Gartner
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Gartner Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

There are a lot of good people who are interested in your well being and your growth. Although there are some structural challenges within the company.
Management was great and went out of their way to help support the team; hours and flexibility were great; benefits were amazing. Worked both remote and in the office.
Pros
Benefits, great team members, remote working options.
Cons
Office space limited.
Working in Gartner is a great joy of life. I like work here with different people and they all great. I like work here and like the people here. I enjoy it.
Entered Gartners as a new graduates from NYU, I started my career as a full-stack developer, I learnt a lot from coding to business knowledge. Glad that I had this chance to contribute to such a great company.
Gartner suffers a bit from valuing politics and popularity at the same level as delivered value. Understanding that these two can be linked (the ability to successfully navigate politics can directly influence your ability to get the job done) - the emphasis is clearly on political side. Gartner does provide a good benefits package, as far as larger corporations go you can do worse.
I joined this company due to the reviews it has of work life balance. But exactly opposite. Even have to work on weekend every months. Managers have higher then higher expectations. Very depressing environment they have created. No appreciation even after working odd hours and weekends.
Pros
Policies are good here.
Cons
Managers are not good. They sometime don't even let you go for breaks. No work life balance.
Gartner has good benefits and competitive compensation, but it can be difficult to advance, especially in IT. Some managers are very good and get teams to work together, and others are less good. I had one of each, and recent reorganizations have made things a bit worse in terms of management.
Pros
Competitive Compensation, Low Stress
Cons
Hard to Advance, Not Focused on IT
I enjoyed working at this company and really wish I could have stayed, but circumstances out of my control amounted in my resignation. I believe the poor management and strenuous relationship between the IT Department and the Business Department produced unfair working environments through improper allocation of funds and resources. At first, I was underused or not working at all - no one gave me anything to do. Then I was given the work of a team of 8. I completed that work primarily on my own, but eventually a second team member was assigned to work with me and we finished the gigantic redesign and redevelopment nearly a year after the business team needed it - then they planned to redo it again. I resigned shortly after.
Pros
Transportation from train station, healthcare, 401k
Cons
Management, expensive lunches, expensive area to live
surrounded by smart and fun people. coworkers are supportive. salary and benefits are ok. tough to grow up in the organization unless you have good contacts.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gartner?