Gartner
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Gartner Pay & Benefits reviews

Gartner is a large company with a strong track record of success. They didn’t cut many jobs during covid, and in general are fairly well run. The people are very nice and smart. Where the company lacks is compensation and promotion at lower levels. There is a lot of middle management and the promotion timeline is long. Additionally, gartner pays less than consulting despite being pretty similar to it.
Pros
Work life, people
Cons
Pay, promotion
Gartner provides great support for their employees and provides a powerful product for their clients. They truly help companies become better. They also do a good job taking care of their employees, both in the office and working from home.As far as sales go...make sure you want to be in sales as a career. It's a tough role but if you do well, you get compensated for it. I would recommend having prior sales experience before taking a sales role at Gartner. It also helps if you're interested in the specific category of Research and Advisory services you're selling (ask your recruiter).
Pros
Office amenities and employee benefits
Cons
Hard role; sometimes working outside 8-5
One month into COVID, Gartner let go of about half of their events team. We were not told of any efforts by the company to try to keep staff employed. Folks who had been with the company for 15+ years were let go, and now all those roles are open again, and Gartner won’t even interview those former employees.This is not the place to be if you’re hoping for a company that cares about its employees. It’s not the place to be if you’re looking for diversity in leadership. It’s not the place to be if you want to feel secure in your role in the event of another pandemic. Gartner had the potential to do the right thing; they made more money during the pandemic on virtual events than they made in the year prior with live events. And they STILL let go so many hardworking, loyal associates. They should be ashamed and honestly hope the CEO loses sleep at night over the salary he kept while his former employees struggled to buy groceries.
Pros
Travel during a normal year
Cons
Cliquey teams, no diversity in leadership, no job security, no WFH flexibility for events teams
Management was great and went out of their way to help support the team; hours and flexibility were great; benefits were amazing. Worked both remote and in the office.
Pros
Benefits, great team members, remote working options.
Cons
Office space limited.
Promotions seem to be based more on your interview rather than your impact on the company as a whole outside of the interview process. Great company to work for though, the work/life balance is great (which is most important to me). Pay is very solid and benefits are good as well.
Pros
Work/life balance, culture
Cons
Advancement can be tough
I've been with Gartner for 4 years and still love working here. Most of my friends come from work and I've gotten promoted 2 times. My manager is amazing. I'd recommend working here for anyone interested. Most people are very happy and I feel like I am constantly learning new skills
Pros
Compensation, people, flexibility, coaching
Cons
It's hard, work/life balance can be tough
Gartner is a great company to work for overall. Great, salary, benefits, work life balance, and the compensation is very rewarding depending on how hard you work
Pros
Compensation, company brand, work life balance
Cons
Culture can improve, along with internal processes
Ok place to work with decent benefitsConstant policy change with limited upward mobility Lack of diversity in sales department Heavily metrics driven, high quota in saturated market
Gartner is a great place to work 50% of the time. When it's good its great (lots of praise, money, and opportunities) and when its bad it's terrible (fear of job security, treated less than, coached-out of the organization). Many who are struggling feel gaslight as they are told that this is simply because of their limited mindset. It's pretty draining on one's mental health.As far as benefits go, they're great. You get 2 days of PTO acquired each month and up to 10 can transfer over year-to-year. PTO is often hard to take due to the nature of sales (discouraged to take PTO EOM, EOQ, or Q4) so use as much as possible when you can.
Pros
Benefits, Relaxed Dress Code, Fun Cowokers
Cons
Micromanaging, limited growth opportunities
Fantastic culture, great pay and benefits. Work very hard but pays off. Not a lot of work/life balance, but lots of room for growth, advancement and recognition
Compensation was great. Senior management to C level support was very bad. They fish in the same old client pool of about 35K clients and are afraid of new growth, and won't spend marketing dollars for growth. Petty issues pop up regularly as middle managers/directors will try to throw you under the bus in order to look good to senior/C level folks. Internal reliance upon cheap labor HB1 visa folks and poor outsourced tech are abysmal to the detriment of all. More time is spent fixing errors than advancing the business. Do work at Gartner for the experience if you can and try to last a year or two but keep your resume/cv fresh.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Senior Management
This is an excellent place to start your career as a salesperson. Gartner is one of the few companies that still invests in its employees with paid training. You will learn lots of valuable skills while being paid an actual salary with benefits for several weeks. To date, this was one of my most valuable and favorite work experiences and companies to work for. It was my first real job right out of college. There are many opportunities for growth and career paths to advance in the company. The company promotes from within, the management is supportive and inclusive, and for the most part, everyone seems happy. Another thing to note is that I noticed that if a job wasn't a right fit, management seemed to work with you to find a job that was a better fit for employees, instead of just letting people go. The company really seemed to want their employees to succeed, at least when I worked there 6-7 years ago in the branch I worked in. So if sales weren't your thing, they'd work with you to find a place where you would excel within the company. That seems to be a rare thing nowadays. I wish I had stayed with the organization- the only reason I got a new job was that I had to move home for personal reasons (I had relocated out of state for the job.) Truly, an excellent company to begin your career with. You will learn so much!
Pros
Friendly colleagues, supportive management, laptop provided, free coffee, beautiful cafeteria, paid training, great benefits/salary, positive environment
Cons
None I can think of
You can learn a lot working here. It is often described as getting your MBA. The pay and benefits are fair. Unfortunately, women are treated poorly, especially in the EMSE office. Over 90% of leadership are men. Women who raise concerns of discrimination and harassment are at best not taken seriously and at worst retaliated against by HR. This culture leads to women feeling uncomfortable coming to work and many high performing women exiting. If the company views women as equals, they should hold toxic and abusive leaders accountable.
Pros
Salary, benefits, opportunities to learn
Cons
Lacking diversity, lacking inclusion, toxic leadership
This is a good company in terms of maintaining a life outside of work. Comp and benefits are good, though the culture and content can, at times, feel a bit stale and lacking in diversity.
I liked my work and my colleagues at Gartner. There were in house promotions and appreciation of work. Flexible hours and good benefits. They value their employees a lot.
Order management department is the underdog of the company. Underappreciated and overworked, you will be required to work extremely long hours during month and quarterly closes and be thanked with cheap meals and conference room Christmas parties.
Getting into consultative sales with Gartner can be described as a dream come true! Brilliant atmosphere, competitive culture, attractive benefits, and bonuses and the opportunity to grow in life, both personally and professionally!
For the area, the benefits and base salaries are tough to beat, depending on the department. Turnover is high due to poor management and broken promises of growth & income opportunities. Absence of trust and recognition for a job-well-done is rampant. Too many secrets and lies for an effective and positive working environment to exist.
I used to love Gartner, the people, the job, the collaboration, and the integrity but things have changed in the past few years. Integrity went out the window and the environment became less enjoyable, more frightening. People were fired for things that upper management encouraged and people were praised for doing unethical practices- because the revenue was there. It used to be such an incredible place to work but that is no longer the case.
Gartner is a great company. Like any company there are pros and cons. When I started there the company culture was better. There was a sense that they really cared about their people. Now, not so much..
Pros
Good benefits, especially PTO, Smart and influential people to work with, Partner with C-level and Director members, Teamwork and Collaboration
Cons
Losing perks daily, Management is not well aligned, Metrics metrics metrics, Inconsistent data that requires manual tracking, Client Manager's are treated as admins
I was lucky to work in a pocket of productive and awesome people, and I had a generally great work experience. Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of teams that are not as fun or interesting to work in, and everyone's work is susceptible to major slow downs by a lot of bureaucracy and red tape. Sometimes things feel arbitrarily hierarchical. The compensation definitely needs to be re-calibrated, too.