Gallagher
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Gallagher Employee Reviews

Experienced and friendly staff, good work place culture, supportive team and management, flexible, down to earth CEO/President who inspires and encourage
Pros
flexibility
Cons
location
Inadequate training, dysfunctional work environment, lack of processes, bad business practices, poor leadership, outdated tech, management not people or customer focused,/tech issues = poor customer experience and increased pressure on staff, potential candidates are mislead during interview process.
Pros
Cons
Stress
Never ending work Bad management Will under pay where they can Inconsistent staff salaries amongst those in the same role. Mates promoting mates Bad culture then tries to force fun into stuff who don’t have the time due to being over worked
Management is poor, with bottom line profit their only goal, despite pretending that staff is all important. Annual pay rises & bonuses cancelled regularly (other than for the Executive team), End of Year (Christmas) functions cancelled or spend reduced to almost nothing, staff let go without cause. The culture is so bad they cannot recruit staff fast enough, hence there are always loads of jobs advertised.
The people within the teams are great. Training was meant to be 6 weeks but went on for 3 months. Poor management. Poor pay for the location and role.
Pros
Nice people within the teams
Cons
Poor pay and poor management
The SteerCo team for AUS/NZ are not a great team and are not mature in their decision making. Some of their recent decisions on company pathways have cause a lot of collateral damages to many of its staff member. It seems that these decisions were made half-heartedly and have been left for HR to deal with the collateral. I'd like to see management get their act together or they'll become another OAMPs story...
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Bad decision making
I was employed as a supervisor during the Christchurch earthquake and was on an employment contract, however we were informed the NZ Government had overspent their budget and we were told that 150 staff were to be dismissed immediately. It made no difference that I was on contract, I was fired immediately and shown the door. Corporate business don't care about staff, as long as the guys at the top keep their jobs, that's all that counts.
Pros
Good conditions, not bad money
Cons
Ruthless senior management
For an international company they were incredibly poorly managed. The culture was quite terrible due to everyone being very overworked, high staff turnover and little support. Unnecessary reporting made it even harder to get things done. There was a lot of favouritism among the management team. The company was always trying to come up with tactics to improve the culture but all it did was force people into doing activities they didn't have time for.
Pros
1 hour lunchbreak, morning tea
Cons
management favouritism, culture, no bonuses, too much work, high turnover
Overall great high paced working environment within a supportive team positive amangement style and always pushing empl Overall great high paced working environment within a supportive team. Positive management style and always pushing employees to achieve their full potential
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gallagher?
Management were very clicky and some of the senior members could be quite condescending to lower level staff. Always being sold as a 'great place to advance' when, in fact, it's not really at all. The salaries are also quite terrible - especially given the responsibilities and stresses claims officers have to put up with.
Pros
Good social events
Cons
Salary and culture aren't good
This company helped rear me in the working world pretty much straight from high school. They provided every opportunity to me and when they did not work out allowed me to continue in my preferred line of work.
Pros
Support
Cons
I learned an array of new skills, technical and personal, as I was exposed to a number of new scenarios. My particular branch could have had more proactive management in reacting to on-going change and development.
Pros
Salary, Pension, Benefits
Cons
Understaffed, Training, Work/Life Balance
The businesses as a whole value their employees and offer a friendly, comfortable working environment that facilitates a work and life balance. They support their clients to understand, explore and develop their strengths through structured formal and informal professional and personal development. There were some difficult customers of which may be unhappy with certain services that are more often than not within our control but of other customers appreciated the service that we provide. As for a team – very happy work together sharing ideas of handling difficult customers and keep the company going was very interesting.
Pros
Employess Benefit, flexible hours
The workplace is relaxed and people are friendly. Managers are accomodating. Occasional free lunches and dinners are provided for staff. Location is good.
Pros
Occasional Free dinner and lunch
Cons
Not enough money invested in IT or its staff
Supportive approach to developing staff. GB always tried to promote internally first for any positions. GB considers their staff are their greatest asset.
My role in the liability department included providing effective customer service and team support through the co-ordination of workflow and other administrative functions, such as responding to natural disaster claims, providing a professional cost-effective customer focused claims service, while completing daily and monthly productivity levels as designated by management and maintain client service standards.While processing claims, I would identify fraud indicators and claims leakages issues and make recommendations as necessary. My role also included establishing adequate and accurate claims reserves, which I would need to comply with the Insurance Code of Practice, Insurance Contracts Act and Legislative requirements.
Pros
extended lunches if required.