General Pants Co Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

3.7Pay & Benefits
3.6Job Security & Advancement
Energetic, Fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia5 October 2018
I would arrive at the store half an hour before opening. First thing the team would do is check the store that it is clean and acceptable for opening. We would then have a Team Meeting about our stores Target and KPIs. Management would give every body a section of the store that we would have to maintain its appearance and help any customer. Once the store was open out primary goal was customer service. I would approach a customer offer my help, tell them about the sale we had on that day and then give them space to look around. When they did want my assistance i would ask them what they were looking for and would give them a couple of option and try to up sell something else that matches. In between customer i would clean and place any stock that needed to be taken out to the shop floor. Once the opening hours were finished, Management would count the tills while the others cleaned the store so it was spotless for the next day.
Management were great, we were well trained. They were very friendly and kind. They made the workplace fun which then showed on the stores performance. The hardest part of the job was to keep the store clean, it was small so it got cluttered quickly. The best part of the job was the fun we had, every one wanted to be there so there was a lot of enthusiasm and energy which made it very enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Small store
People create a fun atmosphere to work in!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourke Street VIC1 September 2017
Keeping myself busy and learning more in depth about each individual brand of clothes. Also learning how to work with different body shapes. My manager was such a great person to work with and learn with. The hardest part of the job is when you get flooded with a sea of customers and you are running around like a headless chook!
The most enjoying part of the job is the music, the people, looking fly and keeping it real!
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Trying to a long lunch break ahah
The best place to work at!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 July 2017
I'm basically working with my family. Each and everyday at work is something special as I get to spend it with people that I see as more than just colleagues. It is seriously great to come to work and spend time with people that are a similar age to you and that share similar ambitions with you. It is also great having a network comprised of younger people because then it doesn't feel like a hierarchy with the casuals, part times and full times. Everyone is on the same level and we learn from each other. General pants is the best place to work, man, if I had a full time job, I'd work weekends for free!
Pros
great environment, fun customers and friends (other staff)
Cons
sweet FA
Great team environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 July 2017
First job, gave impeccable sales training. Kept us motivated for our KPI's and always kept a happy, positive team morale in order to strengthen our team bond but allow fluidity in our environment to make sales.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Shifts can go forever
Good company but not enough hours to share for all workers
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2017
Good retail company to work for however not enough hours are given to ground level sales assistant workers. Therefore some workers are favored more than others and get more working hours while others may miss out
Great atmostphere
Customer service/Online Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 March 2016
Learned something new everyday! Awsome clothes were arriving each day and the public really respected the brand. Would totally work there again
Fun work place.
Wharehousing (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC18 March 2014
Busy most times
Learnt the insides and outs of Warehousing
Management made it an enjoyable work place
Hardest part to it was when it got quite
Most enjoyable part was smashing out targets
Pros
Worked with clothing and shoes. Enjoyable work area
Cons
Casual work, some days we had no work