G8 Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G8 Education Employee Reviews

Australia142 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

If the team are in the industry for the right reasons then g8 Centers can be a great place to work

I worked as a Center manager in Sydney, a rewarding and responsible role,demands with regards to reporting to head office were forever increasing so took up a lot of time when priority should have been more focused on team motivation and wellbeing. Luckily I had a great team to lead and it was a great place to work overall

Pros

Childcare discounts

Cons

Amount of Paperwork

Don't Bother Waste Of Time

Don't bother working for g8 they dont care about their staff they treat you bad, they dont give you money to get more resources for your room. Very stressful upper management dont care aswell. if your child attends the centre they expect you to be a staff first, you only get higher offers if your friends with the director.

Pros

Children and Family

Cons

High expectations and cost cutting

Just don't do it. They provide great rewards to override everything else they want you to do, including cost cutting, not providing resources the educators need to do their job, under the roof ratio used unfairly across the centre.

Lovely centre to work at, well set up.

Highly stressed workplace for some of us. Team work well there were a lot of I's in the teams. I totally enjoyed my job and was good at it, but circumstances had me leaving the place where I actually loved to work. I missed my kids

Pros

Working with the children and parents.

Cons

Lots of hours and not a lot of time for programming and having to provide, purchase own resources

Good management, quality life work balance friendly and supportive staff job security (permanent full time)

Staffs are friendly and supportive in my centre (Scarborough Park) the quality of work is balanced, children attending the centre as well as their families are also very nice, benefits are good secured job and advancement is also good trainings are given and support in your work when needed or asked

Pros

Free trainings and seminars and support for staff members extended to our family when in need

Initially was a good place to work but covid took its toll

Over worked and underpaid. After 16 months of long hours working from home there was an instant expectation to return to work, conveyed in an email. Then they let some stay home…not consistent. Different rules for different folks. We were not appreciated in payroll

Cons

Parking

Terrible company to work for

Was working at g8 for 2 years will never work their again you are just a number with this company the managers are Terrible and care more about their hair and nail appointments then the staff my workplace went through 15 staff in 2 years if they lasted more than a week.

Pros

Cons

The company

I learned lot of teaching strategies with other educators like giving directions, questioning, challenging children, praising, Distract……

I love working for G8. My great memories were in G8 childcare centre in Roseville and Wynyard. I worked from casual to lead educator. I had great bosses. I learned lot from other educators and ECT about teaching…

Pros

Lot of benefit

Worse place possible

The only positive were the beautiful children and lovely families. This company is money driven and does not care about the staff nor the families which pay top dollar for their children to be cared for. There is only a handful of professional, caring staff and the rest of the employed work as crowd control.Children's meals are appalling as is the so called resources.I do not recommend working for this company and highly recommend families look and research very carefully when they make their ultimate choice for a learning service.

Pros

Children and families

Cons

Regret, wasting of 3 years of my life, Terrible working environment. Management had no understanding of the stress I endured.

I'm happy I'm out my manager was toxic and my colleagues good.

I didn't enjoy my experience at g8 education it started ok with incursions/ toys for children but went downwards. For teachers it was toxic with no praise given for all the work done. Lots of unpaid programming time. The managers always in the office and no relationships formed with the staff such as are you ok? Staff meeting almost non existent. Lacks toys/ incursions for the children. Pessimistic boss who throws the educator under the bus.

Pros

Free lunch and you get paid

Cons

Long hours worked every lunch break

Incompetent management, uncaring educators

Centre manager only cares about themselves and reaching their targets. Very poor organisational skills.Rude to parents and staff. Has no people skills. Some staff are lazy and find any excuse to be off the floor. Basically you are not appreciated and just treated as a number for ratios. Although they pay according to the award they struggle to give the breaks you are entitled to in the award.I have worked for other organisations that value their staff so much more.

Cons

No recognition, no review process, no salary review

After 10 years of service some recognition wouldn't go a stray. There was no salary review or opportunity for advancement. Management is rude, unapproachable and only concerned about their KPIs. I am so glad to be working for another company where i have received more recognition in my first 2 months than i did in 10 years at G8

Cons

Too many to list

Productive and fun place to work

Staff are so lovely and friendly! Very nice ,creative ,inspired clean environment! Feel reflex to work with the team ! The leaders are very kind to help new staff!

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Demanding and micro-managing. Manager and Lead Educators abusive.

When the manager interviewed me at the start, she asked me how is my English. I replied, I have no problem and in fact I have worked in an office environment before. She acted surprised and rudely asked, "How did that happen?!!" whilst shuffling through my CV. I should have turned around that time.. Lead educators often disappear with excuses like, "I have to check something quick" or "I have to talk to *manager* about something" When you pass by the office, they panic and starts talking about other things related to the centre. They leave the workload to the supporting staff. When it is their time to do an activity, they do something unmotivating activity then copy-pastes their old diary entry. Area manager comes often to "check" on things around. She goes one time around the centre(most often not even the whole centre) then sits back in the office with the centre manager to continue their blatant gossiping. G8 and managers are focused on the health of their circle of friends. ALWAYS throwing a party or "meeting" in the centre. Meanwhile, we, the staff, who work the hard work are not supported and dumped with more and more paperwork. Not enough time to finish anything!! When nothing is finished, they come back and tells us that, "You have to do this. Why are you not doing this?" If you tell them not enough time or staff, the answer is always the same: "I am trying to find one". The amount of paperwork is also astounding, it is micro-managing everybody. That is not how you improve the centre. Support your staff--not through filling more unnecessary documents--reward -

Pros

Lovely co-workers, Nice families

Cons

Over ratio, unsupported staff, lots of gossips, micro managing, paperwork

stressful work place

worked here for years , company doesnt respect you or the children only care about the income. Always over ratioed under staff, company protects their assets more then their staff

Pros

kids

Cons

everything

Go elsewhere!!!

Forced into using all leave entitlements during COVIDs first wave, now second time around we have no leave and they’re cutting hours with no pay. They don’t care about their employees at all. Prior to COVID - not rewarded for any extra hours put in, given minimal programming time, no training time & not reimbursed for resources brought - stingy & tight & management are snooty & ignore floor staff- the ones who actually do the hard work !!

Pros

The children

Cons

The whole compny

Avoid!

Avoid G8 Penrith at all cost! Management and leadership is extremely poor. They reward gossiping and harassment. Wages are bare minimum and you are not given time or resources to fulfil your job requirements. There is no communication from management and you aren’t treated like a person, just a number.

Pros

The children and floor staff

Not a supportive workplace

Spent several years with the company, got promised plenty of opportunities and salary packages. After working as hard as I could do excel in my career I continued to get knocked back and treated like a number.

Profit, profit, profit

They put on a front that they are all about professional development and bettering their team and their knowledge but they don't do it at all. You are pressured, to make sure you meet their targets and if you don't goodluck.

G8 Prioritise all the wrong things

I found Working for G8 Education to be a stressful and thankless job. Management expect lots of unpaid overtime in an already underpaid industry. Lots of cutting corners to the benefit of profit at the expense of children, families and employees of the centers.

Wasn’t happy

All I can say is, profit means everything. Educators and children aren’t a priority. Not enough money invested into services. Too much focus on spending money creating new services rather than taking care of existing ones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G8 Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• G8 Education