Gallagher Employee Reviews

All talk no follow through
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 August 2018
For an international company they were incredibly poorly managed. The culture was quite terrible due to everyone being very overworked, high staff turnover and little support. Unnecessary reporting made it even harder to get things done. There was a lot of favouritism among the management team. The company was always trying to come up with tactics to improve the culture but all it did was force people into doing activities they didn't have time for.
Pros
1 hour lunchbreak, morning tea
Cons
management favouritism, culture, no bonuses, too much work, high turnover
n/a
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW1 May 2018
Overall great high paced working environment within a supportive team positive amangement style and always pushing empl

Overall great high paced working environment within a supportive team. Positive management style and always pushing employees to achieve their full potential
Great people, but everything else is lacking
Administration (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 January 2018
Management were very clicky and some of the senior members could be quite condescending to lower level staff. Always being sold as a 'great place to advance' when, in fact, it's not really at all. The salaries are also quite terrible - especially given the responsibilities and stresses claims officers have to put up with.
Pros
Good social events
Cons
Salary and culture aren't good
Excellent
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD6 December 2017
This company helped rear me in the working world pretty much straight from high school. They provided every opportunity to me and when they did not work out allowed me to continue in my preferred line of work.
Pros
Support
Multi National Broker with a large scope of business
Commercial Claims (Current Employee) –  Australia26 May 2016
I learned an array of new skills, technical and personal, as I was exposed to a number of new scenarios. My particular branch could have had more proactive management in reacting to on-going change and development.
Pros
Salary, Pension, Benefits
Cons
Understaffed, Training, Work/Life Balance
Ethics and productive, team work
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney10 April 2016
The businesses as a whole value their employees and offer a friendly, comfortable working environment that facilitates a work and life balance. They support their clients to understand, explore and develop their strengths through structured formal and informal professional and personal development. There were some difficult customers of which may be unhappy with certain services that are more often than not within our control but of other customers appreciated the service that we provide. As for a team – very happy work together sharing ideas of handling difficult customers and keep the company going was very interesting.
Pros
Employess Benefit, flexible hours
Pleasant working environment
Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Sydney NSW20 February 2016
The workplace is relaxed and people are friendly. Managers are accomodating.

Occasional free lunches and dinners are provided for staff.

Location is good.
Pros
Occasional Free dinner and lunch
Cons
Not enough money invested in IT or its staff
Great Company. Great culture! Growing company
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane4 February 2013
Supportive approach to developing staff. GB always tried to promote internally first for any positions. GB considers their staff are their greatest asset.
Productive and great place to progress.
Liability Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia11 July 2012
My role in the liability department included providing effective customer service and team support through the co-ordination of workflow and other administrative functions, such as responding to natural disaster claims, providing a professional cost-effective customer focused claims service, while completing daily and monthly productivity levels as designated by management and maintain client service standards.

While processing claims, I would identify fraud indicators and claims leakages issues and make recommendations as necessary. My role also included establishing adequate and accurate claims reserves, which I would need to comply with the Insurance Code of Practice, Insurance Contracts Act and Legislative requirements.
Pros
extended lunches if required.