Gartner
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Gartner Employee Reviews for Business Development Manager

Great sales program. Management can get bureacratic though making hard to move up. Culture was not too bad. If you work hard and are likeable by management you will do well.
I've been with Gartner for 4 years and still love working here. Most of my friends come from work and I've gotten promoted 2 times. My manager is amazing. I'd recommend working here for anyone interested. Most people are very happy and I feel like I am constantly learning new skills
Pros
Compensation, people, flexibility, coaching
Cons
It's hard, work/life balance can be tough
Gartner is a great company to work for overall. Great, salary, benefits, work life balance, and the compensation is very rewarding depending on how hard you work
Pros
Compensation, company brand, work life balance
Cons
Culture can improve, along with internal processes
I was an intern but my experience was great. The eagerness for others to help you grow and develop was great!I will say the experience definitely hinged on the management team. It was great place to build friendship and career connection
Great place for sales training and boot-camp, to cut your teeth, to see if sales is really for you. However, I found out I was making 20-25k less in my base than some 4 years less experience class-of cohort and when I asked for a comp true-up, I was given a $3k counter. Insulting but understandable different money pools, new-hire from Corp. HR money pool v.s. my VP's pocket money budget pool. Great place to network, they definitely hire top-tiered people.
Gartner is a great place to start a sales career. You'll receive world class training. The only drawback is that it is growing so quickly, many first time managers are leading teams. Your career trajectory can depend on a lot of luck.
Gartner has a great culture and you will learn great cold calling, prospecting, and account management skills. Enjoyed my experience with the company and they are very structured to their growth mission. However, there seems to be a decent amount of turnover after a year or two.
Good culture, good benefits, good training, going through transitional period, so lots of change. Collaborative environment. Good reputation and products
Huge growth happening at Gartner due to acquisition of CEB, but that has led to a lot of growing pains that they are trying to figure out, but it's going to take a while to get there.
Gartner overall is a good company, but could learn a bit from its own research on driving productivity and not slowing reps down with internal processes.
Very high pressure environment as they are publicly traded. Great training on their methodologies, and decent territory splits for those new to the company. The tools they use for sales professionals are lacking in several areas, although they state they'd invest in the tools to enable more results.
Sales and the value clients get from every interaction are of the utmost importance here. They invest a lot in their employees as they want them to grow with the company.
Gartner is a great place wherever you are in your career. I was originally part of CEB when we were acquired by Gartner earlier in 2017, but the two organizations are very similar - everyone's nice, smart, and driven. Plus, there are plenty of routes to go once you work here, whether it's up in a current department or laterally into another part of the business.
Great place to establish a great sales career. Excellent training and people that truly care about your development. Work culture is something that is very important to them and they strive to keep everyone happy and productive.
Pros
Training, Benefits, Work-life balance
Cons
Performance based promotions can be hard if you are in an under-performing business unit
Job paid well and provided a lot of room for growth and professional development. I honed in on skills that I didn't realize I even had. Learned a ton.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Unhealthy party habits among employees
Room for growth and advancement. Develop personally and professionally. Fun collaborative culture. Lunch cafeteria is wonderful. Encourage you to volunteer and stay fit/healthy
Opportunity to work with leaders of global Fortune 1000 companies and learn from talented teammates on a wide variety of business issues and topics facing the world today.
Pros
Learned a ton
Cons
Acquisitions changed culture
Great company with a spectacular track record in the technology space. The Small/Medium Business unit on their End User side is really experiencing some growing pains. They've promoted some very junior people into roles that may be slightly above their skill levels. It starting to show in some struggles their having.
Pros
Great Culture, the Weather in Florida, Cool Perks
Cons
Inexperienced Management, They're seeing a lot of turnover