Gartner
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Gartner Pay & Benefits reviews

Gartner is a large company with a strong track record of success. They didn’t cut many jobs during covid, and in general are fairly well run. The people are very nice and smart. Where the company lacks is compensation and promotion at lower levels. There is a lot of middle management and the promotion timeline is long. Additionally, gartner pays less than consulting despite being pretty similar to it.
Pros
Work life, people
Cons
Pay, promotion
relaxed environment with games and pool table that many use during lunch and late afternoon, friendly people, celebrate birthdays each month with cupcakes, onsite cafeteria
Pros
Free lunch
USA Leadership is very good but I can't say the same for Indian leaders. You have an option to work from home but you are also expected to work from home after office hours.
Gartner is a great company to work for. Everyone at the company is awesome to work with. Really good culture and still a growing feel. Top of the line facilities and great benefits, as well.
Very flexible culture via remote environments and balanced hours. Nice office ambiance and really great healthcare/HR benefits. People there are really caring as well.
HRA - very process driven, use of Workday for tasks, receive reference and visa letters through HR Inbox. Collaborate across EMEA, America and APAC. Good working environment, culture is developing positively. Progression is unfortunately rigid and strict to be in seat for typically 2 years before promotion. Company is centered only around sales and money - corporate functions do not benefit from paid Christmas parties, summer parties, team building days, information is very top down.. you are 'told' information from team in America, same for HRP's. Benefits and pay are very good, Vitality private health (includes tons of benefits), dental insurance, good maternity pay, pension is double up to 8%, 2 cafes on site, gym for free at Egham. London office now offers virtual yoga and facilitates a lunch running club.
Pros
finish at 5, free gym, on-site canteen, benefits, pay
Cons
top down, heavily process driven, US higher mangement VERY robotic and scripted in communication (impossible to warm to them)
The workflow is not constant. It is very stressful and everybody is very busy towards end of months, quarter or year otherwise it could be nearly empty.
Gartner spends more money marketing their support of diversity, inclusion and veteran support, than they invest in their ability to hire talented people from any of the groups they supposedly support. They have people quitting their career in the military reserves because they REFUSE to support them continuing to perform their 2 weeks a year of reserve drill. Also, they fail to actually follow through on the book they claim is part of their sales management philosophy, 'Mindset: The new psychology of success'...they actually just fire people forcefully, not develop them further, if they struggle after being hired.
Pros
Compensation, Branding
Cons
Management support, leadership philosophy, follow-through
Gartner 7 years back and now is very different. The culture is not great and people with right contacts get all the benefits and has grown to become a mom&pop shop. Performance is overlooked and biased with relationships.
Loved it there would do it all over again the staff is friendly over all great company to work for. Best job with great benefits and experience you can have
Very data and metrics driven in any group. Difficult environment to work in. Success is possible, but not easy. The work life balance is challenging making the salary not really worth it
Even though benefits are good, life\work balance is promoted and people are awesome to work with, I noticed a high employment rotation, lots of contractors and interns in and out. Perhaps that is what makes the wheels to spin well at Gartner.
excellent company, very good benefits, hard to be promoted, work/life balance depends on who you work for - Great company for someone who is in the technology field
great company! would recommend to anyone looking for a job with work/life balance, competitive pay, and great benefits. Just do your work and you will love this place.
Working at Gartner definitely seems fun at first but soon enough you realize that there is no work-life balance on the events side of the business. If you plan on having a family and celebrating father's day, mother's day - forget it because events overlap those dates. To add to it the benefits while traveling cannot be enjoyed because of tall the work you are doing day-to-day.
The role lacks variety but there are opportunities to move and develop internally, very sales driven culture and management is very hit or miss. good company to work for IT experience.
Benefits
Cons
Sales driven business culture
Working at Gartner had a lot of benefits and will be a great resume builder for me as I continue to pursue other opportunities. The training is on a level of its own and they really invest in their employees. The work-life balance and flexibility to work from home is way above par.
Benefits great. The culture is young, so it works for some people. Hard to be serious and motivated at times and management is closed minded at times.
Gartner provides one of the most interesting, challenging, and continually changing jobs in the tech industry (my role was as a research director/analyst). Unfortunately the job is also stressful, very fast paced, requires long hours (50+/week when not travelling, 80+ hours/week when travelling), high travel (30%-50% or more is not unusual), and is highly competitive between analysts. The management team (with only a few exceptions) do not manage you, they manage your numbers: there is little or no career development, continuing education or retraining, career guidance, or "top-down/bottom-up" management there: It is all top down, management by demand. I worked at Gartner for 10 years and believe that the analyst role is one of the best in technology, if you enjoy writing, speaking/working with clients, and being continually challenged. I also have infinite respect for the peers and analysts I worked with at Gartner. Unfortunately, the job also has a lot of pressure and stress, and management's top down approach does not help. I believe this is why there has been a significant amount of turnover in the ranks of senior analysts leaving Gartner for other employers or to become independent analyst doing their own thing.
Pros
Attractive salary level, interesting & challenging work, good benefits
Cons
High stress, poor people management
Gartner definitely needs to hire new HR staff and strengthen management within RES. They need to hire honest people who abide by policies and respect individuals. The dishonesty and scheming that goes on regarding the Specialist role within Gartner and as a Contractor is horrific. The pay gap is extremely irrespective of the contracting duties. Due to my exceptional performance in contracting, was asked to work a few I months in the Gartner Specialist role. This was COMPLETELY different than the Contracting Specialist's role. This required much more work. It was higher level and required more skill. They had me working for them for free. I had provided lots of value to this company and did not get treated well. I got screwed over by Gartner and the temp agency I signed with. Management at Gartner led me on to believe I'd permanently get this role. They used me for as long as they could and then completely "ghosted" me after they found out that I knew they were going against policies, and breaking the law in more than one way. I was not compensated respectively to my duties. Gartner Specialists were getting paid 2-3x what I was and I was doing the exact same work, if not, more. There's absolutely no room for growth as a contractor. Agencies may tell you that there is, Gartner will as well. However, there isn't. Everyone who watched over my work was extremely happy with it. They agreed that I had highly exceeded expectations. For some reason, that didn't make a difference. Typically, people like it when one's actions speak louder than words. That was not the case - more...
Pros
The Gartner Specialists are extremely helpful, collaborative, inquisitive, and kind
Cons
terrible compensation, Terrible hr, poor management, no room for growth
Gartner and its sister companies have stellar benefits with good upward and lateral mobility. Everyone works hard but the environment never felt stressed or unwelcoming.