G4S
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G4S Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.2Work–Life Balance
3.1Pay & Benefits

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,601 reviews

Tough and stressful

1.company can improve. 2.company can have shifts that balance work and family time.3 pay the employees their overtime,and pay queries. 4 give employees warm protective clothing during cold days and proper hard rain suits for raining days.5 improve low moral,credit hard workers with performance bonuses.

Interesting with a lot of experience to learn from and build strength and have a certain perspective of the world too. I is a good company with a lot of expertise.

Pros

bonuse

Its a jail.

Some good staff, long hours, poor culture, poor staffing, poor management, packed full of resident criminals, generally a dangerous job... O.k. Pay for what it is.

Pros

No pros.

Cons

No life.

The day is hectic all day around

I love going to work as there is always a project to do. I always look forward to every day. Managing people is the most challenging part of my day. I embrace the challenge thus looking forward to everyday.

Pros

24 Hours On-call

Cons

No benefits

Global Security Company

on call 24/7 Working very long hours Working 6 - 7 days a week Very demanding job Company phone and Laptop Management constantly changing within the company

A complicated and demanding workplace

Just like what is written in the pros column. Good work life balance. A good group of staff also who look out for each other.

Pros

Great roster, long hours but time off to compensate and good money with over time

Cons

More focused on profit and cost cutting

Working with a good team

I worked 12 hour shifts, four days four days off. I learned how complex a container terminal is to operate. The job was checking every container leaving and entering the terminal and onsite First Aid Officer. The job was very repetative but easier working with good people. Hardest past of the job were 0430am starts but you missed all the traffic

Pros

No stress

Cons

Early starts

Productive. Industry Leader

This was a Company committed to the Ambulance industry. It had a keen interest in the educational advancement of it's on-road employees with in incentives to scholarships.

Pros

Education

Cons

Rotating shifts. Common to industry

one of the most stressful unrewarding job you could have

control and restraints of prisoners and be a concealer. How to be in control of any major incidents. Management don't understand the job and do not deal with major situations.Every one is stressed,dealing with people who self harm people coming down from drugs,alcohol,the best part is when you meet a prisoner after and they thank you

Cons

always on edge dealing with people with infectous diseases

Team players....

If I was to say what my typical day was I would have to say, it can be a rewarding job, unfortunately we are currently under staffed and overworked. My co-workers and myself make a great team and normally can have a good feel about it, The hardest part of my job is trying to balance my family life and my work life.

Pros

The people

Cons

Long hours.

No two days were the same

Working in a prison is challenging, sometimes exciting, sometimes routine but never dull. You learn a lot about yourself and what is important to you and see the extremes of life. The people you work with are the best of all and you make friends like you would never find anywhere else. Your safety and even your life can rely on your colleagues and although you don't always get on with everyone you learn to respect them, admire their strengths and be aware of their weaknesses.

Pros

Long shifts but less days, good money, more holidays and sick leave than the average job

Cons

Those days you would rather be anywhere else, not for the faint hearted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K