General Pants Co Employee Reviews

good
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW29 May 2018
love the job gives a great opportunity to work your social skills and develop new skills for future purposes. Also allows me to work in a fast paced environment and get things done on time.
good
Productive, busy workplace with many positive initiatives and personal growth
Sales Assistant/Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Macarthur NSW5 May 2018
Typical day at work consists of serving customers in retail such as customer service, styling, assistance, cash and phone handling.
Retail Assistance taught me to be organised, articulate, alert and work well under extreme pressure.
The workplace culture was very busy but much positivity.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the communication and relationship shared between retail assistants and customers who buy and browse from the store.
The hardest part can occur when dealing with difficult customers, however there are many ways to overcome this and much to do with patience, understanding and fairness.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Nil.
Fun
Sales Assistant & Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 April 2018
GP is a really fun place to work, but you have to be willing to work hard for your shifts. It has a great culture and lots of benefits and incentives.
Some of the best people I have met, One family and we all work together and achieve results.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 April 2018
General Pants was a fun, energetic and a great company to work for. The store culture and atmosphere makes it a great place to spend your days. I was guided, considered and motivated to improve my skills and I learnt a lot of good qualities and skills from the position.
Pros
Discounted ksubi! for sure..
Cons
commute on my end was difficult.
Well run company
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia1 March 2018
This company is huge and well run with a good company cuture but it also has a high turnover. Great training for sales staff, would recommend as a beginner retail job.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD12 February 2018
i loved working at General Pants, all my colleagues were amazing and great to work with. I had fun going to work instead of dreading it! I'd still be working there but I would like to excel in something that will benefit me in later life.
Pros
The team
Cons
No cons
push you to annoy customers
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 January 2018
WAY too focussed on making money. to the point where you aren't making sales, you're just annoying the customer and you can feel that you are. it can be super frustrating. pay is good though.
Believes in a good work culture, but falls short with mediocre management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW20 November 2017
Job security doesn't quite exist, the only really way i can describe it is as a revolving door. Discounts are good, and the pay is excellent, but variety in staff members is very limited.
Pros
Discounts and pay
Cons
Management and shift designation
Great team, terrible management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 September 2017
Working for General Pants, the team is fabulous. The parties are great. BUT Sometimes General Pants wouldn't pay me for overtime. When questioned why, apparently they "didn't have enough money to do so"
Pros
People who work there
Cons
Management don't care about staff
People create a fun atmosphere to work in!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourke Street VIC1 September 2017
Keeping myself busy and learning more in depth about each individual brand of clothes. Also learning how to work with different body shapes. My manager was such a great person to work with and learn with. The hardest part of the job is when you get flooded with a sea of customers and you are running around like a headless chook!
The most enjoying part of the job is the music, the people, looking fly and keeping it real!
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Trying to a long lunch break ahah
Enjoyable and Fun
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW13 August 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. They are friendly and helpful. Workplace is informative and engaging
Fun and accepting work environment
third in charge (Former Employee) –  erina fair10 August 2017
A typical day at work was very enjoyable, the people i worked with were very outgoing and welcoming. I learned how to delegate, take initiative, train people, take on responsibility, how to up sell to customers, multi serve with customers, visual merchandising.
Pros
entering a happy work environment everyday
Cons
low wages
Super fun and energetic workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW6 August 2017
Great culture cultivates a fun and inclusive workplace. Great communication throughout whole company and easy processes create streamline policies and procedures. Great training and development for all staff.
The best place to work at!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 July 2017
I'm basically working with my family. Each and everyday at work is something special as I get to spend it with people that I see as more than just colleagues. It is seriously great to come to work and spend time with people that are a similar age to you and that share similar ambitions with you. It is also great having a network comprised of younger people because then it doesn't feel like a hierarchy with the casuals, part times and full times. Everyone is on the same level and we learn from each other. General pants is the best place to work, man, if I had a full time job, I'd work weekends for free!
Pros
great environment, fun customers and friends (other staff)
Cons
sweet FA
Great team environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 July 2017
First job, gave impeccable sales training. Kept us motivated for our KPI's and always kept a happy, positive team morale in order to strengthen our team bond but allow fluidity in our environment to make sales.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Shifts can go forever
Very disciplined workplace, high energy required to work here!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastland Shopping Centre VIC16 April 2017
Very unrealistic targets set for each employee, this work place focuses on profit rather than the customer. With training, I learnt how to approach customers in a friendly manner, but the true underlying reason for this was to make profit and up sell everything which I don't think is very important, working in a clothes store should be about fashion, not trying to squeeze every dollar from a customer to complete profit target!!!!
Pros
Meeting new and amazing people
Cons
Expensive clothes with a medeocre staff discount
Fun environment, good people, work progression
3IC (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 April 2017
Good place to work from first job to management positions. Flexible work life balance. Team incentives throughout the year, great work and social team life.
Pros
good music
Cons
Good company but not enough hours to share for all workers
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2017
Good retail company to work for however not enough hours are given to ground level sales assistant workers. Therefore some workers are favored more than others and get more working hours while others may miss out
great company to work for
Sales Assistant, Full Time & Casual (Former Employee) –  Carindale QLD8 October 2016
A very friendly company who looked after their staff well as well as always making awesome work environments for their teams. Definitely learnt a lot from General Pants Co
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn VIC27 March 2016
Worked there as casual and enjoyed it so much. Great experience. Learnt alot of things that I haven't done some part of the tasks needs to be done/
Missed working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Pants Co. Our community is ready to answer.