Gannett Employee Reviews

Cutlure is got to change
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York State16 September 2019
Culture and lack of support from management was declining, Expectations form corporate with no support made the role of selling not exciting. At one time this was a great company to work for. They dont set realistic expectations for new Sales Executives that they don't succeed and are let go. They award new reps with sign on bonuses and higher salaries than successful employees who have been there many years.
Pros
For many years Work Life Balance
Cons
healthcare and management
Great people, fair workplace
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FL14 September 2019
The associates at Gannett are the best part of the company. Their experience and drive is unbeatable.
I enjoyed my time with Gannett and wish everyone the best.
Wonderful place to work
Customer service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC12 September 2019
I would love to recommend this job to others but Gannett is no longer in business. This was a great job with great people and customers. A great learning experience and room to grow.
Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY12 September 2019
Responsible for all sales of Automotive accounts for the Gannett media company. Travel to locations for presentations of all media products including but not limited to print, digital media products.
Overview
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC10 September 2019
This job seems like a garden of roses in the beginning but it isn’t. Marie shows favoritism and the pay is poor for the amount of work that you do. They penalize you for the smallest things, they micro manage and treat you like children.
Pros
Relaxed environment, paid time off
Cons
Favoritism, Micro Managing
No thanks
Head of Digital Retail (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 September 2019
REcruited hard personally - promised the world and resources need to make the necessary changes to be successful. The changes were so numerous and company wasnt ready to hear nor adopt how ill equipped they were for existing media marketplace
Pros
good benefits; new team established a good culture
Cons
beat you into the ground, overworked, one person doing 3 jobs
Overall
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MI10 September 2019
you can come into the building anywhere from 10 pm to typically 3 am. If you arrive late you need to contact a manager on duty to let them know you are on your way.
I like the job I have no issuse
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY7 September 2019
I think the job is good for someone who don't like to work with crowds of people. You can come to the warehouse and bag your papers there if you choose. Or get your paper and bag on the go.
Poor management
Advertising Executive (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA6 September 2019
This job is the job that made me desire to work for myself and no longer be held back by supervisors. The training was fantastic, but there was a lot of micro-management, and the wrong people would get promoted. I had a coworker that had better numbers, and more experience than anyone on the floor and kept getting overlooked for management spots by less productive and less experienced agents.
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY6 September 2019
Good company, room for advancement. Management was fair and treated their employees with respect. Lots of phone work but freedom for breaks and such. Benefits were really good. Hours were flexible.
very nice people well informed
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI5 September 2019
prnt usa today goss metro run maintenence orcder parts ripun ress dau shift good management qualty consience good benefts good newspaper good press clean work area
Low pay and they tax your incentives and your regular pay separately. Very relaxed environment
Customer Supprt Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY3 September 2019
Doesn't matter what kind of degree or experience you have. Everyone is started out at the same low wage pay. Not worth it for people who have real bills.
Good place
ISR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 August 2019
Overall a good place to work. The people where nice. Very nice facility. Very clean. Constant training and coaching. Management very helpful as well as co-workers.
Pros
Great landscape
Cons
Not enough money turnover to high
production
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC29 August 2019
I would never advise anyone to work at this location. You will be cussed out daily by customers you must meet sales even if you are being treated badly by the customer. this was a horrible place to work.
Roller Coaster ride
retired from Gannett (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN28 August 2019
WE were an independent site till we were moved to another site due to budget cuts that's when it hit the fan. it was like they hated us and wished we would disappear. it was like that till they closed the entire operation down. And the buyout we got was a joke but I am glad i was sort of prepared for the future
benefits
Cons
no like they think you are on call 24/7
Worst management experience ever
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NC25 August 2019
Horribly mismanaged and the upper management staff doesn't care. They're familiar with their mediocrity and fully resistant to any changes that may improve the situation. District Managers are told one set of expectations and demanded another. Was promised a 45-55 hour work week with time off and bonuses. Typical work week is anywhere from 80-100 hours with no bonuses and I have to use accrued PTO or vacation time to even get days off. It's a nuthouse and no one seems to want to improve it. I'm honestly waiting for Corporate to shut us down. Plus side they're so desperate for people to fill such an unwanted role that they will go out of the way to not fire you for fireable offenses. Downside is literally everything else about the position.
Awful compant to work for.
Maintenance Machinist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ23 August 2019
Very unprofessional. Only concern is saving money and cutting jobs. Safety is least of their concern. Awful benefits. No advancement possible. Very low vaction time. Difficult to take time off.
It was good for me
Executive Editor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ21 August 2019
I was promoted 7 times in 11 years for more than $100,000 in raises. But opportunities don’t seem to be the same now. I learned a lot from some very smart people - and learned who I didn’t want to be from some real creeps. But it was great experience
Pros
Strong benefits- like everything else, not as good as it was
Cons
Shrinking industry, too much emphasis on entry level
Productive and fun workplace
Tier 1 Help Desk (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA14 August 2019
The work culture of Gannett was excellent. It was a fun culture with excellent departments that come together several times a year for events. The IT department was a very busy environment with frequent changes in adding additional assignments unannounced that make the work/life balance a struggle sometimes.
anxiety
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New Jersey13 August 2019
My Gannett hub laid off our entire design center June of 2018. Major layoffs every single January culled the herd, so that every year from the beginning of November till the end of January the entire staff were filled with anxiety over losing their job — which is always a great way to enjoy the holiday. Management is known for its “one and done” policy which freezes advancement and ultimately ends careers with layoffs.
Pros
A job, annual company picnic consisting of burgers and soda.
Cons
Everything from salary to benefits, management, Hr, harassment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gannett. Our community is ready to answer.