GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Showing all 6,399 reviews

Favoritism and a lack of ethics

If you are a "yes man" and the supervisors like you, you will have a company car and be placed in the field. If you speak out about the corruption of the insurance industry or try to be an honest adjuster, you will be placed in the worst shops that GEICO is in bed with (repair xpress program). I was hired at $4k more than an untrained employee due to my college degree. When my first annual evaluation came to get a raise, I was told I wouldn't be getting a raise like the others that were hired at the same time as me because I was already making more.

15 years wasted

Geico has been on the decline for several years. They are no longer competitive in the workplace market, poor communication, lack of strategic vision, very few benefits for associates. Turnover is at 50% in many areas because of how poorly we are treated. I’ve given 15 years to this company only to be continually disappointed.

Growth and Development

GEICO is the company you would enjoy working with to grow your career as a Claim Adjuster. There's growth potential within 3 to 6 months of employment. GEICO supports their workers with the tools to succeed. Supervisor and managers are extremely supportive to assist you with company knowledge for success.

People are great, processes are not

Unclear attendance expectations until you get a memo. Geico tries to be fair, but sometimes advancement is who you know. I don’t recommend coming to this company if you have a ton of outside experience bc they won’t consider it. You have to go through a bunch of Geico hoops like classes and personal development to advance. I am extremely underutilized and I don’t have time to go through the motions again in my life.

Amazing Company

GEICO is a great company to work for and they value their employees. GEICO is like a family. I highly recommend working for this company. They give employees a share of the company and match your 401k contribution.

Great for People without young kids.

Great company for individuals without a young family. You have to earn PTO and Sick time per paycheck. My shifts were 9.75 hours so it would take me 2 1/2 months to earn one day of PTO or Sick time. Definitely not beneficial for parents with young kids who get sick very often.

Stressful Mess

I don’t recommend working here. If you are looking for a job that involves work life balance this is not the place. The management is awful and if you go to HR and report it, you end up getting in trouble instead of management. The calls are back to back and they are super strict about breaks. The pay is decent but not with your mental health and stress. PLEASE DONT WORK HERE

Tedious and anxiety-inducing

The pay is good, and there is a lot of training involved. There's just no room for advancement. They want you on the phones forever, which is good for some people. To ambitious people who want to grow within company, Geico customer service is not for you.

Not worth your time

No job security, no assistance from management, and they only care about your numbers and prod. You are only another head to fill an unoccupied space.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, no free time, constant harassment for “fake” connections

Overall pretty good

Management was really weirdYou could have a really lax and nice manager or you could have a manager who focused only on Calls per day and getting people to get house insurance. And if you got the later like me it wasn't a fun time

Company is ok but customers can be abusive

Ok place to work. Customers are often abusive. Often Inflexible schedules….Shared, small work stations. Micromanaged to the nth power although direct manager was very kind and supportive.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Short breaks, schedule

Advancement opportunities with a clear career path

There are a lot of opportunities for growth or just horizontal change. Communication between leadership and staff has improved recently but could still use some work. The 401k match is convoluted and not guaranteed.

Pill popping managers and coworkers causes issues.

This would be a great job if it was more professional. Pill popping managers cause a toxic work environment when it is not necessary. Unethical and unprofessional behavior is condoned and even rewarded. Crazy right?

Great pay horrible everything else

They only care about you when you do more work than necessary and completely overwork yourself. The minute you start needing days off for rest they switch up on you. The pay was good but everything else was horrible

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Too much work

Auto Damage Training

The auto damage training has been awesome they’re really good at doing what they do. An they are teaching us what we need to know to be successful. Pay is great and a lot of great benefits.

Awesome place to work!

They train you to be successful. they want you to succeed. The management staff is amazing and there is always someone to help you. The pay, benefits, paid time off, etc. is above most other companies. The opportunities for advancement are unlimited, along with the opportunity to work from home. I've been with GEICO now for almost a year and I absolutely love it, I couldn't be happier!

Management and trainers were great

Loved this job. Would definitely go back. The management was professional and really cared. Pay and hours was very good as well. No complaints from me.

Busy environment that makes the day fly by. Great place to work.

Great place to work. The culture is inclusive. They're doing their best to make everyone feel appreciated. The benefits are great. The company needs to let people be creative instead of following a script.

Great Benefits

They offer gr3at benefits and bonuses every year. The company is great overall, but loving your job depends on the department you're in. It's a great entry to job to jump start a career.

Stressful

Lack of support and management. The customer is always right. It's draining and takes a toll on your mental health.

High turn over

Constantly moving goal posts with no pay increases to match cost of living. Inflexibility when it comes to physical and mental health od employees. It comes down to who you know and how

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• GEICO
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?