Gartner logo
Gartner
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Gartner Employee Reviews in Fort Myers, FL

Work–Life Balance

Good company; tough role

Gartner provides great support for their employees and provides a powerful product for their clients. They truly help companies become better. They also do a good job taking care of their employees, both in the office and working from home.As far as sales go...make sure you want to be in sales as a career. It's a tough role but if you do well, you get compensated for it. I would recommend having prior sales experience before taking a sales role at Gartner. It also helps if you're interested in the specific category of Research and Advisory services you're selling (ask your recruiter).

Pros

Office amenities and employee benefits

Cons

Hard role; sometimes working outside 8-5

Great Culture, Advancement Can Be Tough

Promotions seem to be based more on your interview rather than your impact on the company as a whole outside of the interview process. Great company to work for though, the work/life balance is great (which is most important to me). Pay is very solid and benefits are good as well.

Pros

Work/life balance, culture

Cons

Advancement can be tough

Good org

Good org to work for. Challenging during Covid, but believe we are on the right track towards bouncing back and supporting our clients to bounce back.

Great company to work for overall

Gartner is a great company to work for overall. Great, salary, benefits, work life balance, and the compensation is very rewarding depending on how hard you work

Pros

Compensation, company brand, work life balance

Cons

Culture can improve, along with internal processes

Pleasant and enjoyable working environment with a strong sense of team, community, and support.

I loved working at Gartner. Great team environment that focuses on individual growth to meet team success. Everyone was supportive and great to work with.

Either great or terrible.

Gartner is a great place to work 50% of the time. When it's good its great (lots of praise, money, and opportunities) and when its bad it's terrible (fear of job security, treated less than, coached-out of the organization). Many who are struggling feel gaslight as they are told that this is simply because of their limited mindset. It's pretty draining on one's mental health.As far as benefits go, they're great. You get 2 days of PTO acquired each month and up to 10 can transfer over year-to-year. PTO is often hard to take due to the nature of sales (discouraged to take PTO EOM, EOQ, or Q4) so use as much as possible when you can.

Pros

Benefits, Relaxed Dress Code, Fun Cowokers

Cons

Micromanaging, limited growth opportunities

SMB Account Executive

Their best years are behind them. Gartner used to be a much better company to work for however as they've grown and become more corporate, the culture greatly suffered.

Great place to start your career

This is an excellent place to start your career as a salesperson. Gartner is one of the few companies that still invests in its employees with paid training. You will learn lots of valuable skills while being paid an actual salary with benefits for several weeks. To date, this was one of my most valuable and favorite work experiences and companies to work for. It was my first real job right out of college. There are many opportunities for growth and career paths to advance in the company. The company promotes from within, the management is supportive and inclusive, and for the most part, everyone seems happy. Another thing to note is that I noticed that if a job wasn't a right fit, management seemed to work with you to find a job that was a better fit for employees, instead of just letting people go. The company really seemed to want their employees to succeed, at least when I worked there 6-7 years ago in the branch I worked in. So if sales weren't your thing, they'd work with you to find a place where you would excel within the company. That seems to be a rare thing nowadays. I wish I had stayed with the organization- the only reason I got a new job was that I had to move home for personal reasons (I had relocated out of state for the job.) Truly, an excellent company to begin your career with. You will learn so much!

Pros

Friendly colleagues, supportive management, laptop provided, free coffee, beautiful cafeteria, paid training, great benefits/salary, positive environment

Cons

None I can think of

Toxic work environment for women - EMSE

You can learn a lot working here. It is often described as getting your MBA. The pay and benefits are fair. Unfortunately, women are treated poorly, especially in the EMSE office. Over 90% of leadership are men. Women who raise concerns of discrimination and harassment are at best not taken seriously and at worst retaliated against by HR. This culture leads to women feeling uncomfortable coming to work and many high performing women exiting. If the company views women as equals, they should hold toxic and abusive leaders accountable.

Pros

Salary, benefits, opportunities to learn

Cons

Lacking diversity, lacking inclusion, toxic leadership

Productive and fun atmosphere

Excellent company. Wish I had never left big mistake. Went to work for smaller company a former Gartner vp called and offered me the job and was able to work from home.

Pros

Great advancement opportunities

Cons

Some managers chosen

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gartner?

Entry Level Sales Dream

Opportunity to make great money, get great IT sales experience, develop awesome network, and make great friends along the way. Don't let being in Fort Myers, FL make it seem bad - for entry level this is a dream job. You'll likely think the grass is greener after being their for a while, but I assure you this is a great place.

A living nightmare working at this company- you have been warned

Gartner was a total whirlwind of working with some great people and absolutely horrible management and metrics. Drink the company Kool aid or be cast out to like a disease. The work we conducted every day was very unfulfilling. Management was completely fake and their expectations were completely unrealistic. I’m back in real estate making twice as much money as Gartner paid and 100x happier. Instead of this company buying $3000 pool tables, maybe it should invest in some ethics classes.

Pros

Good pay, working with some good people, food is great

Cons

Very unfulfilling work, management is fake and overworks everyone to the bone

Overrated

Order management department is the underdog of the company. Underappreciated and overworked, you will be required to work extremely long hours during month and quarterly closes and be thanked with cheap meals and conference room Christmas parties.

Great place to have worked!

Working at Gartner in Fort Myers, FL has been one of my best career experiences! Great leadership and inclusivity. Hope to again work for Gartner in the future. Can't say that about most companies in my experience.

Catch-22 - Metrics Obsessed

Initially hesitant, I felt obliged to write this review to shed some light on my experience within the client services organization in Fort Myers FL for those considering client management or other client services roles. The organization is metrics obsessed and without apology. If you don't completely agree with this notion or challenge it with merit you will be looked at negatively. You must not only accept but also embrace a mindset of constantly wanting to chase after metrics each and every day. The company will tell you to put the mission before the metrics but actions don't back that up. It isn't enough to help the client succeed in their goals without simultaneously hitting your metrics. Don't take this lightly if you are considering a role within the client services organization. The company promotes individuals who are great at hitting their metrics so management is full of people who put this above all else. It's fundamental to the culture. You are left with daily dashboards, reports of client activity and weekly meetings why so and so isn't opening research or pushing your call. Be prepared for this if you decide to move forward with a client services role. Despite all of this if you log an activity your manager or their manager deems to be incorrect they will let you go without warning. In other words, make sure every single activity your clients do is accounted for but do it correct 100% of the time or they will terminate you without warning. Good luck.

Great benefits but lacking integrity & quality leadership

For the area, the benefits and base salaries are tough to beat, depending on the department. Turnover is high due to poor management and broken promises of growth & income opportunities. Absence of trust and recognition for a job-well-done is rampant. Too many secrets and lies for an effective and positive working environment to exist.

Things have changed

I used to love Gartner, the people, the job, the collaboration, and the integrity but things have changed in the past few years. Integrity went out the window and the environment became less enjoyable, more frightening. People were fired for things that upper management encouraged and people were praised for doing unethical practices- because the revenue was there. It used to be such an incredible place to work but that is no longer the case.

Was a good company to work for

Gartner is a great company. Like any company there are pros and cons. When I started there the company culture was better. There was a sense that they really cared about their people. Now, not so much..

Pros

Good benefits, especially PTO, Smart and influential people to work with, Partner with C-level and Director members, Teamwork and Collaboration

Cons

Losing perks daily, Management is not well aligned, Metrics metrics metrics, Inconsistent data that requires manual tracking, Client Manager's are treated as admins

Excellent Sales Training and Development

Gartner is a great place to start a sales career. The training they provide throughout the organization is world-class and prepares you for a role at any organization.

Great place to start

Great career choice if you are new to the working field. Not much opportunity for growth in the client services organization. For the most part, its a great culture. Its always relative to what your leadership or "management" looks like. Good culture, could use more diversity, most people genuinely care, open to change.

Great Place to Work

Gartner is a great company to work for. Everyone at the company is awesome to work with. Really good culture and still a growing feel. Top of the line facilities and great benefits, as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gartner. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question