G8 Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

G8 Education Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia140 reviews

Clear
3.4Work–Life Balance
3.1Pay & Benefits

I'm happy I'm out my manager was toxic and my colleagues good.

I didn't enjoy my experience at g8 education it started ok with incursions/ toys for children but went downwards. For teachers it was toxic with no praise given for all the work done. Lots of unpaid programming time. The managers always in the office and no relationships formed with the staff such as are you ok? Staff meeting almost non existent. Lacks toys/ incursions for the children. Pessimistic boss who throws the educator under the bus.

Pros

Free lunch and you get paid

Cons

Long hours worked every lunch break

Good management, quality life work balance friendly and supportive staff job security (permanent full time)

Staffs are friendly and supportive in my centre (Scarborough Park) the quality of work is balanced, children attending the centre as well as their families are also very nice, benefits are good secured job and advancement is also good trainings are given and support in your work when needed or asked

Pros

Free trainings and seminars and support for staff members extended to our family when in need

No recognition, no review process, no salary review

After 10 years of service some recognition wouldn't go a stray. There was no salary review or opportunity for advancement. Management is rude, unapproachable and only concerned about their KPIs. I am so glad to be working for another company where i have received more recognition in my first 2 months than i did in 10 years at G8

Cons

Too many to list

Productive and fun place to work

Staff are so lovely and friendly! Very nice ,creative ,inspired clean environment! Feel reflex to work with the team ! The leaders are very kind to help new staff!

Pros

Free meal

Go elsewhere!!!

Forced into using all leave entitlements during COVIDs first wave, now second time around we have no leave and they’re cutting hours with no pay. They don’t care about their employees at all. Prior to COVID - not rewarded for any extra hours put in, given minimal programming time, no training time & not reimbursed for resources brought - stingy & tight & management are snooty & ignore floor staff- the ones who actually do the hard work !!

Pros

The children

Cons

The whole compny

Not a supportive workplace

Spent several years with the company, got promised plenty of opportunities and salary packages. After working as hard as I could do excel in my career I continued to get knocked back and treated like a number.

G8 Prioritise all the wrong things

I found Working for G8 Education to be a stressful and thankless job. Management expect lots of unpaid overtime in an already underpaid industry. Lots of cutting corners to the benefit of profit at the expense of children, families and employees of the centers.

G8 was a fantastic company to work in.

From start of my employment to the finish of it i had enjoyed g8 in my centre very well as they provided great training and support throughout and has awesome benefits as well.

Big Company, Big Ideas

The benefits working for G8 Education definitely outweigh the bad. Large company support with department knowledge to help you achieve those tasks that can be overwhelming as an individual. I like that the company has big ideas and strives to improve for the children we educate.

Pros

Specialised department support

Cons

Wide spread company, working on feeling connected

Flexible work and supportive environment

G8 Education has been a very exciting team to work with. I feel really supported to make quality changes in my centre and I love having hundreds of team mates to utilise for assistance it’s amazing working with such a large company that encourages networking ;)

Pros

Flexible hours; team member benefits discounted childcare rates

Cons

Support office location we would love a team in VIC

Support

I’ve been with g8 for just over 12 months. I love that we have so much support from other Centre Managers in my region to call. Also having a great ARea Manager to help support me in my role.

Pros

Great benefits, lovely support office

Company with great potential

Work with great people and passionate about the early education sector. Great opportunity to work in a large organisation, make an impact and contribute to change for the better.

Pros

Lots of staff discounts and benefits

Wonderful people

Great place to work and ability to work with such passionate people. Working in a large organisation which gives you ability to expand your skills and work on great projects. Innovative company with big goals.

Pros

Monthly lunch’s, great benefits, lovely support office, chocolate on Fridays

Cons

Limited parking available on site

G8 is great

Every day with g8 education, is enjoyable and easy to go to work every day. G8 education is always offering training to advance through the company. G8 has great benefits.

Pros

Cons

No cons at this time

very fun workplace

really enjoyable and fun workplace, was only a work experience student still in school so not much to go off on a student compared to a full time worker

Pros

free lunch

Worst Management

Working with g8 since 3 years, during those years I worked with 5 directors and 4 Assistant directors. looking at the numbers no stable management. Always have to stay out of ratio( 8:1). HR policies are getting changed on the change of management. no guidance from mentors. Directors are not fully trained they just wanna get the position to get the experience and move on. This company never care about employees..money, money, money. Work place culture is worst as this is women oriented industry and lot of planning and plotting. Spending day at any of the center is just becomes nightmare and feels like never returning to this industry any more.

Pros

no benefits

Cons

exhausting and draining long day

Good

It was very good working there, I love children so I enjoy every second of it. A lot of different cultural backgrounds and they do food for different cultures and needs.

Pros

Children

Cons

Long days

Ok if you are fine with Minimum wage

As much as I had fun with my job, passion for children is not enough for this place. So many centre managers quit, not enough appreciation, staff do not get a long - it's a b*tch fest. So if you are fine with working and know how to not get involved with other's business go ahead. But keep in mind the amount of work that you do is not enough for minimum wage - you get will get paid more at Mc Donalds.

Pros

Free lunch, great resources, free training

Cons

Horrible staff, not flexible, too much work load

They do not review and increase pays . I have worked here for almost a year. The work environment is really nice . The staff are friendly. No major job turnovers.

Pros

discounted childcare

Cons

low pay

Good people

Good People, very ridge is some aspects, not receptive to some changes outside the normal process, some job functions miss-aligned with the business process.

Pros

great effort to look after staff

Cons

salary

Productive and fun workplace

- Long days - Learnt patience - Management very supportive - Multicutural workplace, very respectable to other cultures - Hardest part of the job, dealing with parent complaints, high demanding - children were the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Unpaid overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G8 Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• G8 Education