G8 Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G8 Education Employee Reviews

Australia125 reviews
Childcare is hard, if you don't have the right team, managers or support it dosnt work, don't put work before your health, it will defeat you. Put your heart and soul into it but don't let it rule you.
Spent several years with the company, got promised plenty of opportunities and salary packages. After working as hard as I could do excel in my career I continued to get knocked back and treated like a number.
They put on a front that they are all about professional development and bettering their team and their knowledge but they don't do it at all. You are pressured, to make sure you meet their targets and if you don't goodluck.
I found Working for G8 Education to be a stressful and thankless job. Management expect lots of unpaid overtime in an already underpaid industry. Lots of cutting corners to the benefit of profit at the expense of children, families and employees of the centers.
All I can say is, profit means everything. Educators and children aren’t a priority. Not enough money invested into services. Too much focus on spending money creating new services rather than taking care of existing ones.
From start of my employment to the finish of it i had enjoyed g8 in my centre very well as they provided great training and support throughout and has awesome benefits as well.
Payroll & HR were disgusting to deal with, the area manager didn’t return phone calls to discuss problems within the centre. Dirty centre that they expect staff to clean at the end of the day instead of cleaners doing a centre clean. I don’t recommend working for this company.
5 January 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We continually strive to provide a workplace where both our people and children thrive and feel valued, and will take on board your feedback.
G8 is a great company to work for. I really enjoy the friendliness of centre managers when they visit the centre. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends you make with staff and also the partnerships with families and their children.
24 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we are delighted that you have found working at G8 such a positive experience.
They put a lot of stress and pressure on their Centre Managers. Unless you have an amazing Area Manager you will not be supported. Training is given way to late into starting role. There is a lot of unnecessary paperwork for centre managers which creates a micro managing atmosphere aimed at making money. They are a publicly listed company, so if they are not meeting their promises to share holders prepare to be ball busted even if you are at 100% occupancy.
10 November 2019
Centre Managers do bear a heavy responsibility which is why we encourage all our valued employees to reach out if they are struggling to cope or feel unsupported. The paperwork burden is part and parcel of the child care sector which we accept as part of the efforts to drive quality outcomes for the children who are always our priority. We wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavours.
they don't care about staff or children only profits and don't care if their educators are able to care for children only if they're qualified to the minimum standard.
I have worked with G8 Education for 7 years now and have had an amazing experience with them.

Starting out as an Assistant Educator, Lead Educator and now Assistant Centre Manager.

The best thing about working for G8 Education would have to be the team experiences and advancement opportunities.

I 100% believe you would love to be employed with G8 Education!
I am working in Community Kids Narre Warren Center as a casual educator. I work there for 2-3 days per week. I am not comfortable when I work with some permanent staff as they always laugh at me and talk behind my back. There is a cert 3 educator in pre-toddler room, she always demands me to do cleaning work. One day she told me that casuals should work more because casuals are paid more and threatened me to do 2 nappy rounds. She does nothing in the room except ordering other staff members to do this and that. I hate this room because of this educator. Some of the educators in this center are good at bullying. I hate to work there.
This is a money making factory. Plain and simple. The children's education and welfare does not take priority above this. One example educator getting bully by other educator and management not address the complied , why because management is friends with the educator who has been bully 50% of the service and nothing was done everything is cover . They will not hesitate to be rude, demeaning, cut your shifts etc should you not follow every demand made by them.
Do not be fooled, there is no education happening here, just bells and whistles. Avoid like the plague. But is ok two sister working together as management in the office and is full time position for both them . 2ic left because g8 education couldn't afford to have to person in the office but one she left the offer full time position to her relative how that is ok . And yes is true you not need to person to run the service one is enough . Also having family member working together that cause issues with other educator why because in this service the both sister always are taking holiday together 3 time are year how this is allow ,??? Also is not looking good in front for the families in the service having management always away in holiday and not management went they need them i believe if the both want to work as management and take family vacation they need to be working in other service separated for each other and then they can have all the holiday they want.

Also is a poor respect for culture in this service and i know g8 education have many complied but nothing has been done . Has high staff turnover rate,
 - more...
I've been working for G8 for over 2 years now and I've lost so much of my passion for the childcare industry. All the company cares about is money and not at all about it's staff or children. Our centre is so run down, we have mould in the bathrooms and cracked tiles, the tiles are slippery but we were told we "don't need a new bathroom". We've been waiting on shade sails for 3 years with no luck, we keep getting knocked back even though we have no shade in our outdoor area so in summer if it's above 27° we can't take the children outside. Absolutely do not work for this company and do not send your children here. The staff I work with are all lovely, but upper management and the company itself are horrible.
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Money hungry, dont care abour safety, or education of children.
Love the managers inducion
We love the in house training

Ect that are shared with all in Australia

Area managers that share ect is great and very informative

We love the pay rate
Pros
Lovely culture of care and share
Cons
Nill
Awesome company to work for. Brilliant rewards program for all staff members. Fantastic opportunities to progress your career further. Have worked with G8 for over 5 years.
The benefits working for G8 Education definitely outweigh the bad. Large company support with department knowledge to help you achieve those tasks that can be overwhelming as an individual. I like that the company has big ideas and strives to improve for the children we educate.
Pros
Specialised department support
Cons
Wide spread company, working on feeling connected
Amazing opportunities to grow and advance passionate people t make a difference in ECEC.
In a changing climate of early childhood; you are supported to deliver effective leadership and quality education and care to shape generations now and next. People and culture is a big focus for us.
Pros
Great network to learn and grow
Work with Great people and have endless opportunities to grow. A good work life balance which allows me to enjoy work and spend time with family.....
Enjoyable, and engaging company with ongoing support and developmental opportunities to further progress my own desired learning and developmental pathways.
Pros
Supportive of environment
Cons
Long hou s
My work days are never the same they are always fun, fast paced and exciting. I enjoy going to centres to see the amazing opportunities we provide to the families and children. I love seeing educators being able to progress in their careers in the company.