General Pants Co Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

They could care less for your mental health
Management /Sales/Visual merchandising (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2019
Very unprofessional business don’t be fooled by the look of this company or it’s brands and “friendly” fake employees. They won’t last nor will there cheap quality ill fitting clothing.

Don’t work here I’m saying this for your own quality of life and mental well being, which they absolutely DO NOT care for!!!!

Oh and the pay is non negotiable & below minimum wage for a full time position. Absolutely not worth your time and energy, there are way better opportunities and companies out there to work for.

The role advertised was very misleading and when it comes to the interview they lie and fool you into believing what the role actually entails, which is far from what your expectations are off of the interview stage to the actually role.

I could keep going but my time and energy is obviously not worth it!!
Pros
The employee discount
Cons
A lot
Great team, terrible management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 September 2017
Working for General Pants, the team is fabulous. The parties are great. BUT Sometimes General Pants wouldn't pay me for overtime. When questioned why, apparently they "didn't have enough money to do so"
Pros
People who work there
Cons
Management don't care about staff
Very judgemental
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitt St NSW23 February 2016
Working at General Pants Co. coming from food and customer service into retail wasnt as different as i expected.
The first 5 shifts i had were very enjoyable, i loved socialising, retrieving stock and helping customers but after that i realised that most of my coworkers were very rude and i felt very judged, especially being the youngest employee.
I came from a great company with Dockside Group to a company where you couldnt be yourself unless you were invited into the 'group' of the store.
I learnt alot about keeping a poker face when feeling left out or negative comments towards or about me and focused on my job and the customers experience.
A typical day at work would be to sign in, go to a designated area for an hour or two then change areas with other coworkers.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
negative working environment
Did multiple roles
accounts Payable/Receieable (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW19 August 2015
learned retail cash reconciliation on daily basis Monday to Friday.
Sales reconciliation
accounts payable and accounts receivable
Pros
staff discount
Fun working with clothes!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney31 July 2015
Energetic and upbeat working environment with great support from management. Building strong bonds with co-workers! Key focuses are customer service and experience. Providing training and the right skills to easily reach sales targets! Overall really fun environment!
Pros
Great staff benefits and discounts
Cons
not seeing the day light in the center.
The best moments were when customers called back .
Customer Service and retail sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia4 April 2012
Relaxed environment, proactive staff. Each staff was capable of being a manager or more in the company. The company was good I felt they could have reached more genre's if they broaden its approach. Also no advertising everything was word of mouth, people knew of the brand through various locations.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
needed to broaden its appeal to other markets