Gallup Employee Reviews

Eh
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE10 August 2019
It’s okay at first, gets old fast. They force you to keep people on the phones even after people say no you’re just supposed to continue with the interview, nobody likes that. Poor management.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managers
Amazing
Gallup (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE23 July 2019
Everything was amazing. I loved working customer service and calling people asking them if they would please take my survey. I have a really positive attitude so it was fairly easy for me to convince people to take the survey without forcing them.
Productive and flexible hours in a friendly environment
Consumer Interviewer (Former Employee) –  1001 Gallup Drive, Omaha, Nebraska 6810227 June 2019
I am not for sure what else to include here because I uploaded my entire resume which is three pages. A good many of these questions are already answered.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly people, down to earth environment
Cons
Quotas, gradual increase of quotas, thus decrease in pay. Extremely strict interviewing guidelines.
Management is great but the job was not worth it
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE14 June 2019
I did outbound calling at Gallup, and I called randos around the US to do surveys, and it was horrible and stressful. Everyone was rude or thought I was fake, I got hung up on about 100 times a day, and after my training, my pay changed to commissions. If I didn't finish a survey, I didn't get paid. It was very stressful for me knowing I wasn't even getting paid for people to yell, scream, cuss, threaten, and hang up on me all day every day.
Pros
Very relaxed chill environment, everyone is nice and easy going, management is great, you decide your own breaks
Cons
Mentally exhausting, respondents are always rude and angry
Organization full of Nepotism
System Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE3 June 2019
Good :
Nice people.
Work life balance.
Bad:
Compensation.
No process in place.
Nepotism.
Benefits.
Carrer Progression.
Bad leadership.
Practice what you preach.
The team was amazing
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE3 June 2019
At work you felt like you were working as a team everyone helped everyone especially if they needed help on a call. The managers there made it feel like you could go to them for anything
Really trusting with employees and was a great atmosphere.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE12 May 2019
The managers were great and they gave the employee freedom because however you chose to use your time and freedom given it reflected on your overall score day to day and on every pay period. Theyd give paid breaks every week or so and have an activity everyone could go do to bond and just enjoy in general.
stressful, but also fun
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE21 April 2019
Great place to learn how to handle customers.
There are a lot of dumb people in the world and these dumb people tended to make the job more stressful

Highly recommend for a college job, the full career would drain all those who aren't a manager
Fun working enviornment
INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE6 April 2019
Gallup was great because of the strengths finder and the daily/weekly/ monthly activities. Every month there is a meeting between all employees and management for progress updates and to announce employee of the month.
Productive and very friendly workers always trying to help each other.
Boilermaker Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TX24 February 2019
Working at gallup was a very nice working expirience.
Very helpfull people always trying to encourage other people to learn and to help each other out.
Good Summer Job
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE22 February 2019
Its an easy job that pays really well. You'll have days where you get only minimum wage, but I've had days where I made 25 dollars an hour. There's no room for advancement, you can only be an interviewer or a manager. Lots of rules on the surveys that theyre very strict about. The way hours work is you're given a minimum number of hours, and you can work them whenever you like, as long as they get done.
Pros
Good pay, nice people
Cons
Not reliable, not a permanent job
Great mission
Professional Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NE9 February 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall mission. When you talk to people who understand the mission and impact, that is satisfying. Quality is the most important thing; if you have to go slower to make sure you have perfect quality, do that. Generally speaking, the environment is a very friendly and inclusive place.
Pros
Flexibility, pay for performance
Cons
No paid time off, hours of operation
Great culture, terrible architecture and management
Lead System Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE19 December 2018
if you like all business logic in stored procs where it won't scale, yet use AWS for scaling, then this is the company for you!
Vacation and holidays are completely and honestly non-existent. You are required to work over time to take any time off.
Pros
developers are friendly and great to work with
Cons
system, management
high pressure
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE5 December 2018
They put a lot of pressure on us to get more surveys and things we couldn't control, my anxiety and depression got really bad. we could take breaks whenever we want but that could affect our percent so even going to the bathroom was stressful.
Excellent
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE11 November 2018
I enjoyed working at Gallup a lot. It was a very clean, well run and respectful place of business. The management treated all employees with lots of respect and were very accommodating. The work was well structured.
Great coworkers and managers
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Remote6 November 2018
Work with some of the smartest people and direct managers to BD people are great. Too many decisions made on a whim by leadership in Omaha by people that have never had to sell anything before.
makes a great 2nd job
telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE21 October 2018
worked there for 2 years, got 2 separate notices that they were closing in that time frame (July 2017 and June 2018, they are closing for real now)

you dont get paid time off, ever, "personal days" just reduce the number of hours you have to work in a week

quota standards are unrealistic, especially on full time, and you will make minimum wage if you dont meet them

if you're trying to find something in the evenings to make some extra money, this is perfect. if you're an adult trying to pay your bills, look elsewhere
Fun place to work if you can multi-task
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA29 September 2018
Managers are pretty lenient as long as you complete the quotas of surveys per hour. Can eat, do other work, and talk to your peers. Very chill job. Would recommend
Wish I NeverLeft
Talent Management Consultant and Executive Coach (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA25 September 2018
Gallup is truly a Strengths-Based culture. People take the time to get to know you before they put you on a project to make sure you are a good fit for the work. They have the best culture of any management consulting firm in the industry
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Losing eminence in the market
There was good people there that I will miss , but I just dont like how low active it was
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE18 September 2018
It is a good workplace to be in, everyone is so nice there. The job was just too slow paced for me to continue working. Its a good place to work if you would prefer to be not active.
Pros
relaxed work space
Cons
shorter breaks, have to keep dialing or performance level goes down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallup. Our community is ready to answer.