G4S
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G4S Management reviews

Clear
3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,598 reviews

Global Security Company

on call 24/7 Working very long hours Working 6 - 7 days a week Very demanding job Company phone and Laptop Management constantly changing within the company

G4S are more interested in achieving KPI’S and profit than Officers safety’s

The job itself is not physically or mentally hard in the day to day tick and flicks. The prisoners can be emotionally draining and needy and this becomes mentally draining on officers. The is some great comradeship but sadly there is also serious workplace bullying that often management allows as it keeps officers disunited allowing management all the control and they will leave you running short staffed to save a buck or have officers cover other people’s roles due to lack of staffing. Safety is definitely NOT G4S’s top priority. Prisoners have more rights than officers with no real consequences for poor prisoner behaviour other than a regime reduction. Prisons should never ever be run as a business!

Pros

3 days a week, 12 1/2hr shifts but lots of days off and annual leave

Cons

Management care more about KPI’s And budgets not staff safety

Never work here

I was bullied out of this company by my site supervisor because he hated females and he got rid of every female before me. He made my working life miserable and yet when I complained to upper management nothing was done.

Controlling deceitful management, Divisive workplace culture

Absolutely the worst company I have ever encounted! (Arrogant, Deciterful, Divisive, Manipulative, Controlling, lying, Covering Up) organizations!! Staff turnover is ridiculous!!!

Buyer Beware

My husband had the misfortune of being employed for this company,through an acquisition with the United Healthcare contract who they obtained through low bidding the previous acquired company, He was the site supervisor the site he was on Which is a madhouse on a daily basis, from not having enough places for patients to park, reserved space for the whinny high school bad doctors that are employed there, to acts and threats of violence against the staff, and security always having to remove them, this place could use some improvement, as a supervisor for G4S, my husband endured so much on a daily basis, his immediate supervisor was an incompetent, spineless joke of a supervisor who clearly didn’t know what he was doing at all! My husband was fired because of an incident that started behind an elevator, and a conversation he had with the company who runs the security contract, where in his silence while being “reprimanded” he was deemed aggressive and was taken off the contract, and was supposed to be placed at another contract but had to go through 10 hour training that was to be done by email, he never received that email by the way. The Las Vegas staff are not good, who don’t know anything, truly a lack of management, HR is not stable and you no one ever answers the phone at the Las Vegas office, work for this company only if it is a last resort. You’ve been warned, they don’t appreciate anything you do!

Its a jail.

Some good staff, long hours, poor culture, poor staffing, poor management, packed full of resident criminals, generally a dangerous job... O.k. Pay for what it is.

Pros

No pros.

Cons

No life.

Difficult environment. Disheartening

Terrible place to work, work culture is negative, staff are vindictive with an abundance of gossip and blame. Hours are good in the sense that there is an abundance of days off given the 12.5 hours shifts, ample opportunity for overtime, income is average with job security compromised when company witch hunts for scapegoats. Private prisons are for profit, not staff safety. Actions to incidents are always reactive and not proactive. Many lazy and untrustworthy management which is a pity as there are many very good people working there. HR are non supportive and at times depending on who is in that position less than reliable. Get in make your money and get out. If you want to help people this job is not for you. Staff can be lazy leaving others with excessive workloads. Given this there are many exceptional staff willing to help and be supportive but with limited to no influence to either assist directly or change the culture and attitudes of those that make it a difficult environment. Worth a look, it may suit you and again it may not.

What I learnt

During my 10yrs of employment, I learnt to deal with a range of diverse people and issues that they faced... at times the job was extremely rewarding and other times very demanding. Not a bad place to work, management were not very well equipped in dealing with issues relating to difficulties with fellow colleagues.

Pros

Lot of time off

Cons

Poor Management

Toxic

Most toxic environment I've ever worked in. People in positions of responsibility have no integrity whatsoever. Good people regularly bullied out of the job while head office buries it's head in the sand and refuses to deal with those who bully and lie. Company values are just words without meaning at G4S.

Pros

Mon to Fri

Cons

Never know when you'll finish. No integrity, no leadership, double standards, buck passing, corrupt.

dull and unhumourous

were it within my power I would disallow companys like g4s and their ilk not to be granted operating rights in this country, they import a culture that denigrates the country they are in

Pros

employment

Cons

disgusting management

Great work/life balance

With a 4 on 4 off roster we were able to have time to visit family and friends (job was away from home). The job involved access and egress control, scanning, vehicle searches Management and co workers were enjoyable to work with and i have made some great friends The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who would not follow the rules The most enjoyable part of the job was co operating with my work mates which made for a happy and calm environment to work in

Excellent work environment great support

I was employed as a maritime guard and quickly advanced to supervisor then promoted to site manager. I became a very professional leader/manager in this high profile area with a important role to maintain 36 staff communication with the client daily KPI profit/loss targets operational demand and to represent a positive and productive workforce for all parties involved. I developed the site into a smooth and reliable operation to further any reference in the future to this prospective contractor. The report with our company and clients was second to none. The work culture and attitude was productive due to a positive work environment which in the long run produces a better operational standard. The constant interaction for myself and the pressure to perform in this job was my goal and relationships with various companies and contractors made was my job satisfaction. Unfortunately this contract finished but in 4 years I learned to be a more productive approachable leader and very much enjoyed the management level in the security industry.

Pros

high level of interaction

Cons

nil

productive and fun to work with

as I had different management I was always shown and given advised, also told if I was doing well. it was a pleasure working with the management I had then.

Pros

being told how well your doing

Cons

there weren't any

very productive

the day was always busy which I liked. my officers were good to work with. the hardest thing was to make upper management understand there budget as they don't tender right for there contracts. most enjoyable was seeing the guards I trained do so well.

Pros

seeing what i implemented go well

Cons

never getting told how well your doing

one of the most stressful unrewarding job you could have

control and restraints of prisoners and be a concealer. How to be in control of any major incidents. Management don't understand the job and do not deal with major situations.Every one is stressed,dealing with people who self harm people coming down from drugs,alcohol,the best part is when you meet a prisoner after and they thank you

Cons

always on edge dealing with people with infectous diseases

productive

great work atmospheres pressure risk taken friendly co workers good management

Lacking management, processess asnd procedures

Not the place I was lead to believe it was. Lacked of Management, lacked cooperation of staff, lacked skilled/trained /wualified staff.

Pros

Nil

Cons

No management, no processes in place and no procedures

Great culture, close working relationship with staff.

My days could not be any more different to one another. The best part of the job is that I do not know what to expect on any given day, which gives me the more incentive to come into work wanting to learn more and more.The Management team are extremely helpful and realise a person's potential.My co-worker have become more than friends that look out for me and assist me with any query I might have. I felt at home from day one on the job.The hardest part of my job is managing expectations of 120 staff members, and maintaining a consistency for my approach towards the different personalities that I come accross on a daily basis.

Pros

company size

Cons

tight budget restraints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K
3.8K
3.5K
1.6K
2.5K

• G4S
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?