GE Corporate
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Australia54 reviews
a very corporate highly hierarchical structured environment, not many opportunities to wear many hats, most team members required to do specific tasks. Can't complain, though a good work-life balance and away from the CBD.
I'd like to work for them again. They treated me well and the Site Manager was great. Unfortunately since passed away, RIP Gordon.I enjoyed the international experience with the mix of cultures and beliefs.
Be sure you make your network strong because you will need a wide ranging, strong, team to work through the demands of the business.
The systems teams are very good - but do form a relationship with them in order to get things done
I handled both out bound and inbound calls in my role, and after a while I move to a more Administrative role.

I would be reviewing accounts and also making decisions on customer online applications, which is both challenging and rewarding.

We had team meeting in the morning to know what our goals where and worked on completing these goals together as a team.
The finance team while I was there was like family. The team meets up outside of work to socialise. Ex-team members kept in touch and still meets up from time to time after GE.
Although working in a small office environment, the sales targets that needed to be met, were at times difficult to achieve. I did have a good manager and the staff were nice.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Constant pressure to make sales
A huge company which means you can get kind of lost in the masses. The projects were diverse and frequent. Overall an interesting place to work but wouldn't recommend it as the top choices.
Pros
Mant projects
Cons
Too operationally focused, nothing on staff well-being and development.
Very organised company with a great structure within.
The advancement opportunities and training provided was great and refreshing.

Really enjoyed my time within this company and left due to a move interstate.
Fast pace phone sales role, refined time management and prioritisation skills, you had to or you sunk. Hardest part was learning the branch was closing. Most enjoyable, chasing a target in the last couple of days and smashing it.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Branch closed
Personally, I think GE is out of touch with the blue colour worker and too involved with airy fairy and superfluous wannabes that populate the office space.
I dreaded having to deal with my direct manager as he was incompetent and had previously spent most of his career in the military and had next to no actual offshore experience and truly should not have been in that managerial position.

As is fairly typical these days, every decision was debated and discussed by senior staff at length and hence took an age to resolve.........no one would make a determination.

The hardest part was going along with the apathy and keeping quiet about how inept things had gradually become.

Enjoying my time off made things justifiable, I think!
Pros
Working with some top hands
Cons
Working with incompetents
This Company no longer exists

GE Money was a fantastic company to work for. Unfortunately it no longer exists and has been taken over by Latitude Finance.
Long travel with no real benefit.
Developed an in depth understanding of the WA mining, civil and transport industries.

Management was based out of predominantly Eastern States.

Culture was acidic and focused on satisfying internal needs as opposed to customers.

Hardest part was dealing with GE politics and it's limited
A day would start with reviewing all customer files, then followup on what was needed for customers, to proceed with loan applications.
I learned to have good time management skills, and to prioritise.

Management were very supportive, and encouraged us to be self sufficient.

The culture of GE was a great team as we all worked as a team, and supported each other.

The hardest part of my job was , have to decline genuine customers.

The most enjoyable was helping customers.
Pros
Great Team place to work
Cons
Could not advance further in Cairns
In a review delivered to the leadership group by an independent third party analyst, it was deemed that GE Money was a sleeping giant that never realised it's potential.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Lacked support
Looked after it's work force, and kept on training to achieve a higher job level, and employee satisfaction, excellent heavy vehicle maintenance crew to work with.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
Located in Port Melbourne
Only did a 2 week experience there but could tell the environment in the offices were very good, everyone was very friendly and worked as a team to get the jobs done.
working in a matrix company doesn't fulfill my goals, with my manger is in some other country and team members in some other cities , it's hard to be recognized and improve in your job.
Pros
flexible working time and place
Cons
low salary, no progress in career
GE is a great place to work with ample opportunity to learn new things. Great work culture with plenty of people willing to help you improve and advance your career.

The most challenging aspect of working for GE is the global nature of the company, which put a lot of emphasis on acquiring the skill of managing remote resources.
Great working environment, positive management, various opportunities in job training and opportunities to develop expertise in other areas of IT, such as moving into the SAS Administrator role. Other benefits such as in-house facilities, Canteen, Gymnasium and nearby restaurants.
Pros
Friendly environment, great job training opportunities
Cons
Nil
General Electric Australia in Parramatta has a very high morale in its office. The staff worked together in harmony hence team work is great.

The Managers are approachable with a positive attidude thereby employees are always happy.
Pros
Happy environment
Cons
non
• Setting Sales budgets and targets.
• Responsible for all aspects of electrical and furniture sales, eg, Administration paperwork.

• Liaise with clients.

• Deputise in the absence of the Manager.
Pros
Commission on sales