General Pants Co
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

General Pants Co Employee Reviews

Australia42 reviews
General pants had the most lovely staff members with such an amazing store manager. Had so much fun working at General Pants as it has such an amazing culture there.
I worked as a Christmas casual at General Pants in Chatswood last year and the manager made my experience unbearable. He was rude, would ignore me if I tried to be friendly and make casual conversation with him, and acted entitled (as if he could act rude to me). He picked on me incessantly when I was doing my job exactly as I was instructed to do, and I am to presume it was because he was in a bad mood because that's what I sensed. He also forgot to pay my salary and then when he left the job, did not organise to address this issue so I had to reach out to HR. All in all, I did not have a good experience working at GP and now every-time I see their store I grimace .
I found that it was very hard to fit in with the team members who had already been working there for a while. I also didn't seem to get much help whenever I needed it.
Pros
discount
I loved working at General Pants.
It was a very team orientated environment and everybody always looked out for and worked to achieve a well balanced and desired result.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working Weekends
Perfect as a first job wraps your head around retail and teaches good customer service skills! Strengthens knowledge of KPI's, presence and urgency. However, I personally suggest to apply if you're around 18, it makes it much easier to get to know your co-workers.
It was great to work there, everyone was very sweet, but they were not prepared with overhiring and very little shifts for everyone with no chance to show I should continue. It was not the fault of the store
Very unorganised as a company, even in regards to head office (key systems down for months), poor communication, no ability to follow up on any issues.

Extremely pushy with customers, must speak with everyone for several minutes, even if they’re not seeking assistance and being persistent in getting responses, eg. question weekend plans, give fake compliments to try continue conversations.

All about sales and not interested in customer service.

Company motto is to be genuine, but teach you to be as fake as possible.
Poor levels of training provided, limited contact with area manager.
Decent pay but so much is expected due to literally no training which leads to high stress situations.
There is a big culture within GP stores, it can be very cliquey making it harder to enjoy your day at work. The benefits and discounts from the job were amazing, but like I said the culture just isn't there.
It was an incredibly fun place to work, strong work culture between employees and lots of ways to learn and grow your personal skills. The management was effective and approachable, creating a comfortable place of work between employees and managers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at General Pants Co?
My first and still favourite job in retail. The brands and clothing are some of my favourites and the staff I worked with will be friends for life. Would recommend a career here.
Very unprofessional business don’t be fooled by the look of this company or it’s brands and “friendly” fake employees. They won’t last nor will there cheap quality ill fitting clothing.

Don’t work here I’m saying this for your own quality of life and mental well being, which they absolutely DO NOT care for!!!!

Oh and the pay is non negotiable & below minimum wage for a full time position. Absolutely not worth your time and energy, there are way better opportunities and companies out there to work for.

The role advertised was very misleading and when it comes to the interview they lie and fool you into believing what the role actually entails, which is far from what your expectations are off of the interview stage to the actually role.

I could keep going but my time and energy is obviously not worth it!!
Pros
The employee discount
Cons
A lot
I would arrive at the store half an hour before opening. First thing the team would do is check the store that it is clean and acceptable for opening. We would then have a Team Meeting about our stores Target and KPIs. Management would give every body a section of the store that we would have to maintain its appearance and help any customer. Once the store was open out primary goal was customer service. I would approach a customer offer my help, tell them about the sale we had on that day and then give them space to look around. When they did want my assistance i would ask them what they were looking for and would give them a couple of option and try to up sell something else that matches. In between customer i would clean and place any stock that needed to be taken out to the shop floor. Once the opening hours were finished, Management would count the tills while the others cleaned the store so it was spotless for the next day.
Management were great, we were well trained. They were very friendly and kind. They made the workplace fun which then showed on the stores performance. The hardest part of the job was to keep the store clean, it was small so it got cluttered quickly. The best part of the job was the fun we had, every one wanted to be there so there was a lot of enthusiasm and energy which made it very enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Small store
love the job gives a great opportunity to work your social skills and develop new skills for future purposes. Also allows me to work in a fast paced environment and get things done on time.
good
Typical day at work consists of serving customers in retail such as customer service, styling, assistance, cash and phone handling.
Retail Assistance taught me to be organised, articulate, alert and work well under extreme pressure.

The workplace culture was very busy but much positivity.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the communication and relationship shared between retail assistants and customers who buy and browse from the store.

The hardest part can occur when dealing with difficult customers, however there are many ways to overcome this and much to do with patience, understanding and fairness.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Nil.
GP is a really fun place to work, but you have to be willing to work hard for your shifts. It has a great culture and lots of benefits and incentives.
General Pants was a fun, energetic and a great company to work for. The store culture and atmosphere makes it a great place to spend your days. I was guided, considered and motivated to improve my skills and I learnt a lot of good qualities and skills from the position.
Pros
Discounted ksubi! for sure..
Cons
commute on my end was difficult.
This company is huge and well run with a good company cuture but it also has a high turnover. Great training for sales staff, would recommend as a beginner retail job.
i loved working at General Pants, all my colleagues were amazing and great to work with. I had fun going to work instead of dreading it! I'd still be working there but I would like to excel in something that will benefit me in later life.
Pros
The team
Cons
No cons
WAY too focussed on making money. to the point where you aren't making sales, you're just annoying the customer and you can feel that you are. it can be super frustrating. pay is good though.
Job security doesn't quite exist, the only really way i can describe it is as a revolving door. Discounts are good, and the pay is excellent, but variety in staff members is very limited.
Pros
Discounts and pay
Cons
Management and shift designation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Pants Co. Our community is ready to answer.