cons

No management, no processes in place and no procedures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K