Play YouTube video button
GateGourmet
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Australia36 reviews
There are regular management briefings and safety reports done daily. From truck checks to safety walks weekly to look for potential hazards in the workplace.
Pros
Free tea and coffee in the break room.
Cons
Shift work.
Human evolution hasn’t occurred in one particular case here in Perth.
All I can say this one unknown species is fe/male???

It used grunts and growls to communicate

With the humans.It loved to smoke cigarettes.Management could not control her.It should be deported back to NZ!!!
Collaborative work with different quick learning skills. All staff in Gate Gourmet are equally treated during work. There was no discrimination between domestic and overseas staff. Overall, my experience in the gate gourmet is memorable. thank you.
This should be an option. I cannot understand why is this mandatory. I don't like sharing everything in the internet. Hope you can understand and this is not professional.
Nice and friendly working environment. Fast pease work and good management. Steady roster and lots of thing I have learnt. Wages are good and steady and pay on time.
I worked here for 6 months. stressful at times but overall good experience. money is very good and coworkers are usually great people friendly and kind, good culture. I would recommend.
They were a great lot to work with. Amazing company to work for, but I reckon if Management, included themselves with the staff, they’d understand them better.
A typical day would be busy day like other day - stock taking and filling the stock and loading and offloading from Sydney train.

But a team works together to finish off the task - everyday 7/8 times loading and offloading. You have to be very fast since the Trains received fined if they overstay in the platform more than their given times.
This job had a lot of gossip and politics involved. Only employees that had been there for 10+ years would have the option for overtime and we'd only be asked if they couldnt do it.
Some team leaders , just do not know how to treat people. Very poor management, very stressful, very hard every day. After your job done they still complain about it.
The best place to grow and learn loved every bit of it there. So much to learn and accomplish from international flights was a good experiance. Only the travel from the west to the airport was the hardest part .
early lot of learning management varied driving trucks has been a lot of fun able to take long breaks and get away with good sickies , unions strong and support workers to the end
A global organisation but poorly managed in Australia by an ex competitor's management team who have brought their heavy baggage and bad management style to Gate Gourmet! Arrogant MD who only talks about himself.
A toxic place to work where people in meetings are just there to save their backsides and throw everyone under the bus. This includes the so called 'Leadership Team'. Embedded blame culture which is so deep rooted, it may never be removed. Join them if you are prepared to leave your soul at the door as you walk in to work everyday.
Pros
Global company in the airline catering industry.
Cons
Toxic and embedded blame culture, bad leadership / management (current), lack of respect for anyone who challenges them.
I working here last 1 year,my best work place in the world in gate gourmet ,I got a awards employe of the month. I hope everyone enjoy working this place...
I miss my sous chef TUN & DAVID.this two men always support me that's way I got award..
Been in this company for nearly a year now and it has like any other new venture, can be challenging, but what I like is the managers I work with are very open to new ideas and willing to make changes. It is very fast pace - that is there are many projects on at once and you have to work with so many different groups to complete your project which can be difficult when they have their own agendas. Many projects overlap each other in the business so you have learn to prioritize and be patient. If you manage this you will be successful and your role will be enjoyable. In my department we promote work life balance so I can work from home which seem to be more productive for my national role.
Pros
Work life balance, lots of projects to complete, open communication within departments
Cons
Can be too fast pace, restricted financial budget so limited on my role
The company weren't prepared to train us properly in the correct department after hiring a bunch of people which they later on had to fire a few of us for really stupid reasons among many they had to downsize there team. At times a few of us had to go home an hour after starting our shift because too many people were rostered on.
Pros
Excellent pay and consistent hours
Cons
Poor management bad working structure no organisation
The job agency responsible for blue collar is a joke. Someone should put effort and sue the idiot running the show. Disrespectful, dishonest and unprofessional!!
the culture on their websit said “: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times” this is wrong. some people that got high postion treat other employee like no respect and very rude.
Fun and happy work place nice people and worked around family needs , easy to learn tasks, challenging and fast paced, mixed shifts so something different every week.
Pros
Friends and a great enviorment .
Cons
Late flights .
Great place to work , good people , able to make decsions and changes as required . A global company with room to move . Stable work excellent conditions . Can be very stressful , if things go wrong , but that why we are employed
Pros
People
Cons
Customers
Busy environment in the workplace made me a competent team player and made me an effecient.If you the willingness to learn its a place you van learn a lot.