G8 Education Employee Reviews

Money human company
Educator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 October 2018
G8 education is a profit driven company, with extreme amounts of pressure put on centre managers, from head office, to meet certain numbers surrounding occupancy and budgets.
This pressure is felt by all 'educators' who work on the floor, to meet unattainable expectations set by operations managers and stressed centre managers.
As educators you are rarely given time off the floor to plan or complete the programming cycle (obs, learning stories etc) just told to "find the time" during the day even though there are no spare staff, so you have to ignore the children to get obs, daily reflection, uploading photos etc done during the day. And these are expectations of your job role. So be ready to be stressed by being surrounded by crying children, not being able to comfort them because you have to get this paper work done in the day with minimal to no support from management.
Not child focused or child lead AT ALL. If you adore children and want to be apart of their learning journey, do not work for G8 education. It will kill your passion and make you lose hope in the childcare industry.
Pros
You'll get plenty of shifts because they're always losing staff
Cons
You will be sucked dry of any passion you have left for early childhood education
Official response from G8 Education
10 October 2018

Thank you for your review. Our Educators are at the heart of everything we do and we highly value the contribution they make to the lives of our families and children.

I am truly sorry you had a negative experience as part of our team. I can assure you that your feedback is taken seriously and will be considered in
future planning. We continually aspire to deliver a fulfilling and positive environment for our teams to grow their careers and provide quality early education to children across Australia.

Horrible place for educators
Assistant Educator (Current Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC1 October 2018
I have been working in a G8 education center as an Assistant Educator in Narre Warren VIC for 2 months. The room leader in pre toddler room is bossy and does not know how to communicate gently with other educators. She blames other educators in front of colleagues and laughs at them. She laughs at children too. She is rude to me always. I am stressed because of her verbal harassment.

This center has not enough resources such as toys. Children are bored always.

I am totally disappointed with this center and searching for another center.
Official response from G8 Education
14 October 2018

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry you have had a negative experience as part of our team. I can assure you that your comments are taken seriously and we will follow up promptly with the Centre Manager and Area Manager. We aspire to deliver a fulfilling and positive environment for our teams to grow their careers and provide quality early education to our children. Our Educators are at the heart of everything we do and we highly value the contribution you make to the lives of our families and children.

If you are willing to provide further feedback please reach out to us at employeerelations@g8education.edu.au.

Casual Assistant Educator
Assistant Educator (Former Employee) –  Sale VIC12 August 2018
I worked for 3 or 4 months for a G8 center, there was no room for career advancement. During the hiring process the Center Director told me she was interested in hiring me for the 3-5 room as an assistant for 4 to 5 days a week, I was then placed as a casual and worked mostly in the babies and toddler rooms with the odd floater shifts. The center Director then hired trainee's while I was there to work in the 3-5 year old room.
Staff moral was so low that I felt each day I worked there that the staff and the center environment drained my positive attitude.

G8 isn't a company I would recommend working for.
Cons
no career advancement, low moral, poor environment
Reading,Movies and outing.
Assistant educator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 June 2018
I believe this company has the ability to giving the first best five years of our feature generation, G8 is known for their good relationship with family.
Pros
Jobs opportunity
Cons
stable working hours
Work ANYWHERE but a G8 centre
Part time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 April 2018
I worked at a G8 centre for over a year. It was a year of absolute horror. The centre was disorganised and the children were ignored or treated horribly. Management all the way up to the area manager are only focused on the dollar signs. They do not care about the children or families and even less about the employees.
Pay is terrible! No chance of advancement, no incentives to do well, no encouragement or motivation.
My time at the centre was emotionally draining and disheartening.
Apply with any other company. Seriously anything is better than G8!
Pros
Cons
Every single thing
Sad for Australia to have a early childhood sector like this
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 March 2018
I am a causal teacher and worked in various G8 centres. The company is only after money and to pass accreditation. Staff wear beautiful nice neat uniforms, but nothing else. They r not experienced and has limited knowledge , some r only kids themselves. Young staff has no proper mentor in the workplace, and always work over ratios. On top of this tight ratio , I don’t even understand why they need to fill up som crazy ratio chart (to know better of keeping minimum ratios?). For the company to have maximum profit, they draw staff away from
Children for cleaning tasks. Parents think the staff make the centres nice and clean, but they don’t know the cost is actually on them. Early education sector is getting more regulated yearly, but there r still many conditions should be put in places where centres won’t cut corners and provide the best possible care for our younger generation.
Nightmare
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 March 2018
At the end of the day it is all about money and shareholders. On one day alone I did 5 hours unpaid in centre overtime. Everyday we were over ratio and everyday we were pushed to the brink with tasks that the children really missed out.
Overall, this company NEEDS to go.
Pros
Lots of jobs (because no one wants them)
enjoying
Assistant Educator (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA22 December 2017
I love to be with kids , thats is the main reason I temporarily changed my occupation. Furthr its interesting to teach the kids daily about some thing new.
Great place to work!
Lead Educator (Former Employee) –  Carnegie VIC13 September 2017
This was one of the greatest centres I have ever worked in. From day one manager, staff and families welcomed me with open arms which made it very easy for me to settle in! I had an amazing manager who knew my goals and made them happen, I was constantly moving up the ladder and became a lead educator within months of working there. I made really strong bonds with the team, families and the children and was very sad to let my role go! I will definitely work for G8 again and hope that one day I can return to the same centre.
Pros
The staff & families are amazing!
Good people
Payroll Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD29 August 2017
Good People, very ridge is some aspects, not receptive to some changes outside the normal process, some job functions miss-aligned with the business process.
Pros
great effort to look after staff
Cons
salary

Want to know more about G8 Education?

Ask a question
Very wonderful place to work, all the staffs are helpful and friendly and easy to work with.
Early Childhood Educator (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Merrylands NSW8 August 2017
I have been working with this company since last 2 years. I find this place very nice. Feels like second home to me. Understanding director. Helpful co-workers. Everyday I am learning new things from my senior educators.
They respect and value the culture. Equality is the first priority of this place.
Children comes first. Taking care of them, teaching them, make them feel comfortable and confident so that they can be good human being in the future is the philosophy.
Welcoming parents. Make them think and feel happy that they are not leaving their child in strangers hand.
Over all I would like to say the best place ever that I have worked with.
Pros
10 mins paid lunch breaks, 50% discount to permanent staffs child
Cons
Some time have to stay back an hour or 45 mins in order to balance the ratio
natural and safe environment, great training opportunities
Casual Educator (Current Employee) –  Vaucluse NSW15 May 2017
I assisted the group leader educator in coordinating the experiences of the group of children. I worked with my colleagues to create a friendly, secure, collaborative and stimulating environment ensuring the achievement of each child’s learning objectives.
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  QLD11 May 2017
Supportive company when needing to transfer centres both intrastate and interstare.
Demanding work but very rewarding when children say your name or come to you when upset.
Pros
Interactions with children
Cons
Demanding job
Supportive and rewarding culture!
Support Office (Current Employee) –  Support Office22 February 2017
A fantastic company to start your career.

Everyone is very supportive and the employee benefits are incredible.

Thank you G8 Education for everything!!
Pros
Cons
N/a
Fun learning and teamwork
Assistant Educator (Current Employee) –  Perth8 February 2017
I enjoy working with G8 company , we work together as a teamwork I work hard to meet the needs of the children and for the G8 education. And would love to continue working in the furure
casual assistant educator (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD7 February 2017
was a great place to work but as a casual employee its not enough hours looking for something more secure maybe like permanent partime
or fulltime
Pros
good centre manager
Cons
not enough hours
Fun
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 February 2017
Was a great centre and I enjoyed working for g8 education I found them supportive and lovely people. They put a lot of effort into their centre and always supported their staff
Get greed out of childcare!
Permanent part time educator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2017
G8 is a great example of the frankly disgusting culture of milking parents of money while sitting on a billion dollar business that cares nothing about staff and children, but only about money and shareholders. As a G8 employee I have gained nothing- we pay for everything, all training, work shirts, unpaid overtime, unpaid meetings (you're not a "team player" if you don 't attend)- working at home unpaid because time is not given to do it at work hours. If you don't do these things for free you are constantly threatened to be reprimanded in various ways. They cut staff to bare minimum so we are constantly having to 'fake' the numbers so we are in ratio, even though we are not. We are forced to be the cooks because they don't want to spend the money on a real cook when they quit (with staff to child ratio way over), and until very recently we were the only cleaners as well. Meaning for years we had to leave the children and a staff member by themselves to do cleaning that should have been done by professionals (cleaning that is not included in our daily duties). They don't want to hire staff that are educated due to 'higher' costs (average cost 22 AUD p/h, less than a cashier at Coles) and asking experienced university trained staff to go because they don't want to pay them their rates which are incredibly low in any regards (34AUD p/h with 4 years university training and 14 years experience). Their company motto is 'your child is our priority' - change the word 'child' with 'money' and you would be more correct. Profit and childrens well being DO NOT go hand in hand, it's a  more... dangerous gamble with precious, priceless lives.

The lack of appreciation, poor treatment and ridiculously low wages for child care educators (mainly women of course) is not just an issue within G8 and its branches- it's a problem
troughout the nation.
Pros
Lovely collegues
Cons
The whole business model and treament and disregard of staff, children and parents
Working in a childcare environment
Childcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 November 2016
A day in childcare is always enjoyable and very rewarding, sometimes it is also about teaching parent's with child's behaviour. The hardest part of the job is having to work long hours and also having to clean the whole entire centre.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
Physically and mentally draining
Great company to work for
Educator (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD27 September 2016
They have been working very hard to get a supportive network and to form a brilliant culture.

They are getting better and better, as they progress.

They congratulate you on areas that you improve in, and support you if you need it.

I would recommend G8 education to any family or friend looking for work, or even for care.
Pros
Supportive, improving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G8 Education. Our community is ready to answer.