Geelong Grammar School Employee Reviews

Great people
Receptionist, Facilities, (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Corio VIC11 August 2019
Workplace culture was great which was the best part of the job, and free lunch was provided. Management was very supportive although wasn't a lot of work to do within my contract role.
fun and friendly enviroment
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corio VIC10 December 2018
The environment is enjoyable to work in and other co-workers are all very nice and work well as a team. The functions are enjoyable to cater for and the managers are really nice.
And interesting place to work in
French language assistant (Former Employee) –  Corio VIC2 August 2018
Being a french assistant in GGS allowed me to learn more about myself and how I could manage a class. What was rewarding was to see the students improving their french skills and thank me for it. I have also been able to travel in Australia thanks to this job. However, GGS was a bit far from Melbourne but it wasn't a problem for me.
Pros
Free lunches, breakfasts and dinners
Cons
distance from Melbourne
Strong Team with Great Personalities
GROUNDS/MAINTINANCE CREW (Former Employee) –  Merrijig VIC30 December 2017
Often required physical labor and and strong work ethic, often the largest challenge of outdoor work was the temperature which could be quite high, everyone is a great contributor and mentoring is easily available.
secure employment; staff are respected
Head of House-Boarding (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC1 October 2017
excellent workplace;staff are well looked after. The working days are long and we are expected to contribute to all aspects of school life-boarding, cocurricular and academic but we are treated well.
Pros
lunch and morning tea provided
Fun workplace
Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Corio VIC1 February 2017
I love my job and I've never ever said that about a previous employer. Over the years I've gotten to work with outstanding teachers as my Co-ordinators/bosses and the kids are fantastic. Working with years 6-12 I've been able to see the ones I've first started with Graduate and oh wow have they developed! Seeing the kids pick up skills, grow confidence and develop a love for a team sport is amazing. Absolutely recommend working here at GGS.
Pros
Seeing the girls grow year after year
Cons
Not being all year!
great working environment
Assisstant coach (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC7 August 2016
Lovely school to work out for a first job. Great staff and the students were very well behaved anbd a pleasure to work with and see them grow and develop into a great team player
Pros
fun job
Cons
not all year round
Enjoyable workplace
Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Corio, VIC22 November 2015
Typical day at Geelong Grammar is very vibrant and enjoyable. I have learned quite a fair bit in terms of how a school works, the ideas and thoughts that go into school sports and what my goal is as a coach. Co-workers are brilliant to work alongside and communication is 100%. Hardest part of my job would be going home! I dislike going home after coaching, its the best part of my day! Enjoyable part of my job is seeing the girls smile when they kick a goal or nail a trick I have taught them, that is why I enjoy coaching the most.
Pros
free breaskfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
Going home!