G8 Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G8 Education Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

I'm happy I'm out my manager was toxic and my colleagues good.

I didn't enjoy my experience at g8 education it started ok with incursions/ toys for children but went downwards. For teachers it was toxic with no praise given for all the work done. Lots of unpaid programming time. The managers always in the office and no relationships formed with the staff such as are you ok? Staff meeting almost non existent. Lacks toys/ incursions for the children. Pessimistic boss who throws the educator under the bus.

Pros

Free lunch and you get paid

Cons

Long hours worked every lunch break

Worse place possible

The only positive were the beautiful children and lovely families. This company is money driven and does not care about the staff nor the families which pay top dollar for their children to be cared for. There is only a handful of professional, caring staff and the rest of the employed work as crowd control.Children's meals are appalling as is the so called resources.I do not recommend working for this company and highly recommend families look and research very carefully when they make their ultimate choice for a learning service.

Pros

Children and families

Cons

Regret, wasting of 3 years of my life, Terrible working environment. Management had no understanding of the stress I endured.

Undervalue staff and no job growth

Kept as an assistant educator but was completing tasks that higher up staff should have done for three years. No pay increase based on performance only on government increases. Higher management focus on numbers rather than individual staff and it can be hard to improve the centre due to lack of funding. Overall a good place to learn but not a good place to stay as you are not compensated for the amount of work you do.

Pros

Good job security for the most part even during covid

Cons

Underpaid, no job growth, completing others work as some staff seem unmotivated, no support in regard to professional development and team building

Incompetent management, uncaring educators

Centre manager only cares about themselves and reaching their targets. Very poor organisational skills.Rude to parents and staff. Has no people skills. Some staff are lazy and find any excuse to be off the floor. Basically you are not appreciated and just treated as a number for ratios. Although they pay according to the award they struggle to give the breaks you are entitled to in the award.I have worked for other organisations that value their staff so much more.

Cons

No recognition, no review process, no salary review

After 10 years of service some recognition wouldn't go a stray. There was no salary review or opportunity for advancement. Management is rude, unapproachable and only concerned about their KPIs. I am so glad to be working for another company where i have received more recognition in my first 2 months than i did in 10 years at G8

Cons

Too many to list

Productive and fun place to work

Staff are so lovely and friendly! Very nice ,creative ,inspired clean environment! Feel reflex to work with the team ! The leaders are very kind to help new staff!

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Demanding and micro-managing. Manager and Lead Educators abusive.

When the manager interviewed me at the start, she asked me how is my English. I replied, I have no problem and in fact I have worked in an office environment before. She acted surprised and rudely asked, "How did that happen?!!" whilst shuffling through my CV. I should have turned around that time.. Lead educators often disappear with excuses like, "I have to check something quick" or "I have to talk to *manager* about something" When you pass by the office, they panic and starts talking about other things related to the centre. They leave the workload to the supporting staff. When it is their time to do an activity, they do something unmotivating activity then copy-pastes their old diary entry. Area manager comes often to "check" on things around. She goes one time around the centre(most often not even the whole centre) then sits back in the office with the centre manager to continue their blatant gossiping. G8 and managers are focused on the health of their circle of friends. ALWAYS throwing a party or "meeting" in the centre. Meanwhile, we, the staff, who work the hard work are not supported and dumped with more and more paperwork. Not enough time to finish anything!! When nothing is finished, they come back and tells us that, "You have to do this. Why are you not doing this?" If you tell them not enough time or staff, the answer is always the same: "I am trying to find one". The amount of paperwork is also astounding, it is micro-managing everybody. That is not how you improve the centre. Support your staff--not through filling more unnecessary documents--reward -

Pros

Lovely co-workers, Nice families

Cons

Over ratio, unsupported staff, lots of gossips, micro managing, paperwork

stressful work place

worked here for years , company doesnt respect you or the children only care about the income. Always over ratioed under staff, company protects their assets more then their staff

Pros

kids

Cons

everything

Go elsewhere!!!

Forced into using all leave entitlements during COVIDs first wave, now second time around we have no leave and they’re cutting hours with no pay. They don’t care about their employees at all. Prior to COVID - not rewarded for any extra hours put in, given minimal programming time, no training time & not reimbursed for resources brought - stingy & tight & management are snooty & ignore floor staff- the ones who actually do the hard work !!

Pros

The children

Cons

The whole compny

Avoid!

Avoid G8 Penrith at all cost! Management and leadership is extremely poor. They reward gossiping and harassment. Wages are bare minimum and you are not given time or resources to fulfil your job requirements. There is no communication from management and you aren’t treated like a person, just a number.

Pros

The children and floor staff

Not a supportive workplace

Spent several years with the company, got promised plenty of opportunities and salary packages. After working as hard as I could do excel in my career I continued to get knocked back and treated like a number.

Profit, profit, profit

They put on a front that they are all about professional development and bettering their team and their knowledge but they don't do it at all. You are pressured, to make sure you meet their targets and if you don't goodluck.

G8 Prioritise all the wrong things

I found Working for G8 Education to be a stressful and thankless job. Management expect lots of unpaid overtime in an already underpaid industry. Lots of cutting corners to the benefit of profit at the expense of children, families and employees of the centers.

Wasn’t happy

All I can say is, profit means everything. Educators and children aren’t a priority. Not enough money invested into services. Too much focus on spending money creating new services rather than taking care of existing ones.

Childcare

Childcare is hard, if you don't have the right team, managers or support it dosnt work, don't put work before your health, it will defeat you. Put your heart and soul into it but don't let it rule you.

G8 was a fantastic company to work in.

From start of my employment to the finish of it i had enjoyed g8 in my centre very well as they provided great training and support throughout and has awesome benefits as well.

Worst centre I’ve worked at, poor care practices, bad ratios, using trainees to close centres with no first aid certificate.

Payroll & HR were disgusting to deal with, the area manager didn’t return phone calls to discuss problems within the centre. Dirty centre that they expect staff to clean at the end of the day instead of cleaners doing a centre clean. I don’t recommend working for this company.

5 January 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We continually strive to provide a workplace where both our people and children thrive and feel valued, and will take on board your feedback.

Fast-paced but fun workplace.

G8 is a great company to work for. I really enjoy the friendliness of centre managers when they visit the centre. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends you make with staff and also the partnerships with families and their children.

24 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we are delighted that you have found working at G8 such a positive experience.

Highly stressful

They put a lot of stress and pressure on their Centre Managers. Unless you have an amazing Area Manager you will not be supported. Training is given way to late into starting role. There is a lot of unnecessary paperwork for centre managers which creates a micro managing atmosphere aimed at making money. They are a publicly listed company, so if they are not meeting their promises to share holders prepare to be ball busted even if you are at 100% occupancy.

10 November 2019
Centre Managers do bear a heavy responsibility which is why we encourage all our valued employees to reach out if they are struggling to cope or feel unsupported. The paperwork burden is part and parcel of the child care sector which we accept as part of the efforts to drive quality outcomes for the children who are always our priority. We wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavours.

ok

they don't care about staff or children only profits and don't care if their educators are able to care for children only if they're qualified to the minimum standard.

Amazing company to work for!

I have worked with G8 Education for 7 years now and have had an amazing experience with them. Starting out as an Assistant Educator, Lead Educator and now Assistant Centre Manager. The best thing about working for G8 Education would have to be the team experiences and advancement opportunities. I 100% believe you would love to be employed with G8 Education!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G8 Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• G8 Education