GE Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GE Healthcare Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
workplace culture is happy but very very focused on achievement of the sales and revenues numbers. Management has been restructuring and removing many of the commercial support structures
Terrible management, they do not look after their staff. You work hard but get no recognition. The pay is not equal, males getting paid more than females.
Average day would start early with checking of emails before heading out to site for meeting with clinicians for sales meetings, product demonstrations, staff in-service, trouble shooting sessions, t-cons with management and team for sale progress, closing with more emails, follow up calls and planning for the weeks ahead.

As a field operative did not have a great deal of opportunity to interact face to face with office team, or take advantage of any activities and festivities that were advertised.

Later years work environment has become toxic, with changes in management and global culture.

Best part of job has been the majority of the people, always had a good team but toxicity has ruined that.
I enjoyed training and interacting with technical staff, the hardest part of my job was to ensure that our customers were 100% satisfied with our product.
Company car and credit card benefits were great and I would still be there, but most of my department was let go suddenly without notice. I would like to have been given time to jump to another department.
GE is a great company for individuals to pursue leadership and self-directed career development. It is a place where a self-motivated individual can be challenged and learn.
A typical day would be arriving at the designated time, logging onto the system ready to start taking calls from clients and Engineers.

I would generally be on the phone all day taking calls.

It could be a client advising a problem with their machine which I would need to prioritise and then advise the relevant Engineer.

Or it could be an Engineer ringing to follow up where parts are or to order parts.

I would then order parts from Australia or New Zealand.

Management was good, very approachable.

Hardest part of the job was when Engineers were busy and couldn't / wouldn't take the job, I then had to ring around to find someone who could take the job.

Enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, it was a small call centre and we all got along famously.
Pros
Being kept busy. Great Company to work for. No weekend work.
Cons
No job security, Rotating roster.
Everyone is friendly and are positive in a great environment from all diversity.

I have learnt a lot of different things in relation to the healthcare environment, and the different ranges of healthcare products that are used thorough out the health care industry.

I think in general their are too many Managers in the company and their management system could use some work when it comes to communication when they are meant to be leading a team.

My co workers are the hardest workers I know and are always positive and make it easy to be in a team.
Dealing with customer issues and ensuring customers service expectation are meet .
Project planning for new installation.

Resource planning .

Dealing with all customer escalation .

Strategic customer engagement .
Left to do job and trusted to do correctly and not having someone looking over shoulder.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
no problems
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GE Healthcare?