GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 6,815 reviews
An ethical company with high standards
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW17 May 2016
- Highly organised, with acute attention to detail, taking pride and accountability in work standards

- Extensive experience as a leader and member of autonomous work teams with the capacity to motivate others

- Various styles with motivation and ability to lead strong work ethic with a demonstrated loyalty towards my clients

- Exceptional team mates with extraordinary commitment to achieve the best sales results

- Waiting for clients to be available for training in a busy environment

- Capacity to work in an unsupervised environment with an aptitude to think outside the square
Pros
Annual National Conference
Cons
Long after hours work completing adminstrative duties
Productive and Fun place with Table Tennis table
Insurance Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW14 March 2016
Typical day at work involved identifying trends and coaching for improvement
I learned a whole lot of personal and business skills
Great management team that are committed to the development and safety of their staff
Culturally diverse group of co-workers
Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving work after a successful day
Pros
Autonomy
Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burnley VIC16 February 2016
It is great to work at GE Capital. We are using best tools and technologies available to provide best product for financial institution. Every day is a new day where we face new challenges that provide opportunity to learn something new.
High Standards
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW15 November 2015
Great company history and culture. Perfect place to work for ambitious individuals, who are focussed on career growth.
Excellent openess to training
Learning & Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne11 June 2015
Openness to growth and expansion within the business.
Excellent culture
Openness
Good team work and ethic across the business
Progression and growth is something that GE look at internally.
Secondments enable staff to transition into new areas and gain additional skills.
Good People, Restrictive Environment
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne19 May 2015
The people at the company are great however there have been a number of restructures which has limited the ability to execute on the strategic agenda
Big company and good culture
Branch collection /Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Australia15 July 2014
Good work Ethics. Good staff. great environment. very good location with lot of cafes around. great management.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
n/a
Flexible workplace
Architect (Current Employee) –  Burnley, VIC11 June 2014
Preferred Employer of choice, Flexible, Good Culture, Friendly Co Workers, Professional Work Ethic.
Work environment was very nice
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne23 February 2014
worked as a test engineer for Road Map Cards POI.
Interacting with BA's and developers is very nice to get clarify on the requirements
A competative environment encouraging you to achieve KPI's set through their sales incentive plans
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Penrith, NSW6 January 2014
A typical day with in the GE office consists of outbound solicitation, re-negotiation and cross selling of GE products in a compliant manner.
My current role has taught me how important team work and complying with regulatory requirements is to any business.
Extensive customer service becomes rewarding when able to assist the customer by placing them in a better finacial postion
Pros
current Manager is supportive
Very professional organisation
Facitlies Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Swan Street, Richmond30 October 2013
A great place to work with opportunity to achieve and be rewarded & to advance your career. A very busy but friendly environment. Sadly due to major restructure of the whole business I was made redundant. My role was varied ranging from everyday running of incidents that may arise on a daily occurrence to processing the large volume of invoices required to maintain the running of the major sites & branch network Australia wide. Along with the processing of invoices, reconciliation of all suppliers and the maintenance of the and future forecasting of the budgets. A very challenging but rewarding position. I was an OH&S representative for the site and also assisted with all fire drills and trial evacuations. At times you would feel as if there was not have enough hours in the day and the life - work balance would be tested. A can do attitude and flexibility allowed me to always complete the days work and leave at the end of the day feeling satisfied.
US Reporting and Controllership Accountant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC11 October 2013
Constant pressure and changing financial services landscape kept me on my toes at all times.
Very Professional
SAS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  BURNLEY27 August 2013
Professional environment with IT ethics.
Work life balance.
Good
Internal Audit Manager, (Current Employee) –  Australia19 July 2013
Good Employer.
Lovely environment.
Large company.
Solid management.
Great company to work for
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond Victoria3 July 2013
I loved working for GE money and I miss working for them. I worked in the customer service call centre as a team leader R&R were good, management great, bonus fantastic
Pros
Monthly bonus
Cons
too far for me to trwvel 1.5 hours each way
Great people hard working
Underwriting Manager Closed end Products (Former Employee) –  Burnley Vic22 May 2013
Coach/Train/Motivate
Conduct 1 to 1 performance reviews weekly
Managing different styles
Influence others, Build Relationships, Team Orientated, Results driven
Good to work with
The hardest part of my job: not a thing
Working in a team environment to achieve KPI targets

Productive and Fun Environment
Operations Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne26 March 2013
Incorporated supporting IT related issues of GE Employees within Australia (including GE Branch Networks), New Zealand and India.

Serviced over 600+ Inbound calls during the day, in a team of 8-10 Service Desk Analysts.

Along with Inbound calls, supported employee queries over Click-To-Chat (live online assistance) servicing follow up and application related queries of the employees.

Performed Operations Services Analyst responsibilities (in addition to the Service Desk Role), which involved monitoring of Business Critical File Transfers.

Involved corresponding with External Vendors and Senior Incident Management Teams on Urgent/Critical issues.

Followed up on resolution/completion of previously logged issues with employees/vendors.

Updates to the Knowledge Base (scripts).

Working on a rotating roister, shifts could be varying from Business Hours (8:00AM - 5:00PM) or After Hours (5:00PM - 8:00AM).

A busy environment to work in, but with a great team of supportive individuals. An excellent opportunity to learn from work and colleagues.

Management was very supportive and communicative on updates / change in processes.

Equal opportunity to put your hand up and take up a new responsibility.
Pros
open communication, leadership / colleagues support
Cons
unrelenting call volume
Productive - ongoing support - friendly work environment
collections consultant (Former Employee) –  Buranda, Brisbane13 March 2013
Productive - ongoing support - friendly work environment. Customer focused.
I enjoyed working at GE, however the travelling time did not work out due to young kids etc.
Ge was a great working environment. GE is is customer service focused in negotaiting relaistic arrangements with each and every customer. Strong support networks, staff are freindly and always there to help when needed. The job I undertook was collections. Exceptional negotation skills, polite and fluent phone manner, honest and able to build a rapport with each customer, gain trust and understanding.
I enjoyed my time there, I decided to end my employment due to my partners time scehdule and our young kids.

It was a tough decision to make, - ending my employment, but family comes first and I am now looking for a job that is flexible, closer to home and as I am studying, I would like a job that starts later in the day, to enable me time with my kids and time at uni.
Pros
gret atmosphere - strong morals
Cons
start times
very productive work place,constant up skilling of all employees
loans officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta Sydney28 May 2012
My day would start at 7.30 am and i would check in box for all Loan applications that would come in over night and allocate to my team members ready for the days work. I would also man the phones for all employees to report if they were of sick and inform all team leaders of absent employees. I would then start to input all the applications and process the loans to see if the loans were approved or decline, and call customers to advise the outcome of the loan.If the customers could not be reach on the phones I would send an email to advise of outcomes. I was also on the phones all day to answer customer enquiries, print and send customers account details,and transfer calls to other team members. In this position I have learnt to communicate and build rapport with the wider public.I love to work in a team enviorment and was always doing a Lotto syndicate for the office and would help to organise team lunches. The best part of the job was the poeple which I worked with and being able to have some good conversations to the customers. The hardest part was informing the customers that their loan had been declined and for what reason. The best part of that job was the friends I have made.
Pros
monthly bonus for hard work input
Cons
travelling to far